• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to starting it after I finish Hard Reset. Currently working on 3 games right now:

Hard Reset
Dragon Age Origins (AKA Blood Splatter Origins)
Mark of the Ninja

Really enjoying all 3. Something about having a good mix of genres to play through at the same time.
Always wanted to replay DA:O, but that would take at least another 50 hours...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

$10.04 (-33%) / £6.69 / 8,03€ / 233.83р. / R$ 18,75

March 27th, 2014

The sub is universal and the app lacks the gifting/trading restriction, but considering Konami's penchant for the latter I'd pick up a copy through trading ASAP just in case it makes a belated appearance.

But without the wildlife what reason would anyone have to fear Australia?

There'd still be drop bears!

vermadas

$10.04 (-33%) / £6.69 / 8,03€ / 233.83р. / R$ 18,75

March 27th, 2014

I played this on the 3DS. The improved hardware will do a lot for this game as it was quite framey. However, I don't think it will change the fact that the game is mediocre at best. And this is coming from someone who loved both Lords of Shadow 1 and the IGAvanias.

My recommendation: avoid or wait until it's cheap unless you're a Castlevania superfan with money and time to spare.

10 dollars was still too much for Deus Ex The Fall.

I scooped it for a dollar on the iPad.

Developers who get rustled up by Steam Sales and their effect on video games would probably fall catatonic at the way iOS sales go. $7... no, $3 ... $.99? ... FREE! ... $7. If not catatonic, it would at the very least ruin their simple life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a can of Vegemite. I think I'm safe.

Now Sydney will fall!

I listened to Saoirse's interview on the Nerdist podcast some weeks ago and during it she mentioned that she finds Vegemite disgusting. I was this close to changing my avatar. :p Vegemite is great; Marmite is the awful one!

Anteater

Are there no ways to use dpad in vanguard princess?

and jesus christ that steam clean thread where everyone is just posting random totalbiscuit tweets

Copons

Meanwhile earlier I decided to re-price and put every card I have on the market and now I'm feeling like this:

20090211_shower_250x375.jpg

With all those hard flat singles representing sci-fi digital cash and a pretty accurate approximation of my earnings.

My 1000 game was Go Go Nippon !

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shattered Haven -- MB-1AB9602EDADC5199 - Taken by _hekk05

Anteater

It would be cool if good 3DS games came to Steam.

I think it would be cool if more portable games are multiplatforms, although I've noticed some people are against this mainly because they want those exclusive portable games to be exclusive, I think that's a bad mindset.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
removed from the shitty gfx / terrible frame rate, was mirror of fate a good metroidvania on 3ds? I remember most of the complaints were for the graphics/engine.

Are there no ways to use dpad in vanguard princess?

and jesus christ that steam clean thread where everyone is just posting random totalbiscuit tweets

VP doesn't let you play with the dpad? What a strange decision.

It's hard to maintain a thread on track when the first post derail it, but the op is also to blame because the "GAF doesn't like TB" part in his post.

Nabs

It looks like Doublefine is publishing Escape Goat 2. You get 20% off if you own either Stacking or the original Escape Goat. The discount doesn't seem to live yet.

Oh. It's out now!

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks ningenjanai

Now contemplating whether to buy vanguard princess or the new language game influent

Also TB ain't as bad as fox news man. He at least speaks facts most of the time

Could somebody please confirm that this method to use a PS3 pad on PC is still relevant and if it will handle rumble ?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It's what I always used but as I had need of it only for Rogue Legacy and specifically for the dpad, I never noticed if the thing handle the rumble function.

Preparing to play Dark Soul
* verify joypad - check
* install dsfix - imminent

It's still the best way to use your DS3 on PC. And vibration should also work. Using it myself and have no problems. Everything working as intended.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I listened to Saoirse's interview on the Nerdist podcast some weeks ago and during it she mentioned that she finds Vegemite disgusting. I was this close to changing my avatar. :p Vegemite is great; Marmite is the awful one!

I've never actually had Vegemite :(. Crocodile and kangaroo is pretty good though.

Heat stroke, dehydration, drowning in a flash flood...

Soo..get Saoirse to convince JaseC to do it on my behalf?

Tesseract

Banned
Could somebody please confirm that this method to use a PS3 pad on PC is still relevant and if it will handle rumble ?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It's what I always used but as I had need of it only for Rogue Legacy and specifically for the dpad, I never noticed if the thing handle the rumble function.

Preparing to play Dark Soul
* verify joypad - check
* install dsfix - imminent

it should be, although i still prefer motioninjoy to betterds3

ymmv of course

Ok, just wanted to say -- I hate games that teach you how to play using loading screen tips. Read about five words in, then blam, "hey I wasn't done reading that yet!". Games that are made by console devs seem to be particularly plagued by this phenomenon.

Yep. Every time this happens it baffles me why they do not have a section in the game for "unlocked" tips like this. Put it in the options or settings somewhere or even in the game if you're feeling particularly funky but then there are many things about game design that baffle me. Sometimes I think devs just do things a certain way because that's just how it's always done rather than thinking about what makes most sense for their game. *shrugs*

It would be cool if good 3DS games came to Steam.

I would love Nintendo to come to Steam :D. I would have scoffed at such a suggestion before I got a gaming capable pc but now that I am 99.9% a pc gamer I see things rather differently.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It looks like Doublefine is publishing Escape Goat 2. You get 20% off if you own either Stacking or the original Escape Goat. The discount doesn't seem to live yet.

Oh. It's out now!

An independent dev on GAF also recently mentioned, with no particular context, getting contacted by Double Fine about his game. I wonder if they're working on helping out external devs behind the scenes?

fantomena

5 months ago I sendt the devs behind Assetto Corsa an e-mail where I asked them about a Steam code for Assetto Corsa for preview purposes.

I got a reply today with a Steam key.

tumblr_m5n3muDJAb1qfi7g6_large.gif

Li Kao

It's still the best way to use your DS3 on PC. And vibration should also work. Using it myself and have no problems. Everything working as intended.

Cooool, thank you for the info.
Now to try configuring dsfix... the file is simple looking but I'm no good with choices :-S

Turfster

Daily Galactic Civilizations II 75% off
Weeklong
  • Play Claw 30% off
  • Elven Legacy Magic / Siege / Ranger
  • 9th Company 75% off
  • RIP Trilogy 93% off
  • Gothic Trilogy + Arcania 75% off
  • Fading hearts 25% off
  • Bad Bots 85% off
  • Tank Universal 93% off
  • BC Kings 75% off
  • Sacred Gold 75% off
  • Kingpin 50% off
  • SpeedRunner 30% off 4-PACK ONLY
  • Trapped Dead 78% off
  • Dark Matter 60% off
  • Fast & Furious Showdown 75% off
  • Tommy Tronic 50% off
  • Castle of Illusion 66% off
  • Earth 2160 75% off
  • Death and the Fly 50% off
  • The Chaos Engine 66% off
  • Vegas: Make It Big 75% off
  • 99 Spirits 25% off SPECIAL EDITION ONLY
  • X Blades 75% off
  • Prime World Defenders 25% off
  • Commander Conquest of the Americas 75% off
  • Impire 50% off
  • 7 Days To Die 20% off
  • Songs 2 See 50% off
  • Speedball 2HD 50% off
  • Nights into Dreams 75% off
  • Space Trader 93% off
  • Tiny Troopers 75% off
  • Humans Must Answer 60% off
  • Wooden Sen'sey 75% off
  • Dominions 4 50% off
  • Frozen Hearth 56% off
  • Alien Breed Trilogy 67% off
  • Volgarr 50% off
  • Pool Nation 70% off
  • Zombie Pirates 75% off
  • Penguins Arena 93% off
  • nail'd 80% off
  • Logo Maker 4 25% off
  • Survivor Squad 72% off
  • Larva Mortus 93% off

_hekk05

Banned

Is vegimite the green stuff that's very salty? If so, I tried that once and couldn't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom