• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

Does the Steam version of Vanguard Princess actually have differences from the freeware version? Or am I basically just paying money for trading cards?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting closer to a reality GAF

gpeSdjh.gif

Salsa

I'll keep trying the boss later. stallion's comment made me realize I haven't finished origins yet so I'm back to that for a bit

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In my haste I picked a game I already owned (thanks gabe). Credit goes to corrosivefrost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pressure -- MB-3ACE6170A349EEA7 - Taken by Sub Zero

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone on gaf played Demonicon - The Dark Eye if so how is it ?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So happy to see Betrayer out of early access, really looking forward to that. Now if only payday would hurry the fuck up and come along, bloody skint.

Myshkin

> Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball

I sure hope they did a great job with this game. Because the title is chock full of hizzle.

Miker

I'm late on this, but 33% off pre-order on Castlevania: Mirror of Fate is actually really generous. Then again, so was Revengeance's 33% off pre-order. Props to Konami.

JustinBB7

Just saw this:

[208575] Changed name Dishonored®: The Knife of Dunwall™
[226880] Changed name The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim®: Dragonborn™

The R logo is in red, I don't remember if they had that stupid logo on the store page. But I guess they did and they removed it? If only they would do that on every game hot damn.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, is anyone else having problems getting onto Steam today? I know it's been having issues lately but today it's worse than I've ever seen it. I can't even get to the store now, for like the past hour...

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Disco Dodgeball -- MB-68BBE34070590A8A - Taken by corrosivefrost. 3 entrants total.

t1395701616z1.png

Have at it!

Okay, is anyone else having problems getting onto Steam today? I know it's been having issues lately but today it's worse than I've ever seen it. I can't even get to the store now, for like the past hour...

Works right now.

louiedog

Nabs

$19 for the base game, $39 for the deluxe package that includes the season pass.

They need to add the DRM warning.

louiedog

What's the point of the deluxe if they cost the same price to buy them separately? :\

They don't. It's a penny cheaper to get them separately.

In all seriousness I cannot understand why someone would. Even if I was a Trials superfan I'd just buy the game and play it a bit to make sure they didn't remove what I like about the game before buying the season pass.

okayfrog

Banned
I want Trials: Fusion day one and I never even beat Evolution: Gold Edition. I need to power through and wait for the Steam sale in July when it'll be 25% off, just power through...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm having a problem launching The Swapper. I hit the play button, the program opens, and then I get a error message that it's not working and to close the program. Any ideas on what's wrong?
Anyone? Looking at the log, it seems like the problem is: "Can't add entity. No scene is set as current in SceneManager"

though I'm not sure how to correct that. I already turned off fullscreen mode

edit: more about this, I ran my Visual Studio debugger thing and it said "An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in MiniTK
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"

Tellaerin

I want Trials: Fusion day one and I never even beat Evolution: Gold Edition. I need to power through and wait for the Steam sale in July when it'll be 25% off, just power through...

What's the story with the Trials games, anyway? Is it only a time attack-type thing, or are there other racers (human or CPU, doesn't matter) on the tracks with you while you're racing?

Serrato

Is it me or Steam go down often lately? It's the third day in a row that me and my brother's connection go down out of a sudden while playing. We know it's not our Internet cause Skype works flawlessly. Is there something I'm supposed to know?

Wok

Anyone? Looking at the log, it seems like the problem is: "Can't add entity. No scene is set as current in SceneManager"

though I'm not sure how to correct that. I already turned off fullscreen mode

edit: more about this, I ran my Visual Studio debugger thing and it said "An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in MiniTK
Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"

Try deleting the following folder:
Code:
Steam\steamapps\common\The Swapper\data\textures\alien#atlas

Then
verify the game cache.

Then check the community hub.

Portman

It's been spotty for me since I got home from work 4 hours ago. Took a few attempts then to get signed in, and the website refused to load up too. The same thing is happening now.

Tizoc

Just beat Yaiba recently. Gonna replay on Normal or Hard for clean-up, then try Arcade mode.

This game def. looks like it had issues during development...

Tenrius

Is it me or Steam go down often lately? It's the third day in a row that me and my brother's connection go down out of a sudden while playing. We know it's not our Internet cause Skype works flawlessly. Is there something I'm supposed to know?

It's been like that for a while now.

Salsa

just in case there's a newer method I dont know about: how much of a hassle would it be to move Steam itself to my SSD but leave all installed games where they currently are? (mainly the HDD in which steam is installed right now)

Seanspeed

Banned
What's the story with the Trials games, anyway? Is it only a time attack-type thing, or are there other racers (human or CPU, doesn't matter) on the tracks with you while you're racing?
Yea, its time trials along with some skill games. The last game tried multiplayer but it wasn't great so they binned it for the new one. Which is fine! You'll be racing against yourself and your friends' times.

Really high presentation levels, crazy ass levels, perfect controls(you'll want a controller), a really great learning curve, incredibly challenging yet incredibly rewarding and unlimited user-created content makes it one of the most 'pure fun' games out there.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Try deleting the following folder:
Code:
Steam\steamapps\common\The Swapper\data\textures\alien#atlas

Then
verify the game cache.

Then check the community hub.
I've verified the cache (couldn't find that folder anyway). I've looked through the hub for solutions. The only ones that have gotten me to the menu screen at least are running the compatibility beta and getting windows to run it in Vista's compatibility mode. If I actually try to start a game, it crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom