• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ACTUALLY, SPEAK OF THE DEVIL, I just also got a message by Pinstripe.

pinstripe: hi
AestheticGamer: Pinstripe, if you're going to ask me for Pacman Museum, the answer is no.
pinstripe: wtf
AestheticGamer: You were posted as doing this on the NeoGAF Steam topic. So the answer is no.
AestheticGamer: There's a community of a few thousand Steam users who participate in this topic, myself included, and when somebody tries to be a suck-up or tries to be a scammer, people talk about it and they're usually marked as such.
pinstripe: what a load of bullahit
AestheticGamer: Well, no one in this group is gonna give it to you. No reason to be a suck-ass for it.
AestheticGamer: Blocking you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bionic Dues -- MB-54E1836C3587DA08 - Taken by Dambrosi
Disciples III: Renaissance -- MB-8DE7927C13DB12F9 - Taken by Sub Zero
Hell Yeah!, Rome: Total War, Alpha Protocol, Company of Heroes -- MB-A7DE4530F554055A - Taken by Gez
Party of Sin -- MB-276136D570F5FAA0 - Taken by TuckingFypo
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-07C24977EBDCB17A - Taken by nightstorm
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-13275CED5A048082 - Taken by Saty
Little Racers STREET -- MB-34A09093FAA17A80 - Taken by GaussTek
The Ship -- MB-55D7CEC6B756AFA6 - Taken by Kiru
Gravity Badgers -- MB-885EC5AAAB8B2D52 - Taken by Melted77
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Spice Road -- MB-A56C796CB0116DCD - Taken by Myshkin
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-0D697A737CD344AD - Taken by wazoo
Pressure -- MB-3ACE6170A349EEA7 - Taken by alr1ght
Driftmoon -- MB-47943B52E65784D6 - Taken by Tellaerin
Doorways -- MB-0F035F7DCD2E8C73 - Taken by topyy
Gunman Clive -- MB-5E4702FC050E2599 - Taken by Alien8
Beatbuddy -- MB-539C04D00A0AFE2B - Taken by kulapik
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-A138BD8827CA4214 - Taken by drakaenae
Puddle -- MB-522A1FBC20CC4C4E - Taken by Terra_Ex
Vanguard Princess -- MB-200557A616C21B16 - Taken by Volcynika
Kairo -- MB-42F394887AF60387 - Taken by Tesseract
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-0BA7886636E7A531 - Taken by Kifimbo
Not the Robots -- MB-D655E85E4501330D - Taken by Widdly Scuds

I made it a free for all because some of the keys may not work -- I may have checked them against my account and voided them... but most of these should be good to go.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I'm not saying it isn't smart, of course it's a smart business move, you're getting more money out of the die hard fans and you won't have to pay as much for real testers. Just because it's smart doesn't mean to say I have to like it or anyone else does. Testing isn't that much of a glamorous affair, so it's not like it's a one sided thing where only the user is benefiting. It's useful for both, die hard fans get to play early and help make the game better through testing, and the developers get people who actually care and have good knowledge of the genre to test their game for free. So consequently, I don't see why users should be charged to alpha test. Also you can limit and choose the amount of players in it through other means.
You got it all wrong, pal. You don't pay to alpha test. You pay to buy a game, which at the moment of purchase isn't released yet (also known as preordering). The thing you so strongly dislike is the fact that the game isn't finished either, and instead of having to wait for who knows how long the devs allow you to play a work-in-progress version, which they may be updating from time to time so you get to see the progress yourself. And once the game is finally released you will get the finished version.

Yeah, I can see how that is scummy. Letting you play the game while you wait for release? Bullshit!

Not even going to talk about devs being able to save money by hiring less real testers. That's something you invented for your argument's sake, with absolutely zero proof.

Tesseract

Banned
Fun game, especially at that price.

Unlockable table skins, ball sets, etc. Physics driven (ability to do jumps, spins, etc)

Decent AI, ability to do MP (I think), Leaderboards, etc.

Looks gorgeous, basically a great deal for $2.99.

thanks, and sold!

Nabs

Damn. Trials Fusion Deluxe is actually $39.99. The $19.99 from earlier was a mistake. I guess this includes the season pass. Oh well, Uplay.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Humble bundle link, should work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-EF2799744AA853AC - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1395694459z1.png

Tellaerin

But you're buying games through it, many of which utilize its network capabilities for multiplayer and more.

Oh, I'm not saying I'm okay with Steam being down so frequently, just that I'd be more annoyed if it was a service I was being charged a monthly fee for. If I'm paying a subscription fee for a service that keeps going down, I find myself asking, "What the hell am I paying for here? Why aren't you using the money you're getting from sub fees to improve your infrastructure and fix whatever needs fixing?"

tl;dr - I expect more and have less tolerance for downtime when I'm paying a subscription fee.

Watch out, SteamGAF! I've just learned that Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box doesn't contain all of the DLC, which means you cannot use the DeLorean.

Do not buy this game.

this rising last boss fight on hard is the stupidest difficulty spike I've seen in quite a while

So you're saying he's hard to defeat? :)

derExperte

Damn. Trials Fusion Deluxe is actually $39.99. The $19.99 from earlier was a mistake. I guess this includes the season pass. Oh well, Uplay.

Explains the high Russian price. I wonder if that's a good idea, people won't expect an almost full price game after the cheaper predecessors.

Turfster

Watch out, SteamGAF! I've just learned that Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box doesn't contain all of the DLC, which means you cannot use the DeLorean.

Do not buy this game.

The PC version didn't get the majority of the DLC the consoles did, because EA.
'Ultimate' indeed.

Tellaerin

Do not buy this game.

The game's still awesome even without the DLC cars (and honestly, there's enough to unlock in what is included that I didn't miss 'em.) But hey, I guess if you're all about the DeLoreans, this could be a make or break issue. >.>

Anyone else get this?

LOL

Stu, I bow before thee! :D

I have never had this and think I have my profile set so random people can't see my inventory IIRC so probably never will. I'd like to think that I'd be like Stu and have a lot of fun with it but I'd probably wuss out and just be like "sorry man".

I did message Maneil99 in Steam Chat ages ago when he was complaining about this happening to him. I thought he would recognise my username from here but he didn't :/. He was not a happy bunny! I'm not sure why he would be upset by me saying "all ur gaems u give them me yes please thank you" but there you are.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Added filtering of links sent via chat" in the latest Beta.

Interesting...

When I found out the team behind the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Misery mod were making a game I was ecstatic. I thought, "STALKER-LIKE GAME! WOOOO!" Turns out it is a 2d interactive novel. All dreams crushed.

Zafir

You got it all wrong, pal. You don't pay to alpha test. You pay to buy a game, which at the moment of purchase isn't released yet (also known as preordering). The thing you so strongly dislike is the fact that the game isn't finished either, and instead of having to wait for who knows how long the devs allow you to play a work-in-progress version, which they may be updating from time to time so you get to see the progress yourself. And once the game is finally released you will get the finished version.

Yeah, I can see how that is scummy. Letting you play the game while you wait for release? Bullshit!

Not even going to talk about devs being able to save money by hiring less real testers. That's something you invented for your argument's sake, with absolutely zero proof.
Did you even read where my post originated from? I'm not talking about buying the game. I'm fine with early access. I'm on about them charging more for alpha access ONTOP of the base price, which means you are paying to alpha test. I feel like you're arguing a straw-man argument here.

Grief.exe

this rising last boss fight on hard is the stupidest difficulty spike I've seen in quite a while

I had some serious problems because I never properly learned how to accurately aim my cuts throughout the entire game.

I didn't know that you could just ninja run under the debris he throws at you, so by the time I learned how to aim my cuts properly I was essentially no-damaging the fight.

Made getting the achievement quite easy.

ETPMsFv.png

Did you even read where my post originated from? I'm not talking about buying the game. I'm fine with early access. I'm on about them charging more for alpha access ONTOP of the base price, which means you are paying to alpha test. I feel like you're arguing a straw-man argument here.

And as I pointed out a couple of pages ago, they are not doing that. The reason the price is higher is because it includes all future expansions and DLC.

Ezalc

^ For Origin version, broheim. : /

EDIT: My mistake, saw that the code will work for both. Well, crap. Could've bought it when it was on sale if I'd known that. -_-

Goddamn it. I have the steam version and didn't see that it works for it too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Zafir

And as I pointed out a couple of pages ago, they are not doing that. The reason the price is higher is because it includes all future expansions and DLC.

Maybe so, but I'm not necessarily pointing at that with this, more other games whom have done it. Good couple of Kickstarted ones have.

rookiejet

Yep. It'd probably be less severe of a spike if it'd let you fight more during the game, instead of spending time with those dreadful cutscenes. I'd have gone for a second playthrough if I could disable the cinematics and was given more enemies and more time in the levels. Hmm, there's probably a mod for that now so I should look into it...

Edit: Nope, there aren't any mods :/

masterkajo

I had some serious problems because I never properly learned how to accurately aim my cuts throughout the entire game.

I didn't know that you could just ninja run under the debris he throws at you, so by the time I learned how to aim my cuts properly I was essentially no-damaging the fight.

Made getting the achievement quite easy.

ETPMsFv.png

I finished the game too last week though I did not do it with 0 damage. Still left a sour taste in my mouth. Once you get the
sword from wolf
I felt badass again though that feeling went away quickly as I tried to beat the boss for about 1 hour. The only way to beat him is to completely know all his moves or have insane reflexes.

I'm currently watching some of the SDD talks and the one called "100% Steam" was very interesting, the keynote speaker was Paul Jackson from Dovetail Games the developer behind Train Simulator, and I know we jockly about these kind of games but his presentation was good he made interesting points about user generated content.

Volcynika

Naa, if you push UP and make enemies angry, you can kill them with two charged sword hits. The Gorillas are very easy using this method (also the hammerguards).

But S ranking Armstrong is a nightmare.

I did it in about an hour and a half of retries. The thing that can fuck you up the most is when he rushes you with the flame dash. Sometimes easy to dodge, other times he somehow circles you and the camera makes that near impossible to dodge.

Newblade

Get those cards.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-86A7053F6A8AFDCE - Taken by ussjtrunks. 13 entrants total.

t1395696215z1.png

Zafir

Has anyone else got a sort of broken Trials Fusion bar showing up twice on the coming soon list, but doesn't even link anywhere? I'd be interested in swapping my pre-order to a Steam copy. :x

RS4-

What skin is everyone using for steam now? Went from Metro to Air, and I believe I tried Pixel for a bit too.

Any others?

Anyone having any trouble accessing the store? I'm having issues both in the browser and in the client. Friends list is working fine, however.

EDIT: seems to be working now!

topyy

I made it a free for all because some of the keys may not work -- I may have checked them against my account and voided them... but most of these should be good to go.

thanks for Doorways.

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-2430BA4633202417 - Taken by Nabs. 5 entrants total.

t1395697520z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom