• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if Sega renewed the Ferrari licence and would reactivate the game on Steam as well as 3DS.

I wasn't thinking they would port the 3DS version, or any other version, over.
What I meant is that I doubt they would pay for the Ferarri license for the 3DS port, especially since they already have replacement cars to use.

With PatMat, maybe, as I don't think there will be overwhelming demand for that :p (still will easily sell it for triple the price I bought them for)

Walking Dead and Family guy, despite being bad games, are part of some famous franchises, and I think there will be enough demand to be selling them for at least 10 keys like one month after removal of the games.

I admit I don't really have a alot of experience in the rare game trading/flipping game so I'm very interested to see what will happen. With a lot of expensive removed games the removal was often quite unpredictable. Now people kind of know how it works and stock up on licensed games.

Is go go nippon on a bundle or something?

Latest indiegala

I'm not really sure it ever will be so wide spread, I hate all trading, if I can avoid it, I do that. I don't like this aspect in MMOs, and you can't avoid that there. I think many people don't care about making money from their hobby, some do, but not many.
Then again I can be very wrong about it. (><)

If the Dota2 and TF2 hat economies are anything to go by, people looooove trading.

Like a surprisingly large fraction of the player base.

Amzin

Moon Knight, man.

Also, I think making a compelling game that doesn't just collapse into a basic brawler/beat-em-up with more fantastic abilities is pretty hard. It's what I say to everyone who wants certain licensed properties turned into videogames: what is it that you actually like about the property and can you recreate that sensation in a game?

The Arkham games work because, at their best moments, they really makes you feel like Batman at every level. You have the ability to outfight and outsmart your opponents.

The X-Men ARPG games on the PS2 were pretty damn good as far as X-Men games go. Basically, Marvel Heroes is the new X-Men game really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With licensed game hoarding apparently becoming mainstream, does anyone else think prices of these games will never really take off? I mean the copies of PatMat that JaseC alone bought should supply the market for quite a while, and he won't be the only one.

Supply will dwindle eventually and I'm in it for the long haul. I still have a full set of Summer Sale foils in my inventory. ;)

Grief.exe

What I meant is that I doubt they would pay for the Ferarri license for the 3DS port, especially since they already have replacement cars to use.

Ok, that would be a great idea on Sega's part. Push the game back out with a cheap replacement car.

Hopefully they are looking to do that for the Steam version as well.

Eternia

JaseC made me buy 3 copies of Walking Dead, 3 copies of Pat&Mat and 4 copies of Family Guy :p
He got to you too!

With licensed game hoarding apparently becoming mainstream, does anyone else think prices of these games will never really take off? I mean the copies of PatMat that JaseC alone bought should supply the market for quite a while, and he won't be the only one.
It's still capital that people have to front for an indeterminable amount of time so I'm unsure how mainstream it'll get. Perhaps those games will top out on returns quicker or requires more time to reach the desired price nowadays but hopefully my expectations aren't too high.

Backlogger

I thought the whole game was fun, only took me about 8 hours...so it never overstays its welcome.

I'm looking forward to starting it after I finish Hard Reset. Currently working on 3 games right now:

Hard Reset
Dragon Age Origins (AKA Blood Splatter Origins)
Mark of the Ninja

Really enjoying all 3. Something about having a good mix of genres to play through at the same time.

Vecks

Raffle time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-F75FF111FE1BF577 - Taken by jmizzal. 9 entrants total.

t1395686943z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Moon Knight, man.

Also, I think making a compelling game that doesn't just collapse into a basic brawler/beat-em-up with more fantastic abilities is pretty hard. It's what I say to everyone who wants certain licensed properties turned into videogames: what is it that you actually like about the property and can you recreate that sensation in a game?

The Arkham games work because, at their best moments, they really makes you feel like Batman at every level. You have the ability to outfight and outsmart your opponents.

I think that is what makes the Wolverine game so blase compared to Batman. They turned him into a brawler with literally nothing else going on in the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The X-Men ARPG games on the PS2 were pretty damn good as far as X-Men games go. Basically, Marvel Heroes is the new X-Men game really.

RPGs are an easy way around it, as there are expectations in the genre. We accept that Wolverine or Hulk just doesn't go apeshit and kill everything on the screen because that's not how RPGs work.

Now, try to build an action game where a character can't do all the things they should be able to and it feels limited. If you're able to clear that hurdle, you then have to a compelling character with an interesting power-set. The Hulk games from the Gamecube era were a pretty good example of how to capture the feel of the Hulk, for example, but they aren't world-class experiences like the Arkham games, either.

I think that is what makes the Wolverine game so blase compared to Batman. They turned him into a brawler with literally nothing else going on in the game.

I'm probably not the best person to try to figure out how to make a Wolverine game "work," as I don't love the character. You could crib some of the Batman games' mechanics, like tracking a target, or something, but in terms of trying to replicate what makes Batman's games great, Wolverine, as a character, is just an excellent brawler.

Supply will dwindle eventually and I'm in it for the long haul. I still have a full set of Summer Sale foils in my inventory. ;)

It's still capital that people have to front for an indeterminable amount of time so I'm unsure how mainstream it'll get. Perhaps those games will top out on returns quicker or requires more time to reach the desired price nowadays with increased stock but hopefully my expectations aren't too high.

Yeah I guess the returns will just be lower and take longer to materialize. I think there's quite a bit of keys to be made if you invest in the right games, but it seems like it'll get more difficult. And by mainstream I mean that people are discussing it in this thread even. Maybe that's not really mainstream but you get what I mean.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition amplifies the 2.5-D game with new maps, enemy encounters, difficulty levels, batsuits, and enhanced visuals. A companion game to Batman: Arkham Origins, players can continue the storyline of the console version and discover more details of the Dark Knight&#8217;s past.

15% off ($16.99) for eight days. Releases April 1st/2nd.

Garcia

Copons

Trade with Ukraine and Brazil ofcourse.

And what when Ukraine and Brazil will be annexed to Russia?

Also, omg all this Crimea situation horribly resembles my standard Civ course of action. Starting from amassing troops on the borders, to culturally exploiting neighboring territories, to asking other countries to wage war against my targets, and ending with everybody hating me because.
I kinda don't like being the Putin of my Civ world, but all in all in the end I always retreat for a more relaxed scientific or cultural victory, so at least there's some hope Russia will restart its space program.

Turfster

Shinyloot is having a "try before you buy" sale (aka "these games have demos" I guess?), including some games with steam keys.
  • Zigfrak 50% off
  • One Finger Death Punch 50% off
  • Hero of the Kingdom 50% off
  • The Cat Lady 60% off
  • Ring Runner 50% off
  • Arcane Worlds 63% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom