• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

So I've had a somewhat change of heart about Enhanced Steam development. I want as many people as possible to have access to the extension, and I don't want to leave anyone out or make anyone use a browser they don't like just on my account.

So I'm working on a fix for the Opera 12 browser. I'll fix the few Firefox bugs that caused it to be rejected, and re-submit. I haven't decided if I'll support Firefox 29+ yet, but at the very least you can choose to stay on Firefox 28 to keep Enhanced Steam working correctly when the time comes.

Wonderful news.

Anteater

this fucking puzzle in the swapper

iq3hliyc3si7rveu56.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arcane Worlds -- MB-2555B4A156326716 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 20 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Hippocampal (Desura) -- MB-2F454361CAE46936 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-372149FD76037B0A - Taken by Zafir. 29 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-F07F1197C1BC3044 - Taken by dot. 10 entrants total.
Frozen Hearth -- MB-7FC00A4321A7B7BF - Taken by NingenJanai. 16 entrants total.

t1393437500z1.png

good luck! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for Mini Motor Racing, JaseC.

No worries. :)

Edit: The RoF DLC wasn't taken so here it is again:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Flight: Legendary Bombers (DLC) -- MB-4F27DAC8129A95F8

Arthea

I'm kind of freaking out, why is The LEGO Movie not available for my country (EU2)? halp

you aren't looking hard enough?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/267530/

or your country is saved from movie games by higher powers.

Anyone remembers if Lumines has ever been on sale?

not once! I gave up and removed it from my wishlist, it's plain ridiculous! (><)
I like tetris, but it isn't even best Lumines and it's 9,99&#8364;, for Odin's sake!

At least once. Nothing in the past three-and-a-bit years, though.

that counts for never, wouldn't you agree?

JaseC

Has anyone used any of their Turd points from IndieGala to enter for poop giveaways on GalaGiveaways.com?

I entered a few giveaways when the site went live but quickly forgot about the whole thing. I also tend to forget about Steam Gifts.

derExperte

I believe it was delayed here until tomorrow. You can preorder it elsewhere. GMG, for example

Tomorrow? Doubt it, says "Released: April 17, 2014" there for me and no release date on Steam. They delayed it in Europe because of the late launch of the movie, which apparently screws some countries in which it's already in theaters.

Arthea

Has anyone used any of their Turd points from IndieGala to enter for poop giveaways on GalaGiveaways.com?

I tried just recently several times, their site is weird, I get past first verification step and never get further than that. I'm done with trying.

i totally forgot that the site even exists...

i have like 200000 gala points, time to check the site out again i guess :p

Ya, I looked at my gala points and thought I should do something about them. That didn't go well, I kinda understand why we have so many of those points, we can't spend them in gala store and make giveaways work. (><)

Deadbeat

Banned
I entered a few giveaways when the site went live but quickly forgot about the whole thing. I also tend to forget about Steam Gifts.
Oh I remember that site. Its where I won giveaways and the guy didnt give me anything because he made a fake giveaway to get more points to enter other giveaways that in turn were probably faking it as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We're hibernating :). But still sending steam keys when we get them from developers :)

Good to hear, I really liked your Greenlight bundles. I think a lot of the other bundle sites could learn from the emails with Steam keys of Greenlit games. Great customer service, thanks!

Is the steam community stuff down right now for anyone else? Just wanted to sell a few trading cards and received an error. Store is working fine.

HoosTrax

So that's what those IndieGala points are for...

Been wondering that for a while now. Not that there would be anything interesting to entering a giveaway for, I suppose.

nexen

I own this game, but have never played it. No clue if it is good or not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gentlemen! -- MB-BFB38C2DA9EA0CD7 - Taken by Relax.MX

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

Is the steam community stuff down right now for anyone else? Just wanted to sell a few trading cards and received an error. Store is working fine.

That was my fault. I stumbled upon the subreddit for those celebrating 10 years on Steam and started checking the game counts of those who posted links to their profiles. I got right near the end before Steam choked. :(

nai

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0B1455E2364279DC
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-A9B773B95E547FC5 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 2 entrants total.

t1393441639z1.png

edit: How do I get modbot to generate those thumbnails for the games?

Tizoc

EDIT: Ah OK figured it out, seems I don't have any of the priced DLC for Europa Universalis despite having the Extreme Edition =p

It still baffles me how a company with as many resources as Valve can have over an hour of downtime on a site as big as Steam on a fairly regular basis. Valve needs a good network engineer / software developer / all-around-good-guy
like me

I see what you did there.

It does seem like it happens in high frequency. Not exactly the same, but we have network down time every now and then when they're upgrading the servers (I work for a rather large appliance company), but it usually occurs at obscure times and we're notified ahead of time.

Their random down times are slightly surprising though.

okayfrog

Banned
Forgot to mention that Royale Pancake bundle is now on
http://www.indieroyale.com/

I'm way too out of touch with these titles on Steam as I don't even recognize the first four.

Anyways, roommate beat Dust a couple days ago and convinced me to start it up. Started on Hardcore even though I'm not too good at action games and I'm sure I'll become too annoyed and drop it after a bit. I totally did the first boss fight wrong as I
tried to parry once and failed, so I just "whack, evade, whack, evade, whack, evade..."'ed for 5-10 minutes
. I'm sure I'm in for fun times ahead. Voice acting, character models, and writing are all pretty awful, but at least the gameplay is decent enough so far. And it only takes like one or two hits to kill me, so I don't really even have to think about using up any health items ever, which is neat.

Annubis

It still baffles me how a company with as many resources as Valve can have over an hour of downtime on a site as big as Steam on a fairly regular basis. Valve needs a good network engineer / software developer / all-around-good-guy
like me

People have said the same thing about Blizzard for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom