• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Looks like Year Walk is about to go up for pre-order on Steam.

3e6eaa87211994913421f2e51d7ce3616ecf14c7.jpg

It was voted the iOS GOTY and I've been waiting for this one for a while.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just found another Enhanced Steam feature that Valve implemented themselves.

Since I don't browse Steam without Enhanced Steam, I don't know how long it's been this way.

Tesseract

Banned
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge looks cool, so does Oniken.

we need another steam holiday sale so can get these fine ass games.

Btw the Motor Rock website is still dead. Guess it was their last hurrah.

I sure did. Can't tell you anything about it yet though.

I was just curious if you still had that coupon sitting around -- I didn't want it to go to waste. Enjoy! ;)

I wish that Motor Rock would come back...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Which feature? I tend to watch out for any changes on the webpage, since I use the client most of the time.

This section on app pages. In July of last year I added a feature to Enhanced Steam that turned these into links that linked to the search pages for items with those similar traits.

Fs4yVgf.png

These are all now links, even without Enhanced Steam.

Like I said, I'm not sure how long these have been links in default Steam. I was porting this feature over to Opera and did a double take when it was already working even though I hadn't ported most of the code yet.

bootski

like this modbot??

ModBot said:
Instructions for bootski:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-C5EFEBBECDA5CCE9 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat
Fez -- MB-1E17DD7B01D1F578 - Taken by Varg
Limbo -- MB-D9AB919B1700D86F - Taken by natertots

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Last week I asked when did steam start to let you put specific amounts in your wallet and someone said that was enhanced steam, I forgot to say at the time that I don't have enhanced steam on the client so that's a actual steam feature now too

derExperte

Year Walk is now purchasable (is preorderable a word?).

I was just curious if you still had that coupon sitting around -- I didn't want it to go to waste. Enjoy! ;)

It didn't get any sale since release so I figured there's no chance it'll be more than 50% off in the next couple of months and what if the game gets cards? I was basically forced into making the purchase....

jshackles

Last week I asked when did steam start to let you put specific amounts in your wallet and someone said that was enhanced steam, I forgot to say at the time that I don't have enhanced steam on the client so that's a actual steam feature now too

Not seeing that here. When Enhanced Steam is disabled I just get the default $5 / $10 / $25 / $50 / $100

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, so, the view count on the first attachment image I sent to Ubi as part of my support ticket has definitely gone up by one over the past day or so. I still haven't received a response so my chances of actually receiving a Steam key for the original release of Settlers 7: Paths to Kingdom are looking good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not seeing that here. When Enhanced Steam is disabled I just get the default $5 / $10 / $25 / $50 / $100

When I buy currency in Mar... err... When I buy video games (yeah let's go with that, that's what I've been spending money on) and I have say 2,50€ in my wallet and I need 10, steam asks me if I want to add the difference instead of the set prices

Levyne

Banned
I can see where the reviewers are coming from with Castlevania, but the art oozes style much like in the first game, going to be taking lots of screens.

like this modbot??

Amazingly I see a giveaway where my puny library actually has all of those

bootski

Amazingly I see a giveaway where my puny library actually has all of those

lol yea they're pretty big hits that i have either bought already or have a few times over. hoping that they can go to good use.

is there a way to remove keys from modbot so i can give Volimar FTL?

jshackles

When I buy currency in Mar... err... When I buy video games (yeah let's go with that, that's what I've been spending money on) and I have say 2,50€ in my wallet and I need 10, steam asks me if I want to add the difference instead of the set prices

That is normal, they've always done that. What Enhanced Steam does is adds that ability to this page.

ythBqh1.png

derExperte

lol yea they're pretty big hits that i have either bought already or have a few times over. hoping that they can go to good use.

is there a way to remove keys from modbot so i can give Volimar FTL?

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom