• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I'm still excited for it, though a Creative Assembly game having awful AI is almost to be expected. For all the tech-talk wankery they spent an hour talking about to Journos I sure hope they were listening to the feedback.

The fact that they gave a 75 minute powerpoint slide presentation is... worrying.

ibsGlwJ5TeMbGQ.PNG

Man, this game... What a ride!

Nice! Loved every minute of that game.

mrgone

So Galak-Z! (link to the recent Giantbomb quick look EX that I just finished watching). This game looks flippin' awesome and I'm kind of embarrassed by how much I want to be playing it right now. It's supposed to be out this summer, but the official release info only mentions the PS4 and Vita (which is supposed to be coming sometime after the PS4 version). "Windows PC" is all over Polygon in relation to it as well as a few other random sites, so hopefully it won't be another Spelunky year before we can bury this game in our filthy Steam hoard piles. Aw god damn.

MRORANGE

I didn't know marketplace listings could expire.
fQsHVOH.png

What's strange is I have a few items listed before 22 Sept that are still active.

Hmmm...

Maybe it's a initiative to have more competitive pricing? items that haven't sold after a duration of time can be de-listed so the user knows if a item isn't selling.

Did everything just taste purple for a second? Why did we get an OP post here before the end of the thread, Mr.Orange?

Edit it to !!! all you like. I saw it. :p

Strange it seems that Chrome keeps forgetting my cookies, initially I thought it was a problem with Steam because every time I closed the browser I could have to log in back in Steam, now besides it I still need to guarantee access as if it's a new computer or device.

That glitch is the worst. The only way I fixed that was by switching to Firefox until a new update released. I uninstalled Chrome, reinstalled it and even deleted the program files, but nothing but an update worked.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I did not see thread for it. A guy released an unofficial xbox one controller driver for pc. aparently he is an indie developer/youtuber. It's not perfect but it works.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/13/install-an-xbox-one-controller-on-pc-with-this-driver/

Thanks for the info. I do not see why Microsoft and Sony do not make official drivers on PC. Surely they would get more sales if people know they will be plug and play.

MRORANGE

I won't lie, there's no point in having the X1 controller on pc unless developers put the same rumble function on pc games as well.

Minus that it's pretty much the the 360 pad with wider triggers and a more grained plastic cover front.

EDIT: Since i'm at the top: PC Gaming Threads | A list of PC threads on NeoGAF

Give a shout if I missed something.

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

LIST OF THREADS

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 1
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
Official Headphone Thread

Mods and Enhancements
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator

Steam
STEAM Announcements & Updates
Steam Trading |OT|
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Steam Trading Cards
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
GAF Steam ID list, post em!
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG News and Updates 2014
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Indie Games 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
PC Racing Sims
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014

Miguel81

So, I got on the g2a deal for a Uplay Splinter Cell Blacklist(6.88). This client should be banned from existence. I've got 2 demos of Rayman Legends listed on it(one from Steam and the other from Uplay). It wouldn't let me play the Steam version, so I had to download their own. Now, I realized I can't remove them from the page. WTF!

Anyway, Nuuvem has a Castlevania Mirror of Fate pre-order for 27,99(12 bucks) if anyone is interested.

So Galak-Z! (link to the recent Giantbomb quick look EX that I just finished watching). This game looks flippin' awesome and I'm kind of embarrassed by how much I want to be playing it right now. It's supposed to be out this summer, but the official release info only mentions the PS4 and Vita (which is supposed to be coming sometime after the PS4 version). "Windows PC" is all over Polygon in relation to it as well as a few other random sites, so hopefully it won't be another Spelunky year before we can bury this game in our filthy Steam hoard piles. Aw god damn.

17bits are really great. Love Skulls of the shogun so much, and I'm sure GalakZ will be a blast. Don't own any Sony console, so I join my preyers with yours for a fast steam release.

MRORANGE

Hey Orange, I dont the the Kickstarter thread. I know games can be Kickstarted for console, but usually they are PC.

Added to the list.

PM'd you - I can trade for the first.

If anyone wants a Steam key for Deadly Premonition, just PM me.

Edit: Also, Steam keys for Papa & Yo and To the Moon.

Stop trading here and keep it to here please: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465398

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Free to Play was kind of interesting but I still never want to play Dota ever.

I just watched it as well. I've had a passing interest in Dota2, but the amount of time to get good at it has always put me off. I guess I'll stick to my single-player Starcraft II campaigns.

Enhanced Steam now shows the current lowest price for a game while taking into account GreenManGaming coupons? Amazing!

Yep - I've been working with IsThereAnyDeal to get this and other features in place for the pricing data, glad you like it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Running through the Riddler content in Arkham City is seriously therapeutic. I think it's pretty amusing that 4 or so of the same challenges are creating hiccups for me again and while I remember being frustrated with them back at release I don't remember the solutions.

I feel like I'll be ready to attack Origin's Riddler stuff next.

Grief.exe

Worth trying the DayZ mod version? How does it compare to the standalone?

There is a serious amount of content available for the DayZ mod, but much of it is quite janky. The Standalone is still a long way off from being complete, but if you want to look at the ground work for where the Standalone will be in a few months then check out Epoch.

I believe most of the DayZ modding community has shifted over to ARMA III.

_hekk05

Banned
Well, if he's anything like me, there's absolutely no appeal. Multiplayer only, team vs. team only, and the rather off-putting fan base are all qualities I actively avoid in games.

You could always solo-queue like me (highly not recommended). That said, some players are toxic, not the entire fanbase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm just four keys short of being able to pre-order the Age of Wonders 3 DDE with card money. I've still got a week and currently have 43c in my wallet so I think I'll be able to get there.

HoosTrax

Ok, just wanted to say -- I hate games that teach you how to play using loading screen tips. Read about five words in, then blam, "hey I wasn't done reading that yet!". Games that are made by console devs seem to be particularly plagued by this phenomenon.

Latest culprit -- Joe Danger: The Movie. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing (there wasn't a tutorial). I did notice that Stump has some obscenely high scores on the leaderboard, so I should probably bother him about how to play sometime. I guess it's like Tony Hawk, as far as chaining tricks togther, and building multiplier? I just don't know what a "trick" is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ok, just wanted to say -- I hate games that teach you how to play using loading screen tips. Read about five words in, then blam, "hey I wasn't done reading that yet!". Games that are made by console devs seem to be particularly plagued by this phenomenon.

Latest culprit -- Joe Danger: The Movie. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing (there wasn't a tutorial). I did notice that Stump has some obscenely high scores on the leaderboard, so I should probably bother him about how to play sometime. I guess it's like Tony Hawk, as far as chaining tricks togther, and building multiplier? I just don't know what a "trick" is.
This drives me up the wall with Dark Souls, all those lines of lore with items I don't have and I can't read jack because it loads too fast. I could read it all up online but it's not the same thing.

Just decided to try One Finger Death Punch on a whim. One, holy shit! Two, gotta map this off my mouse somehow.

Just unplug your controller and it will default to the mouse. They told me on Twitter that they didn't expect the 360 pad to be quite so popular so they are looking into patching it so you can choose your input method in the future. Still no word on whether or not they'll try and make the campaign map not suck.

Eternia

Just decided to try One Finger Death Punch on a whim. One, holy shit! Two, gotta map this off my mouse somehow.
For normal gameplay, you can use the left/right arrow keys instead. A lot of the other actions don't seem to be mapped for some reason (unless I missed it).

Milamber

This has been a hilarious FWP for a lot of PC gamers.

97efc58f8d5cff051d4e06f0e6722cc93e8b65b244eda3731e6557a27aaf64ca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom