• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess it's only Chrome Enhanced Steam? 'cause I don't see it on Firefox. Ugh, guess I oughtta skip over to Chrome soon...

It's been in the Firefox version for about 2 weeks now. However, today Mozilla just de-listed version 5.9. I'm working on version 5.9.1 now, which I hope to have uploaded within the next few days. Might be a couple of weeks until it's approved though.

If you'd like the functionality now, go with the Chrome version.

Sadly, when Mozilla rejects the code (as they did earlier today) they remove it from the site completely.

Caerith

I guess it's only Chrome Enhanced Steam? 'cause I don't see it on Firefox. Ugh, guess I oughtta skip over to Chrome soon...

Firefox takes longer to get updated, since they take their sweet time to certify updates and occasionally make the Enhanced Steam developer jump through inane hoops. Google's annoying but at least Chrome gets timely updates.

Turfster

So apparently Thief's got code that was written by Ubi.
You can walk through loading screens and end up back in the tutorial, with savegames overwritten.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sadly, when Mozilla rejects the code (as they did earlier today) they remove it from the site completely.

Yeah, I noticed that after posting. I have two questions:

1) Am I misremembering or is the ability to set a custom Wallet fund amount not present in FF 5.9? I distinctly recall doing it once but this may have been in Chrome; the feature isn't showing up when viewing the add funds page in FF.
2) I've checked your games list and you don't own Top Gun so I'm guessing you ultimately got nowhere with Support, but what were you told after you provided photos of the packaging?

Why can't you just release a dev-version that you install manually?

I'm not sure how the guy behind Youtube Center does it, but he generally releases an update for his addon once a day, and sometimes even twice a day, directly via Firefox. Is his add-on prioritized or something?

Almighty

So I've had a somewhat change of heart about Enhanced Steam development. I want as many people as possible to have access to the extension, and I don't want to leave anyone out or make anyone use a browser they don't like just on my account.

So I'm working on a fix for the Opera 12 browser. I'll fix the few Firefox bugs that caused it to be rejected, and re-submit. I haven't decided if I'll support Firefox 29+ yet, but at the very least you can choose to stay on Firefox 28 to keep Enhanced Steam working correctly when the time comes.

You are a saint. I really appreciate the extra work you are doing for those of us on Firefox.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I noticed that after posting. I have two questions:

1) Am I misremembering or is the ability to set a custom Wallet fund amount not present in FF 5.9? I distinctly recall doing it once but this may have been in Chrome; the feature isn't showing up when viewing the add funds page in FF.
2) I've checked your games list and you don't own Top Gun so I'm guessing you ultimately got nowhere with Support, but what were you told after you provided photos of the packaging?

1) I think you're mis-remembering, as that feature has not yet been ported to Firefox. Also (go figure) Valve changed their fields on that page which caused a bug in the existing Chrome version. It'll be fixed back up in the upcoming version 6.0.

2) Yeah, I didn't get anywhere at all with Top Gun. After providing support with images of the packaging several times, they ultimately concluded that my lack of CD key must be due to a packaging error. They told me I should get in contact with the publisher. The publisher responded with a very generic "Yes, each copy of the game includes Steam." Absolutely no help.

JaseC

1) I think you're mis-remembering, as that feature has not yet been ported to Firefox. Also (go figure) Valve changed their fields on that page which caused a bug in the existing Chrome version. It'll be fixed back up in the upcoming version 6.0.

2) Yeah, I didn't get anywhere at all with Top Gun. After providing support with images of the packaging several times, they ultimately concluded that my lack of CD key must be due to a packaging error. They told me I should get in contact with the publisher. The publisher responded with a very generic "Yes, each copy of the game includes Steam." Absolutely no help.

Cheers.

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's THE FINAL

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

It's been fun but all good things must come to an end. This is the final Prey key I'll be giving away. And there is no better way to go out than one last MS Paint competition.

To coincide with this being the final contest for what may very well be the last Prey Steam key in existence (TRUFAX), the theme this time will be 'What I Would Do For The Final Prey Key Ever In The History Of Everything'. Mash your clenched fists against your computering input devices until you conjure up a single picture, comic or animated JIF and upload it here for everyone to silently judge you. One entry per person. 24 hour time limit. Be there or be square.

jshackles

Why can't you just release a dev-version that you install manually?

I'm not sure how the guy behind Youtube Center does it, but he generally releases an update for his addon once a day, and sometimes even twice a day, directly via Firefox. Is his add-on prioritized or something?

I can "self-publish" the addon myself as long as I have my own SSL certificate and an HTTPS path it's updating from. If I did do that, the extension would keep itself up to date automatically and I could bypass Mozilla's process. However, I wouldn't get the traffic that the Mozilla extension store provides, and I guess some people enjoy the fact that the code itself is at least checked through.

As of a few weeks ago, I am now compiling my own XPI file via Github when I push any updates. Since Github has SSL, I may be able to create a "dev" version of the Firefox plugin that keeps itself up to date. I'll have to check into that.

Or you can download it now, and just keep checking back for a new version every once in a while.

EDIT: nope, Github can't do it, as I would need to sign the XPI file digitally with the same SSL certificate.

I can "self-publish" the addon myself as long as I have my own SSL certificate and an HTTPS path it's updating from. If I did do that, the extension would keep itself up to date automatically and I could bypass Mozilla's process. However, I wouldn't get the traffic that the Mozilla extension store provides, and I guess some people enjoy the fact that the code itself is at least checked through.

As of a few weeks ago, I am now compiling my own XPI file via Github when I push any updates. Since Github has SSL, I may be able to create a "dev" version of the Firefox plugin that keeps itself up to date. I'll have to check into that.

Or you can download it now, and just keep checking back for a new version every once in a while.

Oh, I see. That's good to know, thank you.

Turfster

Holy shit, what?
Quicksaves and autosaves are saved to the same file in Thi4f?
Seriously, Squenix?
If this is true, whoever thought this was a good decision needs a lesson in game design.

JaseC

Hey noobs, erry1 download Diablo 3 again pls.

I never did finish Diablo 3. The virtually non-existent stat/level-up system and utterly dull loot, the latter clearly a conscious design decision to encourage RMAH use, ultimately eroded all desire I had to continue. I hear the game is better these days, though, but I have enough isometric ARPGs to play through.

Holy shit, what?
Quicksaves and autosaves are saved to the same file in Thi4f?
Seriously, Squenix?
If this is true, whoever thought this was a good decision needs a lesson in game design.

Everybody involved with the game needs a lesson on game design. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey noobs, erry1 download Diablo 3 again pls.

Friend of mine actually gifted me reaper of souls for Xmas and I have 0 interest in playing it, I actually feel bad about it :/

Levyne

Banned
I still have both Torchlight and Torchlight 2 sitting unplayed, should get around to those eventually. Not going to be anytime soon, though.

JaseC

I still have both Torchlight and Torchlight 2 sitting unplayed, should get around to those eventually. Not going to be anything soon, though.

The original Torchlight is on the short side as far as ARPGs are concerned. You could probably finish it over a weekend.

Sajjaja

Whats a Diablo

He's that big guy in that video game where you hunt monsters. Monster Hunter.

I never did finish Diablo 3. The virtually non-existent stat/level-up system and utterly dull loot, the latter clearly a conscious design decision to encourage RMAH use, ultimately eroded all desire I had to continue. I hear the game is better these days, though, but I have enough isometric ARPGs to play through.

They just pushed a HUGE pre-Reaper of Souls patch out that rebalanced everything, removed the RMAH(Happening March 18th). I never finished it before either, but I figured now was a good time to try it again. Added Loot 2.0 as well that has drops better for your class.

Friend of mine actually gifted me reaper of souls for Xmas and I have 0 interest in playing it, I actually feel bad about it :/

Give me it pls.

Hit Chapter 10 in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and my opinion of it sways between extremes. Sometimes there's a really cool level or boss fight and I enjoy the game immensely and then other times there's some really obtuse level design, some awful arena battles, whatever and I'm back to hating it. There's no real in between.

Anteater

Hit Chapter 10 in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and my opinion of it sways between extremes. Sometimes there's a really cool level or boss fight and I enjoy the game immensely and then other times there's some really obtuse level design, some awful arena battles, whatever and I'm back to hating it. There's no real in between.

yeah, I like it but at the same time it felt like a chore to play to get to the cool parts.

Levyne

Banned
The original Torchlight is on the short side as far as ARPGs are concerned. You could probably finish it over a weekend.

Good to know! I will attempt to knock it out when releases slow slow again in june or so...haha

They just pushed a HUGE pre-Reaper of Souls patch out that rebalanced everything, removed the RMAH. I never finished it before either, but I figured now was a good time to try it again. Added Loot 2.0 as well that has drops better for your class.

That sounds really nice, actually.

Yeah it's like that, the sequel is similar but at least isn't segmented into chapters. So far I still like the first one more but obviously it's a bit soon to declare that.

I will say the first game seems to trend better the farther in you go. At least that's what I took away from it.

That basically "never" in steam dictionary.

Nah, I'll definitely play it.

Oh shit son it's THE FINAL

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

It's been fun but all good things must come to an end. This is the final Prey key I'll be giving away. And there is no better way to go out than one last MS Paint competition.

To coincide with this being the final contest for what may very well be the last Prey Steam key in existence (TRUFAX), the theme this time will be 'What I Would Do For The Final Prey Key Ever In The History Of Everything'. Mash your clenched fists against your computering input devices until you conjure up a single picture, comic or animated JIF and upload it here for everyone to silently judge you. One entry per person. 24 hour time limit. Be there or be square.

Join team ->
LPgYjvt.gif

Might not be permanent!

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-2AFE0232204258E7 - Taken by Smurf Yetti
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-19669BD3860F24A9 - Taken by Sarcasm

Garcia

Electronic Super Joy's Infinite
pain
Love mode is ruthless. Trying to unlock those cheevs = Thousands of guaranteed deaths. :'|

Blitzhex

Capcom needs to hurry up and remove GFWL from Dead Rising 2. I want to play that game without losing my saves :/
I wonder when Bulletstorm's will get removed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom