• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Fez. Enjoy the Fez-tivities.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-25EE7C6DE803981E - Taken by jonno394. 1 entrants total.

t1393396550z1.png

Myshkin

Didn't know I would sell nearly 170 cards so quickly. Ran into the "we need info for tax purposes" notice.

It's not for selling them; it's for listing them. When I took a couple of cards off the market, to put them back up at new prices, it wouldn't let me due to reaching the limit.

Uraizen

Banned
Capcom needs to hurry up and remove GFWL from Dead Rising 2. I want to play that game without losing my saves :/
I wonder when Bulletstorm's will get removed as well.

Oh God... the day I boot up a game only to find out GFWL has been taken down and the devs never bothered to patch it...

G9ioUva.gif

Enjoy.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust An Elysian Tale -- MB-D55C3B5564A9619B - Taken by schuey7

Guacamelee and FEZ still up for grabs

ModBot said:
Instructions for ashecitism:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-64AF87C0371D2409 - Taken by FOX_. 8 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A204304258D268AC
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-9F7FA1527892BB42 - Taken by NotSelf. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-2F1FE90ADE6BD4CA - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-AF68C3398E00F3D2 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 5 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-F3463FE4D2265B1F - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 16 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-CDE6E46ED7CC47FF

t1393368378z1.png

Arthea

got e-mail from Ubi yesterday that Might & Magic Heroes Kingdoms is closing. They didn't mention when servers will be closed down, but seeing as shop is closed in August, must be soon.

Too many bundles!

I know! It's like, you know, feast before the end (><)

Thief feels like a shitty Dishonored, which is kind of funny since that's what some people think Dishonored is. It's the locomotion in Thief that bugs me the most. Swooping is neat and all but too many actions are dictated by one, context sensitive button. There needs to be a jump button, there really does because what you can and cannot interact with is inconsistent. In some places waist high objects are impassable barriers, which is beyond frustrating and shouldn't be a thing. It wouldn't be a thing if there was a jump button. And you should have the ability to lean look without having to snap to a corner or object. You feel like Garret looks with that stupid hood of his, like he can't move his neck at all. The locomotion in this game feels stilted and stunted.

The sound design is terrible. Ambient lines and noises will overpower cutscenes or you'll be alone in an interior and the noise from outside, like two guards conversing, will sound as if it's right next to you. There's a lot of loading screens, a lot. Too many I'd say. And so far the level design is pretty binary with the penchant for funneling you down some scripted events. This game kind of is what everyone feared it would be.

I'm playing on the Master difficulty but I kind of wish I had just stuck with the normal default difficulty. I kind of just want to breeze through the campaign as quickly as possible and wouldn't mind leaving a trail of dead guards at this point if it meant getting through the game faster. There's so much about this game that feels off, like there needed to be some more iteration and polish.

Sajjaja

Thief feels like a shitty Dishonored, which is kind of funny since that's what some people think Dishonored is. It's the locomotion in Thief that bugs me the most. Swooping is neat and all but too many actions are dictated by one, context sensitive button. There needs to be a jump button, there really does because what you can and cannot interact with is inconsistent. In some places waist high objects are impassable barriers, which is beyond frustrating and shouldn't be a thing. It wouldn't be a thing if there was a jump button. And you should have the ability to lean look without having to snap to a corner or object. You feel like Garret looks with that stupid hood of his, like he can't move his neck at all. The locomotion in this game feels stilted and stunted.

The sound design is terrible. Ambient lines and noises will overpower cutscenes or you'll be alone in an interior and the noise from outside, like two guards conversing, will sound as if it's right next to you. There's a lot of loading screens, a lot. Too many I'd say. And so far the level design is pretty binary with the penchant for funneling you down some scripted events. This game kind of is what everyone feared it would be.

I'm playing on the Master difficulty but I kind of wish I had just stuck with the normal default difficulty. I kind of just want to breeze through the campaign as quickly as possible and wouldn't mind leaving a trail of dead guards at this point if it meant getting through the game faster. There's so much about this game that feels off, like there needed to be some more iteration and polish.

Are you having fun?

Arthea

at gamersgate Total War Grand Master Collection -75%

Unfortunately Rome Gold isn't steam, even if it's on steam.

Not really. Thief is already looking kind of like Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider 2013. Play it once, uninstall and never play again.

At this rate I'd rather reinstall and play through Dishonored for the fourth time.

I checked on steam, and users reviews for Thief are overwhelmingly positive. It's so strange.

Okay guys, it's over. GabeN can pack his toys and go racing or whatever he's doing now. PS4 wins.
pics

lol
what's THAT?

Sajjaja

Not really. Thief is already looking kind of like Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider 2013. Play it once, uninstall and never play again.

At this rate I'd rather reinstall and play through Dishonored for the fourth time.

Apparently, you should turn off all assistance and stuff. Make it minimalistic and you can appreciate it for what it is what than what you wish it to be. That's what I'm getting from the OT.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
At the same time, the (now basically defunct) Green Light Bundle sent me an email this morning that contained my Steam key for Major Mayhem.

Seems like Groupees should really be stepping up their game.
We're hibernating :). But still sending steam keys when we get them from developers :)

Is the activation for Lords of Shadows 2 region locked?

Actually, are activations in general region locked now? My Dark Souls still works fine although it's retail. I activated MGR fine but I heard some people who activated it later had issues.

Tizoc

I've got Thief pre-loaded, and Steam says it is to be released on the 25th. It's now the 26th in my country and it still shows that it is not released yet. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom