• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Random Steam question: How do I ensure that my game categories sync across multiple machines? For instance, if I am done with a game, I will recategorize it from "Now Playing" to "No Longer Interested" on my desktop, then later (sometimes days later) I log onto my HTPC upstairs, and the same game is still categorized as "Now Playing". It seems like sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't.

Yep Vanguard Princess, because I already bought it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vanguard Princess -- MB-D87F5DFCBC9E8EEC - Taken by VikasNarula. 9 entrants total.

t1395684740z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm working on implementing TotalBiscuit's suggestion about game's release dates on the Steam home page. I am checking the date listed on the homepage (Steam's Release Date) against the "Release Date" section on the app page itself (the game's actual release date) and filtering those where the dates don't match.

The result is interesting, for example the game Betrayer is missing, as the "Release Date" listed on the store page is in like August 2014, but it's out early (I guess?).

Anyway, the new release section with that filter applied looks like this currently:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Random Steam question: How do I ensure that my game categories sync across multiple machines? For instance, if I am done with a game, I will recategorize it from "Now Playing" to "No Longer Interested" on my desktop, then later (sometimes days later) I log onto my HTPC upstairs, and the same game is still categorized as "Now Playing". It seems like sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, the Steam Cloud sync is a bit wonky with regard to categories. Your best bet would be to manually back up userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf whenever you're moving between systems.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wow whoever the fuck thinks its cool to put your early access game on sale whilst on early access still are total cunts. disgusting business practice

Aerocrane

After posting about OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast earlier today, I decided to reinstall my copy of the game and record some gameplay. It has been a couple years since I last played the game and it took me a handful of runs to get that score. There was some small slowdown at times when recording, I don't know if it is noticeable on the video.

Does anyone else here have the game? I'd like to race against some people online via Tunngle.

Dolor

Yeah, the Steam Cloud sync is a bit wonky with regard to categories. Your best bet would be to manually back up userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf whenever you're moving between systems.

Thanks. Is that something I can do in Steam or do I need to copy/paste it to the other system?

BruteUA

I wouldn't even enter a ModBot giveaway for those.
Ok.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Action Indie Pack -- MB-D42A9123CCDE1E4E - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.

t1395685730z1.png

Grief.exe

After posting about OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast earlier today, I decided to reinstall my copy of the game and record some gameplay. It has been a couple years since I last played the game and it took me a handful of runs to get that score. There was some small slowdown at times when recording, I don't know if it is noticeable on the video.

Does anyone else here have the game? I'd like to race against some people online via Tunngle.

So basically, you use your nice cart to impress your lady friend?

Looks like some mindless fun though, your drifting when you passed that lead car during the race request was pretty epic.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm having a problem launching The Swapper. I hit the play button, the program opens, and then I get a error message that it's not working and to close the program. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Grief.exe

I need opinions on Betrayer. Is it any good?

I played through the first area when the game was released on Early Access and it was already very solid.
They have tightened up the mechanics and added several large areas since then, so I would imagine the game is very good at this point.

derExperte

I stand by my word!

wow whoever the fuck thinks its cool to put your early access game on sale whilst on early access still are total cunts. disgusting business practice

It's been happening a lot lately and it made me buy a few of those so I guess it works.

what's up with weekly deals lately? Again there are bunch of games there without any discounts whatsoever.

Which ones? SpeeRunners has only a discount on the 4pack.

Aerocrane

So basically, you use your nice cart to impress your lady friend?

Looks like some mindless fun though, your drifting when you passed that lead car during the race request was pretty epic.

There are a handful of game modes, but you always have your lady friend along for the ride. Heart Attack Mode as seen in the video is basically you trying to complete tasks that your girl gives you which depend on the route you take and also your score. You get a letter rank going from E to AAA. In OutRun mode your objective is to reach one of the goals, you are scored on overtaking other cars and slipstreaming. There's also Time Trial which is self-explanatory. In the Singleplayer mode (that gameplay clip is from Special Tours, a port of the Arcade game included in OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast) there are also races against AI and some special challenges.

The drifting is really fun and easy, simply tap the brakes, turn and floor the accelerator. You can control your drift by adjusting your throttle and turning angle. This also makes the drifting a bit of a pain when playing with the keyboard, so I play the game using a Xbox 360 controller.

Grief.exe

Installing Betrayer right now.

The drifting is really fun and easy, simply tap the brakes, turn and floor the accelerator. You can control your drift by adjusting your throttle and turning angle. This also makes the drifting a bit of a pain when playing with the keyboard, so I play the game using a Xbox 360 controller.

The drifting mechanic reminds me of Sonic Racing Transformed.

fantomena

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Party of Sin -- MB-A6850C6ACFB05515 - Taken by Divius
Shattered Heaven -- MB-8968652797B7AC9F - Taken by Kiru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom