• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I hate laptops at this point. This Dell Inspirion I bought has been nothing but a pain this deployment. Can't wait to get back to my Desktop.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any Omerta impressions? Tempted to pick up the complete pack from gamersgate because I would love me some Xcom with gangsters. Heard the game was shit though

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
My roommate's and ex-roommate's HP laptops all have the same issue, they sound like they are going to take off when the fan is running at full speed.

My MSI GE60 is still alive and well.

Absolutely regretting not going with an MSI or Asus. Even if I had to take a dive on specs since I had a non-negotiable price point I had to hit, at least I know it wouldn't have shit the bed so badly. Now i'm stuck with a stationary web browser machine where a laptop once sat and will most likely be stuck with it for another few years.

Just say no to HP laptops, folks. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Arthea

Dark Souls getting GFWL removed is pretty much confirmed now?
It is?

Horrible.

s13.gif

Knurek

Paypal has been pestering me lately on login to confirm my mobile number so that they can 'send paid text messages with ads' (their words, not mine).
Anyone know of a way to opt-out/disable that shit permanently?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Horrible.
I was talking about JaseC.

I'm horrible? But

tumblr_mt1e36042p1qd791ky7.gif

I thought I read that yesterday, but I'm not sure, so it was more of a question.

Well, it's "pretty much confirmed" insofar that Scamco bothered to patch GFWL out of Ace Combat, a belated PC port which surely would have bombed, so the same treatment being given to a belated PC port which did well is simply logical progress.

Well, it's "pretty much confirmed" insofar that Scamco bothered to patch GFWL out of Ace Combat, a belated PC port which surely would have bombed, so the same treatment being given to a belated PC port which did well is simply logical progress.

Haha you mentioned Scamco and logical in the same sentence.

JaseC

I bought the Prosk Starter Bundle earlier so I no longer need this:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hawken -- MB-1C42C83F22969876 - Taken by Deques

Kiru

Question: If a game in steam.db is tagged with

PurchaseRestrictedCountries CN

does it mean it's not activatable in China ?

Nah. I activated it, and someone who won a giveaway from me, who lives in Italy too. I assume it's really only not activatable in China. (Ridge Racer Unbounded btw)

Theres another field above the country codes "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries", this determines whether it can only be bought from the Restricted Countries or blocked from them.

It's cheating.
I mean, I had put wood on the fire in my last turn before everyone suddenly "died" in the night because the fire went out.
Fuck that =p

Hahahahaha, the prototype for the Ludum Dare is pretty unforgiving and I never survived until the end, if you do a mistake the chances of your crew and you die are high.

Turfster

Nah. I activated it, and someone who won a giveaway from me, who lives in Italy too. I assume it's really only not activatable in China. (Ridge Racer Unbounded btw)

Weird, I mostly see it for region locked packages.

Amazon is selling a Manhunt 1+2 combo pack for 5$. Only the first one is a Steam key, though.

JaseC

Question: If a game in steam.db is tagged with

PurchaseRestrictedCountries CN

does it mean it's not activatable in China ?

Only if AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries were set to no and you were trying to activate a key tied to the sub. The PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags have no bearing on gift activation -- that's where AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting and onlyallowrunincountries come in.

Dolor

Is everyone playing Banished? Or: How the hell is it selling so well? I need to check it out asap.

I haven't played it, but I bought gift copies for my wife and cousin just based on the trailer. I think there's a lot of pent up demand for city-builders especially after how bad Simcity was.

I bought the Prosk Starter Bundle earlier so I no longer need this:

Good game and good giveaway.

Kiru

Only if AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries were set to no and you were trying to activate a key tied to the sub. The PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags have no bearing on gift activation -- that's where AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting and onlyallowrunincountries come in.

Ahh ok. Thanks for that. Yeah the sub says "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries No" ... Guess I'll still have to put in a disclaimer in my giveaway that it won't activate in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom