• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kurahador!

The former. When registering an unused key, once you've input it and hit "Next", it's gone.
Yeah I just tested it with the Vanguard Princess key I won.
3AQmK.gif

Does it matter when it adds to your account?
I was wondering if you could find out what game is tied to the key when you've got an unknown key laying around. Alas, that's not the case.

Garcia

Yet another example of me being pulled by SteamGAF's wave of good taste. Bundle bought! (even thought I have no idea what any of those games are all about xD ).

nampad

Sadly there is no way to know to see if the key is used

Steam, annoyingly, gives preference to the "Product already owned" error over the "Duplicate product code" error. If you think you've used a key then you can do this, though:

Registering a second account won't help since as soon as you input a key and hit "Next" it'll be tied to said account (assuming it hasn't already been used).

Thank you both. It is getting a little complicated with all these indie bundles and at a later date added Steam keys.

The former. When registering an unused key, once you've input it and hit "Next", it's gone.

Wow, always thought it was the latter, what a shitty move by Valve. Luckily, never wanted just to test a key.

I think Vanguard Princess is the only fighting game I own on Steam. I think I came close to getting Skullgirls once because of the indepth tutorial.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up Batman: Arkham City, my first replay of the game since release. The game is still a phenomenal ride and the visuals hold up wonderfully. Back around release I never quite finished the Batman or Catwoman Riddler collections so I did a 100% run this time. When I get a 4K TV I'll do the New Game Plus run.

200260_2014-03-24_000bmbc8.png

Also why the hell don't we have an X-Men game on par with this. The Raven-developed Wolverine game, while solid, doesn't even come close to the magnificence that is the Batamn Holy Arkham Trinity (hopefully Quadrinity with Knight). X-Men is the only Marvel property that would be worth trying to accomplish this with.

Arthea

It is pretty nice but the AI is cheap as hell.
Though I might just suck at fighting games. Were you able to get the fullscreen to work?

After playing some of skullgirls, I'm now finally convinced that I'm really bad at them and it's not worth even trying (><)

Just wrapped up Batman: Arkham City, my first replay of the game since release. The game is still a phenomenal ride and the visuals hold up wonderfully. Back around release I never quite finished the Batman or Catwoman Riddler collections so I did a 100% run this time. When I get a 4K TV I'll do the New Game Plus run.

why would you do new run, if you already 100%-ed it? Just curious
also congratulations!

Cth

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Go Go Nippon! -- MB-CBBEFDBB60823373 - Taken by RS4-
Shattered Haven -- MB-D0F8E006D729FD24 - Taken by Sarcasm

Damn dude, congrats.

Eternia

I think Vanguard Princess is the only fighting game I own on Steam. I think I came close to getting Skullgirls once because of the indepth tutorial.
Bought that bundle now so it's probably the only one I have too. If I actually had a suitable controller to play on I might actually look into a few more of them just for single player modes.

Also, I'll just leave this here and "thank" JaseC for it.

y8FeGLm.png

Wait...what did I just do?!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Also why the hell don't we have an X-Men game on par with this. The Raven-developed Wolverine game, while solid, doesn't even come close to the magnificence that is the Batamn Holy Arkham Trinity (hopefully Quadrinity with Knight). X-Men is the only Marvel property that would be worth trying to accomplish this with.
Congrats! I also did a main campaign 100% and it was very rewarding. The collectathon in City is actually well developed and for the most part the Riddler trophies are behind interesting obstacles.

Make sure to check the extra challenge rooms if you enjoy the battle system, they require approaches from the player that can be highly distinct from main campaign. The combat rooms can get brutal but when you get in the flow it's pretty great and feels almost like a rhythm game, and the other characters play considerably different.

I still need to finish those and do the NG+ too. I almost lost my GFWL save the other day which got me pretty bummed, but thankfully I managed to recover and convert it.

JaseC made me buy 3 copies of Walking Dead, 3 copies of Pat&Mat and 4 copies of Family Guy :p

With licensed game hoarding apparently becoming mainstream, does anyone else think prices of these games will never really take off? I mean the copies of PatMat that JaseC alone bought should supply the market for quite a while, and he won't be the only one.

Grief.exe

I wouldn't believe Sega would pony up for a port job. They have already included ports of arcade OutRun with a "Not Ferarri" Ferarri elsewhere, so they already have the altered graphics available.

I was just wondering if Sega renewed the Ferrari licence and would reactivate the game on Steam as well as 3DS.

I wasn't thinking they would port the 3DS version, or any other version, over.

But why pay &#8364;15 more for the regular edition?

I wasn't saying to buy it right now, goes on sale constantly on GMG.

Arthea

With licensed game hoarding apparently becoming mainstream, does anyone else think prices of these games will never really take off? I mean the copies of PatMat that JaseC alone bought should supply the market for quite a while, and he won't be the only one.

I'm not really sure it ever will be so wide spread, I hate all trading, if I can avoid it, I do that. I don't like this aspect in MMOs, and you can't avoid that there. I think many people don't care about making money from their hobby, some do, but not many.
Then again I can be very wrong about it. (><)

Cth

First time buying a bundle just to flip it for card money.

Jeez, what's next, buying 3 copies of Walking Dead, 3 copies of Pat&Mat an...

... oh.

I'm not really sure it ever will be so wide spread, I hate all trading, if I can avoid it, I do that. I don't like this aspect in MMOs, and you can't avoid that there. I think many people don't care about making money from their hobby, some do, but not many.
Then again I can be very wrong about it. (><)

It's not very widespread, but there is a considerable amount of traders out there with INSANE numbers of games in their inventories. Like thousands of dollars worth. But the demand for removed/rare games is also quite limited. Some months ago only very few people in this thread even used key market and now we see quite a few people hoarding licensed games hoping to make big bucks. I somehow don't see that working out so well.

MUnited83

For you.

With PatMat, maybe, as I don't think there will be overwhelming demand for that :p (still will easily sell it for triple the price I bought them for)

Walking Dead and Family guy, despite being bad games, are part of some famous franchises, and I think there will be enough demand to be selling them for at least 10 keys like one month after removal of the games.

Played the Binary Domain demo, really good. Does shooting robots for 10 hours get boring or is there enough variety that it remains fun throughout?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Moon Knight, man.

Also, I think making a compelling game that doesn't just collapse into a basic brawler/beat-em-up with more fantastic abilities is pretty hard. It's what I say to everyone who wants certain licensed properties turned into videogames: what is it that you actually like about the property and can you recreate that sensation in a game?

The Arkham games work because, at their best moments, they really makes you feel like Batman at every level. You have the ability to outfight and outsmart your opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom