• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played and beat Dark Souls 2 (PS3) over the last week and while I was someone who complained about the downgrades a lot, in the end they didn't matter to me at all. It looks like a DeS/DkS game on console looks. It's okay.

If the PC version looks and runs at least as good as DS1 (with fix obv) I'll be super happy to be honest. Higher resolution, textures and framerate is all this game needs. More eyecandy would be nice, but I really don't mind anymore. Can't wait to put it on my SSD and get rid of 20-30 second load times and other loading related issues, they kind of ruined the game a bit.

There are some things that are better than in DS1 (movement, online connectivity), some things are worse (covenants, equipment upgrading) and it even feels a bit like Demons Souls at times IMO (which is good). Anyway, game is gud, buy it and praise the sun.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Go Go Nippon! -- MB-EEA3C94126399A5E - Taken by Parsnip

meh, bought it for vanguard princess, got a spare >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-7FB6C11E2BCA748E - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.

t1395667593z1.png
Good luck!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Major Mayhem -- MB-CD0560C67A2A6B09 - Taken by zeroOman
Party of Sin -- MB-CE41C1753493B767 - Taken by Shalashaska
Vanguard Princess -- MB-6BA0DBFFC4B7FBB3 - Taken by Saty - Taken by Zeeman

Jawmuncher

Akira is the best route in Go Go Nippon.

Also I like to pretend Milamber is the guy in this picture.
GoGoNippon.jpg

(I couldn't be bothered to get a bigger picture google sucks out here)

r3n4ud

Really is amazing how fast some games are bundlized. So many day 1 purchase regrets on smaller titles. Damn impulse shopping!

Knurek

Really is amazing how fast some games are bundlized. So many day 1 purchase regrets on smaller titles. Damn impulse shopping!

It's really weird - Go! Go! Nippon had a very successful launch on Steam according to the publisher... Not sure why would they bundle the game so soon - would make more sense to wait for the first 75%off (weekly/sale) discount...

Jawmuncher

It's really weird - Go! Go! Nippon had a very successful launch on Steam according to the publisher... Not sure why would they bundle the game so soon - would make more sense to wait for the first 75%off (weekly/sale) discount...

Maybe a push to get VNs in more hands for whatever they decide to release next?
Though yeah 75% off seems like it would have made more sense.

Arthea

It is weird, I thought Vanguard Princess sold good too.
I remember that Deadly Premonition appeared in bundle too soon too.

HoosTrax

Are those games visual novels? I'm not going to see any Milamber-ish content am I? (They're pretty clean I assume, other than massive amount of moe?)

Knurek

Are those games visual novels? I'm not going to see any Milamber-ish content am I? (They're pretty clean I assume, other than massive amount of moe?)

Go! Go! Nippon is, others aren't (well, the Desura game might be).
Some light romance AFAIK, though nothing above PG-13 rating I'd say.

Maybe the developers negotiated it before the game being released on Steam?

Go Go Nippom has two fan service scenes where you stumble upon the girls coming out of the bath, but I think both scenes are optional.

Copons

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-978FF3B1335FAAA3 - Taken by alr1ght

Spare key everybody!

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-2C81F21760372181 - Taken by Sub Zero. 4 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-F8860A62C61413E5 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-B201D8EC05AFEAB7 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-844652A34046F2D1 - Taken by louiedog. 3 entrants total.
Restaurant Empire II -- MB-EB152311996DB514 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1395669619z1.png

Zeeman

I grabbed Vanguard Princess from the anonymous giveaway, but I realize now that I mixed it up with Valdis Story. I don't see myself ever playing this one (although it's hard to give up all that card money), so I pass it along to some lucky GAFfer. My apologies for the mistake:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zeeman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-6BA0DBFFC4B7FBB3

kurahador

Spare waifus.
ModBot said:
Instructions for kurahador:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Go Go Nippon! -- MB-176CEB0FECCE6A10 - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-FDCAD9672E60F682 - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 3 entrants total.

t1395670069z1.png

Pachimari

I grabbed Vanguard Princess from the anonymous giveaway, but I realize now that I mixed it up with Valdis Story. I don't see myself ever playing this one (although it's hard to give up all that card money), so I pass it along to some lucky GAFfer. My apologies for the mistake:

EDIT: Oh I misunderstood.

Annubis

ModBot said:
Instructions for Annubis:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

ulgzbKC.png
BlindSide (desura) -- MB-93AEFDB253636465 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 3 entrants total.

t1395680285z1.png

Enjoy, you Desura users.

nampad

Is there any easy way to check if a key is still viable or do I need to make a second account for that (I already own the game)?

JaseC

Is there any easy way to check if a key is still viable or do I need to make a second account for that (I already own the game)?

Steam, annoyingly, gives preference to the "Product already owned" error over the "Duplicate product code" error. If you think you've used a key then you can do this, though:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unlike the product code activation form, however, this form doesn't validate the key (even typing in gibberish results in the "An e-mail has been sent ..." screen), so you'll need to check your inbox each and every time [you] input a code; if you don't get an e-mail, then it hasn't been activated.

Registering a second account won't help since as soon as you input a key and hit "Next" it'll be tied to said account (assuming it hasn't already been used).

Registering a second account won't help since as soon as you input a key and hit "Next" it'll be tied to said account (assuming it hasn't already been used).
When will it actually register it to your account? Right after submitting the code or after the screen that shows which game you are about to redeem?

Turfster

Wow, Party of Sin is really... bad.
I didn't even get through the first level before running into a game stopping bug.
Also, fuck every dev that hardcodes wasd and doesn't take azerty into account.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Thanks for Nightmares From The Deep.

Will do my own giveaway soon. Probably gonna be Blur since I found it for dirt cheap in a local store and I'm pretty sure a lot of steam collectors from here are interested in it

Arthea

Will do my own giveaway soon. Probably gonna be Blur since I found it for dirt cheap in a local store and I'm pretty sure a lot of steam collectors from here are interested in it

if you like adventure games, you might like Nightmares, I did.
Just thought I'll mention

JaseC

Blur keys don't register on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom