• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Family sharing deauthorizes the account I share with, almost every time I want to do something on it. Like clockwork, I go and see there are no longer 300+ games, but instead the 6 I have installed. When I click to play one, and enter in the computer he has me listed as, it says "Failed to send authorization request (Account Not Found)". We've been sharing since the early days of the beta, but I still have to go in and delete ClientRegistry.blob every week or so, when this happens.

Muh.

mannerbot

There are generally two fixes.

Sign into Xbox.com and make sure there are no hangups.

Download and install the updated GFWL client from Microsoft.

Sure, but I'd assume that corrosivefrost already tried those. I was going to suggest logging in to the Games For Windows Marketplace. A few times now I've had a problem where none of my GFWL games would log in even though all of my login information was correct. I solved it by clearing the login information from GFW Marketplace and logging in there; afterwards, my GFWL games would sign in fine again.

Yeah, neither of those worked.

Try above, I bet it'll work!

But how much wood would a woodcutter cut if a woodcutter could cut wood?

More wood then you would ever need.
500x1000px-LL-fb9dfd19_tumblr_mkciumf4Th1r5zq6ao1_250.gif

maty

Congrats and thanks for And Yet it Moves, nobody wanted it, so I thought "why not".

Ha, no worries. Some here might find it bad but I thought it was alright. I played it a few years ago for the achievement hunt event during christmas and while it isn't the nicest game to look at, it's not an abomination. Besides it's quite short if you don't play the challenges (which I haven't). Enjoy :)

vg260

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-7A4613FC01517687 - Taken by Sarcasm

Reposting (with a new game).

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-2517DEA4846DDE3C
Fez -- MB-22FCDECEC3BE8CE0 - Taken by Ryne

Woohoo you should stop playing XCOM, people that only play 1 game over and over again are bad people, you should diversify. Nobody should play just 1 game. Nope. No Sir.

Ho ho ho :).

Hey, you should try this game called "Marvel Heroes" not sure if you ever heard of it before... :p

Also, you can't tell woo to stop. It does not work that way, he must find his own way, perhaps when he beats the game on the harder difficulty. ;)

LOL :D

SteamGAF - thanks to the Humble Bundle and buying Commandos 2 for $.59, I'm at 99 games.

I feel that the 100th game needs to be a worthy one - but I wanna leave it in the hands of this thread.

Go.

Serious answer?

FTL or XCOM EU; the two best games on Steam*.

Wait for HL3 to be released!

LOL

* games that have consumed my gaming affections most completely since I started playing Steam games last year.

Ryne

Thank you for Fez, Cozmogramma!

I should buy that bundle since it is so awesome, but I have all the games that I want from it. I'll coerce my brother into buying it though.

FloatOn

I've been swamped all day, got some dark souls on to destress.

Saw that my beloved pac man battle royale released and then the price tag smacked me in the face.... $20!? Namco plz

maty

hmm was hoping for
Spelunky or maybe Papers Please with the HIB lol. but that bundle is awesome as it is.

Haha, if those games were added then no bundle would be able to match this one.
The next one would have to include HL3 to beat this. xD

Vibranium

Banned
Just heard about Deus Ex The Fall for PC. Totally getting it, I can't say no at the price while I wait for AAA next-gen DE.

I wonder if Derrick plans to play it, considering he was not very impressed with Human Revolution but did at least admit it was better than Invisible War. Heh, I bet he will with no time on GAF anymore.

Finally decided to redeem Surgeon Simulator from one of my Humble Bundles and totally wasn't expecting it to be so bad yet so good. The achievements are great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam's downtime always amazes me. I'm a network admin in an environment where people's lives could literally be on the line if a single server goes down.

I know that Steam's server architecture is much more complex than what I manage, but there are pretty industry-standard technologies that can be leveraged to prevent this sort of thing. I guess I should throw that on the pile of "reasons Valve should hire me".

Tellaerin

Tuesday maintenance?

Tuesday maintenance.

Dammit. Maintenance hit as I was activating a key. I got a progress bar during the activation dialogue, which timed out. I hope I won't find out that it failed to activate properly or something now. (I mean, it's just Eryi's Action from the new Bundle Stars bundle, but I was looking forward to checking that out.)

Speaking of, I did end up with one spare from that bundle, for anyone who wants it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thunder Wolves -- MB-390D70EEF370205A - Taken by gwynplaine. 9 entrants total.

t1393375220z1.png

In light of all of this, I am seriously considering making Enhanced Steam exclusive to Google Chrome.
;(

To be honest: About time. Firefox is the only decent alternative to Chrome, and I still don't see why people would use that, other than hating Google.
Chrome would sometimes fail completely, not be able to load certain pages. Then I'll stick to Firefox for a few months before switching back.

Backlogger

Some more stuff
ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Time Gentlemen Please -- MB-980DC10CDA7BD946 - Taken by Kiru
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-9D8CBED527B85BDE - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Alien Shooter -- MB-16603238F628722D - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Blockland -- MB-F8F9ACA4E53ED02F - Taken by topyy
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-3B9256E984EE62E8 - Taken by Garcia
Pressure -- MB-01934A94050529B5 - Taken by Ingueferroque
AI War Collection -- MB-A59E6CC0F6A4CD87 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Thunder Wolves -- MB-EE1DE22B240D7587 - Taken by Kifimbo
And Yet it Moves -- MB-E7DEF0F98663D47A - Taken by ShogunX

fantomena

Status
Not open for further replies.