• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newblade

This game is terrible. Do yourselves a favour and don't take it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-601CC050898DD5DB - Taken by _hekk05

I'm currently playing as the Canaries Islands in CKII a Sultan makes an offer to me become his vassal, I refuse then he declares war against me and my army is a small and could be crushed in battle, but they don't have boats to come to my lands! So I just sit here watching the war score increase in my favor. lol

Faabulous

At least you're not on the dota 2 train. I've completed maybe 10 out of my 110+ games

I've been on that train, belive me. 650 hours clocked, and I played it for a couple of months tops. I'm glad I'm off that train now.

Peace comes from acceptance.
I have had a similar thing with my backlog and XCOM.
I stopped playing it recently and tackled my backlog but nothing I tried clicked with me and they all ended up getting on my nerves sooner or later.
So I got fed up with that and even had a couple of days of watching lots of old episodes of Southpark instead.
Then I decided to fire up XCOM to quickly get a few EU achievements but that of course got me back into it again.
However, from doing this I realised that I was enjoying myself and I hadn't been with the backlog games so what was the point of stressing myself about it.
As long as you're enjoying Warframe, play it!
Your backlog can wait.
One day you'll feel like playing something different and it will still be there.

Or just resign yourself to it and look at it from the perspective that you have a large library of games, comprising multiple genres and now always have something to fit your mood.

I'll do just that. I have relatively few games (320) and I am already struggling. I can only feel for you guys that have more then I. Keep it up GAF

Ah yes, the Dark Souls effect.

Indeed :). That's precisely why I am yet to play that game as I strongly suspect that it will draw me in and utterly consume me. I am yet to 100% XCOM EU despite having played it for over 500 hours but a few more playthroughs should see that done. Then I shall have EW to add to the plate courtesy of the lovely SinineSill who gifted it to me recently <3. Then I have vanilla FTL to complete, then the mods, then the new expanded content. Sadly there are only so many hours in the day and I have more available for gaming than most so I could really do without adding another gaming obsession to the pile!

I wish we could gift/trade games from our Library. There are so many games I would gift away :/.

I'll do just that. I have relatively few games (320) and I am already struggling. I can only feel for you guys that have more then I. Keep it up GAF

I have about 100 less than that and have felt pressured by "I should be tackling my backlog" bullshit so I empathise. The first six months or so on Steam I had a bit of buying frenzy what with sales and bundles galore. Plus of course lots of gifts from lovely fellow GAFers. Now I really try to avoid adding a game to my backlog unless I really wish to play it which can be hard but gets easier with practice :). In fact I might even cull my wishlist a bit. It's a grotty afternoon here and I'm having a comfort break from XCOM so I think I'll do just that! :D

Lain

Before I said Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan felt amateurish. Let me change that in Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan is complete shit. Weird bugs everywhere that range from the character getting stuck into a direction when playing with a pad to buttons doing nothing to stuff that won't let you progress.

Floaty hit detection and a combat that seems context sensitive add another tick layer of shit on the shit cake. If there is a corpse on the ground and an enemy is on it or close, the attack button does nothing unless you move away.

I'm still needing 1 achievements for the 0.50 (the unlock all 4 arenas) from playifre and I'm hating myself for trying to get it (I don't even know how to unlock it exactly).

Edit: I was forgetting, I can't see the mouse pointer in-game, so picking options with the mouse is a guessing exercise and now I'm stuck at the arena game over screen because I can't manage to hit the menu button. Hitting any button on the pad does nothing, hitting ESC does nothing. This wasn't even worth the few dollars spent on the bundle that contained it.

PriitV

How have you guys organized yours?
9losK03.png

Khronico

Yeah, I just organized my library a bit better:

Favorites
Casual
Endless
Films
High Tier
Junk
Low Tier
Now Playing

I hope this will help me focus better.

Games To Play
Replayable Games
Backlog

I would organize them better but it's such a hassle to categorize and sort games through the UI.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I just organized my library a bit better:

Favorites
Casual
Endless
Films
High Tier
Junk
Low Tier
Now Playing

I hope this will help me focus better.

I'll add a non-Steam category when I'm playing through a non-Steam game but that's it.

Zafir

Mine are by genres, with a category for bundle games I'll never touch.

Edit: I've also got console categories for emulator games too, almost forgot. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only use 3 categories

Finished / Done with
Not Played
Playing

I maxed out the Portal 2 and Don't Starve badges earlier today but no Nuclear Throne coupon, sadly. I did get 50% off Chuck's Challenge 3D, 50% off Iron Soul and 66% off The Yawhg, though, which suits me just fine as I own none of them. ;)

Games you don't own?!
This is madness...

Arthea

I tried to go categorizing by genres route, but as I'm into genre mixed games, it gets really hard to decide what goes where, so in the end I have
0now
multi
nope
maybe
zzzfinished
unsorted, default folder of games, I haven't given any thought so far. May be folder is massive and I need to do something about it still. not that other are small, except finished, that one is small, lol

Maybe I'm being OCD about it...

it's OK to embrace your weakness (><)
it looks nice too and orderly

Copons

toodle pip

Quoting you just for the sake of it.

I don't know why I waited this much, but FINALLY I got the perfect picture of my cat to challenge your avatar!

I'm so happy that this could easily be the best day of my life.

My cat >>>>>> the bearded guy from Hotline Miami >>>>>> Yvonne Strahovsky >>>>>> your cat

tl;dr

image.php
>>>>>>
image.php

I don't know why I waited this much, but FINALLY I got the perfect picture of my cat to challenge your avatar!

My cat >>>>>> the bearded guy from Hotline Miami >>>>>> Yvonne Strahovsky >>>>>> your cat

tl;dr

image.php
>>>>>>
image.php
Both cats are beautiful. :)

But my Naoki is more beautiful. :p

_MG_1581.jpg

HoosTrax

I've been running into a lot of games lately with this options dialog, in lieu of a real set of graphics options inside an in-game menu.

WOee1mI.png

Anyone know which game engine is the culprit here?

Pachimari

I wonder, if I start up a game - let's say Metro: Last Light which doesn't give me an option for windowed mode - how can I play it on my screen #2 (HDTV) ? It always starts up on my screen #1 (monitor) but I want to try it out on screen #2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on what the 3 indiegala games will be from the doorways bundle?

I just finished Sniper Zombie Army, anyone knows if 2 is more of the same? I don't know if I should wait to start it, I don't want to get tired of the mechanics.

I wonder, if I start up a game - let's say Metro: Last Light which doesn't give me an option for windowed mode - how can I play it on my screen #2 (HDTV) ? It always starts up on my screen #1 (monitor) but I want to try it out on screen #2.
Make your second screen the primary monitor in Windows (temporarily). Some games offers an in-game option for this though, so check out the options first.

hitoshi

I just finished Sniper Zombie Army, anyone knows if 2 is more of the same? I don't know if I should wait to start it, I don't want to get tired of the mechanics.

Its a carbon copy. Its basicly new maps. Even the menu is the same. Calling it anything but a map pack DLC is a joke.

tl;dr

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=84561&dateline=1395591257[IMG] >>>>>> [MG]http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=71537&dateline=1379509406[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL that is awesome! :D

[quote="NingenJanai, post: 105486188"]Both cats are beautiful. :)

But my Naoki is more beautiful. :P

[img]http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae126/OniShiroX/Naoki/_MG_1581.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

:o So cuuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeee! *picks up Naoki and squeezes very, very tightly!* :D

[quote="Copons, post: 105486728"]She looks like that just because she's in PVP mode against Woo's cat.

Usually she's like this:

or this:

(Sorry for the complete off topic, but it's a slow and lazy Sunday here!)[/QUOTE]

Same here! :)

So, um, on topic, I've culled my wishlist down from 120 odd to 75 so far. Still more to go! Feels good man :).

[quote="OldAsUrSock, post: 105489032"]lol, Whats with all of the kitties and bunnies?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me Miss. It was that Copons Miss. He started it Miss! Please don't cane me again Miss!

I kicked another game to my 100% group just now, Hamilton's Great Adventure.

MpSGCUk.png

I actually 100% it before, but they did a small three level DLC, so I just finished that up.

Neat game, but it BRUTALIZES my video card, for whatever reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I kicked another game to my 100% group just now, Hamilton's Great Adventure.

MpSGCUk.png

I actually 100% it before, but they did a small three level DLC, so I just finished that up.

Neat game, but it BRUTALIZES my video card, for whatever reason.
I gave up trying to 100% it in the final world because the last couple levels were beyond my patience levels for perfecting.

Both cats are beautiful. :)

But my Naoki is more beautiful. :p

_MG_1581.jpg

sorry I just lost like two minutes of time because I think I blacked out from how adorable your bunny is.

Also, while I'm at it:

s5eHCW3.png

Amnesia Fortnight I put in because I was taking my laptop on a work trip and planned to play all the prototypes while I was gone. That didn't exactly pan out (partially because wait, does my laptop even have the horsepower to run the prototypes? and also I didn't bring a mouse). Endless contains both games you can play basically forever without "completing" the game (ex. Civilization, where you just play a new game and there's no campaign as such) and multiplayer-only games.

HoosTrax

You know it isn't the furthest two, so right click those and that should help.
Heh, yeah precisely. I realized that just as you were posting. I should probably stop playing until I've had something to eat, think my brain's running on Empty right now, to be able to miss that one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Where's jshackles when you need him? That "Only show brand new releases" toggle would be a nice Enhanced Steam feature

I posted a reply for the same video on Reddit. Basically, Enhanced Steam doesn't have a database it can use to draw from to determine which games belong in the list by default, and which don't. And since that particular list is loaded via AJAX, if we did have said list, you would have to make several calls to our already extremely-taxed API server each time you loaded new results.

Finally, the best I can do with that list box is basically "hiding" the entries that are already there, as deleting them screws up the "Next 10" and "Previous 10" buttons pretty badly.

It may be possible with a lot of manually entering this information into a database and a combination of some really slick code to make it look nice, at the expense of a huge performance hit on the home page.

TL;DR version: Valve really should do this themselves ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom