• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

New IndieGala Bundle

$1 Tier
Hippocambal
QBQBQB
Saturday Morning RPG - Steam

Pay more than xx Tier
Arcane Worlds - Steam EA
Victory - Steam EAE
Mini Motor Racing - Steam
Rise of Flight + DLC - Steam
Solar Flux - Steam
Bonus
Bonus

Turfster

Indiegala Rise of Flight
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hippocampal (Desura)
  • Qbqbqb (Desura)
  • Saturday Morning RPG
TIER 2: 5.99$ (3.99$ for the first 12 hours)
  • Arcane Worlds (Early Access)
  • Victory The Age of Racing (Early Access)
  • Mini Motor Racing Evo
  • Rise of Flight Channel Battles Edition + Legendary Bombers DLC
  • Solar Flux
  • ?

Edit: durnit.

Arthea

you know why they fixed price? Because I bought at error one, I'm positive, or you had to wait until I bought for that higher one, paying taxes on top, especially because I have most of those game.
Just letting you know who to thank!

Your sacrifice will be sung of by minstrels for many moons.

It's nice to get some credit, for all my sacrifices
it's not the first time, they fix price after I buy, so it's no joke!

I don't know any of these games. Is it worth buying it blind? Or should I wait for some other bundles with notable names in them.

Arcane Worlds seems to be interesting. Like a FPS Black and White. And Hippocambal has dancing aliens. That should be enough to convince you.

And Indie Gala had some really really good bonus games in the last bundles. Deadly Premonotion, Viscera Cleanup Detail Santas Rampage, Pixeljunk Monsters and Pixeljunk Shooter. Just to name a few.

you know why they fixed price? Because I bought at error one, I'm positive, or you had to wait until I bought for that higher one, paying taxes on top, especially because I have most of those game.
Just letting you know who to thank!

Your sacrifice will be sung of by minstrels for many moons.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing as the early bird BTA price is $3.99, I figured I'd just buy a bundle for myself and another as a gift as opposed to waiting god-knows-how-long for Happy Hour:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saturday Morning RPG #2 -- MB-F9A7337B697D5109 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Victory: The Age of Racing -- MB-F5C8774F2EF18AC1 - Taken by cardinalmind
Rise of Flight #2 -- MB-80BAFFD3A37853B8 - Taken by Anteater
Solar Flux #2 -- MB-685BE24D928000FA - Taken by kudoboi
Mini Motor Racing Evo #2 -- MB-4F856097BF8DA05F - Taken by alr1ght
Solar Flux -- MB-CDF41B96CCB2715C - Taken by _hekk05
Arcane Worlds -- MB-6F793C42AF6FAEF4 - Taken by Deques
Rise of Flight: Legendary Bombers (DLC) -- MB-4F27DAC8129A95F8
Rise of Flight -- MB-848AF95FDF249228 - Taken by nightstorm
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-63196489DA2DF842 - Taken by didamangi
Mini Motor Racing Evo -- MB-262BDEC8CC7CF242 - Taken by Garcia

And here's a Frozen Hearth spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Hearth -- MB-587D0978E44B8BCF - Taken by Turfster

_hekk05

Banned
Seeing as the early bird BTA price is $3.99, I figured I'd just buy a bundle for myself and another as a gift as opposed to waiting god-knows-how-long for Happy Hour:

mmm not interest in racers or flight sims. Puzzles on the other hand ... Thanks for solar flux

Stuff

Modbot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-C01A3EE40B1B2AF3 - Taken by bronson. 3 entrants total.

t1393423189z1.png

didamangi

SMRPG looks like a good fit for a casual weekend play, thx JaseC.

Arthea

Now kiss!

That would be hard to do, simultaneously especially

Looks like X: Rebirth might be moving towards offering mod tools (maybe Workshop support?).

The game was undoubtedly bad at launch, but I still hold out hope that modders can deliver on some of the promise of the original game idea (there was a lot there).

So it never was not improved in any way? I still have it in my wishlist, but first impressions were so bad, that wasn't even considering buying, although I've seen base price is lower now.

Dolor

So it never was not improved in any way? I still have it in my wishlist, but first impressions were so bad, that wasn't even considering buying, although I've seen base price is lower now.

I can't say right now. I played it for about 8 hours at launch (it took me that long to extinguish my hope for the game), but I haven't played it since.

There's a really great game somewhere under there, and I do think modders will eventually fix it.

I wouldn't take it off your wishlist if this type of game interests you, but based on the progress I have seen so far, I would be targeting something like a holiday 2014 sale rather than jumping in anytime soon.

Arthea

I can't say right now. I played it for about 8 hours at launch (it took me that long to extinguish my hope for the game), but I haven't played it since.

There's a really great game somewhere under there, and I do think modders will eventually fix it.

I wouldn't take it off your wishlist if this type of game interests you, but based on the progress I have seen so far, I would be targeting something like a holiday 2014 sale rather than jumping in anytime soon.
Thanks. I can wait, not that I don't have what to play

Parsnip

There are a few functions that could easily be accomplished with Greasemonkey, in fact Enhanced Steam started as a Greasemonkey script.

However, Enhanced Steam (for Chrome) has about 235 options at present, and the Firefox version has 10-15 (another huge limitation with Firefox is it's extension preferences).

With Greasemonkey, a user would have to edit the script itself to set their options, and most prefer to simply check or uncheck a box in the familiar extensions tab.

There are also a lot of things Enhanced Steam simply wouldn't be able to do as a Greasemonkey script.
235 options, oh. That's a lot. :D I've only used the Firefox version, had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom