• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

So yeah, in the end [*] the PC version of Dark Souls 2 will be a port of the console version with "some obvious improvements".

Was expecting this but holy shit at Scamco and From.

*(Still not confirmed but heavily pointing towards that now.)

I'm lttp on this but why is this seemingly the case?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on Hard midway through chapter 4. I like a challenge though and this game is no joke with no upgrades on hard. But I remember the MGR:R fiasco where hard was the new "normal" because there was very hard and the like... after that, I'm hesitant to start a game on normal (and only use chapter select with easy to do achievement cleanup if necessary).

Well don't worry you can select any difficulty and maintain all your upgrades on the mission select :) Works kinda like MGR:R funnily enough!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I've had a vicious culling of baby seals my wishlist and am now down from 120 odd to less than 20! :D

tS1T4G6.jpg

Not much talk about Papers, Please.. guess everyone interested has already played it.

Waiting for the eventual 75% off during the Summer Sale .

Come on, are you going to say that the open world part of Far Cry 3 was well done? The island is uninteresting, you need to climb those radio tower to reaveal the map because reasons, freeing the outposts is a 5 minute deal and it's still boring, side missions are all the same (and those "stab this guy, don't shoot him because that against the tradition" are just... Awful). Hunting is neat but after a bit you have all you equipment maxed out and it loses all its meaning. There are some nice views but that's about it.

It would have worked better as a tighter experience imho. But that would have meant investing more on the main campaing, because if you just power through the main campaing skipping all the side content you're left with maybe 6 hours of playing time?

I had no problems with the island. Only real problem I had was the pacing. I basically unlocked everything halfway through the first island.

I don't know what the problem is with the 'stab this guy' quests. They basically force you to think differently, which is in no way a bad thing.

I prefer the open world over a 6 hour linear playthrough. I was able to put about 40 hours into Far Cry 3.

I said I would make this when I had time and here you go:

awesome dude, thanks for this.

So yeah, in the end [*] the PC version of Dark Souls 2 will be a port of the console version with "some obvious improvements".

Was expecting this but holy shit at Scamco and From.

*(Still not confirmed but heavily pointing towards that now.)

Anyone have an APB on Grief?

Still hopeful, but seems pretty cut and dry at this point.

Tizoc

A normal playthrough?
Normal as in "not achievement hunting" or as in "I was playing on easy"?

I'm playing on Easy as I heard Normal was a pain to beat.
I've got some health and defensive upgrades but will max out my stats in the Normal playthrough for remaining cheevos and playfire awards >=D

I assume he's playing on Easy. I played on Hard up until level 5 or so and thought the encounter design was absolute bullshit and just unfair rather than challenging. Maybe I'm just being a bad player but putting it down to easy actually made it more fun to actually play.

If only your ATTACK POWER can be increased that would've made it a little easier. As is you just gotta rely on dashing/dodging and random attacks with the sword or the robot arm.

The_Monk

Thanks, Emulation should be fine as long as you have the retail copies of the game and you are not posting sites on where to obtain Roms.

I have one surviving PS2 copy with me but I've been tempted to grab some lost gems from the Wii now that some titles are cheap if bought used but I will focus on the Backlog for now. It's for the best. ;)

Copons

Thanks, Emulation should be fine as long as you have the retail copies of the game and you are not posting sites on where to obtain Roms.

AFAIK owning original copies means shit, but then again I don't know shit about laws in the first place. :p

Just to stay around emu scene: I've seen some interest in MAME growing back in me since a dozen of years or so I last installed it.
What is the best course of action nowadays regarding MAME, UIs, launchers and all that stuff?

Nuuvem is currently offering a discounted pre-order for the upcoming Warlock 2: The Exiled:

Lord Edition: R$59.99 / $25.80 / EUR 18.70 / £15.66

Great Mage Edition: R$74.99 / $32.35 / EUR 23.38 / £19.58

Curiously, the basic version of the game doesn't seem to be available there (for now, at least).

What isn't clear is whether this includes early access to the game. The note on the game page says Participe da Pré Venda de Warlock 2 - The Exiled e receba acesso ao Beta que terá inicio no dia 10 de Abril. (Join the Pre Sale of Warlock 2 - The Exiled and get access to the Beta which will begin on 10 April.) But the Beta access is already available when purchasing via Steam or elsewhere. 10 April is when the game is officially released. Anybody tried ordering from Nuuvem to find out?

On the other hand, the initial feedback from early adopters appears to be not entirely positive, so perhaps it may be better just to wait for a sale or the inevitable bundle?

Strange it seems that Chrome keeps forgetting my cookies, initially I thought it was a problem with Steam because every time I closed the browser I could have to log in back in Steam, now besides it I still need to guarantee access as if it's a new computer or device.

Copons

There have been more cat and dog posts than DS2 downgrade posts. One of those is relevant to Steam.

Not sure what the problem is

Dogs are downgraded-console-ports cats.
Bunnies are fine, if it wasn't for their poly count. :(

On a more serious note: after being stuck in MvM Nightmare (TF2) for like 10 hours today, my lady was a little grumpy, so I'm downloading Monaco for a good ol' single-screen co-op.
Hope it isn't too hard (for me, not for her :'( )!

Myshkin

Cats and bunnies have different relationships with you. If all you care about is sex, then yeah, go bunny all day. For a mature relationship, only cats are suitable. (Don't talk to me about a dog, I don't even want to know what that is.)

You said it so I don't have to.

Parsnip

Too lazy to modbot these two extra keys from Indie Capsule 2 bundle, so here you go.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers Steam Key: Z6QBB-L8BNT-ZQ3C3
Adventures of Shuggy Steam Key: FW4CT-9EYJ5-MB0I8

So, my cousin left his Xbox (first one) here, and I played Ninja Gaiden Black. Why this isn't on PC? Man, I'm loving the game and I'm not even very far.

So, my cousin left his Xbox (first one) here, and I played Ninja Gaiden Black. Why this isn't on PC? Man, I'm loving the game and I'm not even very far.

Why isn't <insert name of game that's a console exclusive> on PC?

Why aren't Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3 on PC?
Why isn't Bayonetta or Vanquish on PC?
Why aren't the Metal Gear Solid games on PC?
Why aren't the Halo games on PC?

We could do this for hours. :p

My hype train would be moving at warp speed if they announced some sort of NG collection with:

The SNES versions of the Ninja Gaiden games
The Arcade port
The Ninja Gaiden Sigma games with the option to play previous iterations of the game instead of the Sigma version for the purists.
While they're at it, throw in Razor's Edge version of 3.

It'll never happen though.
We can dream all we like and wish they'd show up with all the Konami/Capcom/Rockstar/Sega games that aren't on PC (Steam). But most of them will never happen. :|

Nuuvem is currently offering a discounted pre-order for the upcoming Warlock 2: The Exiled:

Curiously, the basic version of the game doesn't seem to be available there (for now, at least).

What isn't clear is whether this includes early access to the game. The note on the game page says Participe da Pré Venda de Warlock 2 - The Exiled e receba acesso ao Beta que terá inicio no dia 10 de Abril. (Join the Pre Sale of Warlock 2 - The Exiled and get access to the Beta which will begin on 10 April.) But the Beta access is already available when purchasing via Steam or elsewhere. 10 April is when the game is officially released. Anybody tried ordering from Nuuvem to find out?

On the other hand, the initial feedback from early adopters appears to be not entirely positive, so perhaps it may be better just to wait for a sale or the inevitable bundle?

It includes early access. I got the game from there and got the code straight away, though I haven't had time to try the game.

Zafir

I bought it from Nuuvem and I got the key straight away from them allowing me to play the game early.

Oh and to add, game seems alright from what I've played. Was playing a game with a friend online.

Tame

Why aren't Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3 on PC?
Why isn't Bayonetta or Vanquish on PC?
Why aren't the Metal Gear Solid games on PC?
Why aren't the Halo games on PC?

I'd like to throw an Asuras Wrath hat into the ring. Maybe an ultimate edition with all the dlc included maybe

mrgone

I'd like to throw an Asuras Wrath hat into the ring. Maybe an ultimate edition with all the dlc included maybe

I'm still kind of pissed that Capcom made the ending of the game DLC. Rabble rabble Capcom dicks rabble. But I'd probably still buy it for PC. I'm weak.

Turfster

Okay, Hero of the Kingdom was fun for a while, but now the whole dance of getting thing A to sell for money to buy thing B to give to someone for thing D so I can go back to the guy that sold me B to get E is getting very tiring.

Dambrosi

Banned
It was all lies from the beginning. That amazing demo was nothing buy a hype-building artifact and the "PC leads this time" statement was false as well.

Good job FROM, welcome to the big leagues!
(P.S: F' you. )
You say that now, but we all know you'll be playing it in late April along with the rest of us.

I feel that feel too bro

Never mind, though - where FROM fails, the modding community will prosper! Believe.jpg

IF and Compa have different relationships with you. If all you care about is sweaterboobs, then yeah, go Compa all day. For a mature relationship, only Iffy-chan (or maybe Noire) is suitable. (Don't talk to me about Peachy, I don't even want to know who that is.)

Key seems to be in a odd format, but I assume it will still work. Says its a steam key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-E7E2477979E2FBD5 - Taken by TuckingFypo

alstein

Good job on the Warlock discount.

That said, AOW3 seems to be getting much more positive press, and that comes out on the 31st.

AOW has a special place in my heart, as it was my first PC game.

Grief.exe

I've been craving some Ninja Gaiden Black recently. I'm hoping that Yaiba sets a precedent for Namco bringing games to PC.

mannerbot

Congrats! I may have to give that a try sometime.

You should, it's a ton of fun. It's actually not as hard as it sounds since a lot of the OP stuff in the game doesn't depend on stats, but obviously since you've got such low health and stamina you're forced to really learn boss attack patterns. It's like playing the game for the first time again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom