• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

what's up with weekly deals lately? Again there are bunch of games there without any discounts whatsoever.

As I listed in my overview, they're games where only a specific version is discounted, and not the base version. (Don't ask me about the Elven Legacy expansions)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would be funny if she didn't get anything from The Grand Budapest Hotel.

She's turning into a underdog of Hollywood.

I don't think the pall of The Host bombing is one that's yet to fully dissipate but hopefully GBH performing well helps, even though her role is a minor one.

And now you're dragging Amazon's DD service into it?

JaseC on the warpath against lesser distribution platforms.

Next up: GOG.

Those amazon 5 dollar discount things don't stack right?

Correct. They're single-use.

PR gave me a review build of the game to play over the past week. I put out my review this morning when the embargo lifted:

I hope that helps your purchasing decision: http://www.savingcontent.com/2014/03/24/betrayer-review/

I quite liked this review, and the site in general. I'm curious, and you probably get asked this a lot, but what is the inspiration with the recommended buy price? It's almost like a second review score. Will there ever be a situation where youre so into a game that your recommended buy price is above retail?

maty

Oh. It's out now!

I want to play this so bad but my internet connection has been down for the last 3 days at home therefore I can't download the game. FUCK my ISP :'(

I could download it at work but for the fact that we use mac pros and I have a pc at home.

KarmaCow

Am I supposed to get an additional 20% off Escape Goat 2 if I own Escape Goat 1 or does that only go into effect after the launch discount?

Steam thread IV - Hey everybody, it's Tuesday!

There hasn't been any word on why Steam keeps falling over, has there? I can only imagine what it will be like once Steamboxes start popping up everywhere...

MRORANGE

Valve should talk to Sony's network engineers to get tips on how to keep a network up.

fO6iSzt.gif

For when Steam stops shitting the bed, is Galactic Civilizations 2 worth it? Never played civilization games before but I like Sins of a Solar Empire.

I feel like Steam's weekly deals have gotten decided worse since developers themselves could set the duration and amount of sales on their own - in spite of the increased amount of sales, they're all for games I have no interest in at their current sale price. I mean, just look at this week's batch, just load th-- oh, right, Steam is down. Again/still. Nevermind.

How about Steam Thread IV - Groundhog Day?

Always remembered, never forgotten! :)

Tellaerin

I quite liked this review, and the site in general. I'm curious, and you probably get asked this a lot, but what is the inspiration with the recommended buy price? It's almost like a second review score. Will there ever be a situation where youre so into a game that your recommended buy price is above retail?

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a recommended buy price, though? I mean, it sounds like the idea here was to say, "It retails for $14.99, but it's not really worth it at that price. Pick it up when it drops to $11.99 or less." I can't really imagine someone recommending that you spend more than the publisher's asking, even if they really love the game.

For when Steam stops shitting the bed, is Galactic Civilizations 2 worth it? Never played civilization games before but I like Sins of a Solar Empire.

It's good enough that I'm debating whether I ought to use the card money I have on something new or use it to buy GalCiv 2 on Steam, even though I already own the retail CD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom