• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Betrayer update is live.

The game is officially out of Early Access.

Been waiting for that one for a long time!

I do agree we need more though. :)

Fair point.

I personally didn't like Revelations as much as some others though.

I think it would be cool if more portable games are multiplatforms, although I've noticed some people are against this mainly because they want those exclusive portable games to be exclusive, I think that's a bad mindset.

Selfishly justify their investment.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
all loaded for me. must have been a glitch.

ibmnvA0K5qD1p8.png

fantomena

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

StarForge -- MB-A91C30FC6050D4BF

t1395691714z1.png

Have fun.

Dezzy

It looks like Doublefine is publishing Escape Goat 2. You get 20% off if you own either Stacking or the original Escape Goat. The discount doesn't seem to live yet.

Oh. It's out now!

Oh yes, talk about an awesome surprise! Getting this now. I hope people check this game out. The first one was great, and this one looks like a huge upgrade over it.

Cth

pool nation looks cool, any opinions?

Fun game, especially at that price.

Unlockable table skins, ball sets, etc. Physics driven (ability to do jumps, spins, etc)

Decent AI, ability to do MP (I think), Leaderboards, etc.

Looks gorgeous, basically a great deal for $2.99.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Prime World Defenders is on sale, even though at a disappointing 50% off.

I've been playing quite a bit of this game lately, and it's quickly become one of my favorite tower defense games on Steam. It's also probably my "most played game purchased from a bundle".

It may or may not be in another bundle some time soon, but I think the $5 price tag is fair.

fantomena

Will wait for impressions for Mirror of Fate HD. The 3DS versions framerate was horrible.

Also, Blackgate is boring. Own it for my Vita.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also TB ain't as bad as fox news man. He at least speaks facts most of the time

The context was in regards to how either is defended as not ultimately "mattering." Either one has a fanbase with a large number of people who just blindly accept what they're saying.

I concede that I wish what we could change is the fanbase, but that's unrealistic. And, if we hold Fox News to the standard that they should be judge by how they can affect their viewers, we shouldn't give Total Biscuit a free pass, either.

Also TB ain't as bad as fox news man. He at least speaks facts most of the time

No, it's a pretty apt description. Total Biscuit complains about not being able to deal with criticism and toxicity from his fanbase and the internet at large (twitter, his own subreddit) but then you see how he responds to reasonably worded requests in the comment sections of his videos, how he wields his userbase like a cudgel to tell one of his subscribers how insignificant they are or some of the absolutely ridiculous stuff he posted on twitter and you have to just kind of wonder.

It looks like Doublefine is publishing Escape Goat 2. You get 20% off if you own either Stacking or the original Escape Goat. The discount doesn't seem to live yet.

Oh. It's out now!

It looks so wonderful. That guy behind it is so talented. This is a 1-man team!

Jawmuncher

You know I absolutely hope that in terms of gameplay Capcom drops REvelations like a bad habit. Gameplay wise everything was backwards there.

well after getting punished by Qualegg, I think it's time for a break from Blighttown to upgrade some equipment.

Really need to get some better armor, I think I just have some chain mail + whatever I found in Blighttown.

Going to give Darkroot a try and see if I can fair a little better in there now that I traded out my handaxe for a Gargoyle Tail Axe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really pissed that the Steam API includes the release date that a game is brought to Steam. The "actual" release date of an item isn't accessible via the API but is displayed on the individual store page.

Why, Valve?

Deques

Prime World Defenders is on sale, even though at a disappointing 50% off.

I've been playing quite a bit of this game lately, and it's quickly become one of my favorite tower defense games on Steam. It's also probably my "most played game purchased from a bundle".

It may or may not be in another bundle some time soon, but I think the $5 price tag is fair.

It's fun game, I have been playing it lately. But the broken achievement unlocking is making me not want to play the game... not that I play for achievements...

Grief.exe

You spend the first twenty hours of Banished just learning from your mistakes and how the individual systems work.
The game is fairly easy to pick up and get your first town off the ground and running, but, inevitably, you run into bottle necks down the line where your town will just crash and burn if you haven't taken the appropriate preparations.
  • Don't build houses fast enough? Your population becomes too old and can't reproduce.
  • Don't build enough foresters lodges to regrow the forests you cut down? Can't produce enough firewood down the line to keep everyone warm.
  • Don't trade for different crop seeds? Eventually your crops will wither and die from disease and over farming.

In my latest town, I have incorporated everything I have learned so far and made a particularly optimized city. I haven't earned a single achievement in the game yet as they are all merit based achievements that come down the line.

StAidan

Dude, judging by your avatar you enjoy platformers and pain. I don't see why you don't already have this gem in your Steam library.

2D platformers embody all of my gaming ideals. Unfortunately, Steam has also made me a cheap sale-grubbing weasel. :/

devo1989

Weird region lock question if anyone knows the answer.

I'm currently in the US and want to buy Dark Souls 2 off the US GMG site. However I'm going to be in the UK when its out. Will I have a problem redeeming it on steam?

Daily Galactic Civilizations II 75% off
Weeklong
  • 99 Spirits 25% off SPECIAL EDITION ONLY
Some info on that game by the publisher:

Hello there, seeing that there is some talk about our games here, I wanted to drop by and give an update on what we were doing about them lately. I'll also mention what they are first for those who don't want to go searching about in the cold and just read here, in the warm cozy forum atmosphere. ;)

[url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/258090] 99 Spirits
is an RPG/Puzzle game that revolves around the popular Japanese folklore of Tsukumogami, everyday objects coming alive on their 100th birthday.

For our first Steam release 99 Spirits; we just finished the translation of its first Fan Disc, a side story. We are planning to release it as a DLC soon. We also have its second fandisc in the works. I hope we announced that somewhere and wasn't supposed to be a secret... >_>
[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom