• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

I have a person on Steam that wants to trade a key he has for Arma III against my Sleeping Dogs (inventory).

benedict: so u want to trade arma 3 against my sleeping dogs?
FeedMe: ye, but i have key ;( If need see screen
benedict: From where is the key?
FeedMe: i buy from one steam game market
benedict: Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass this time on Arma III. Seems a bit to risky. Anything else you can trade?

My Steam-senses are tingling. Guess I should not take up on his offer?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a person on Steam that wants to trade a key he has for Arma III against my Sleeping Dogs (inventory).

The Russian subs are region-locked so I'd err on the side of caution.

Edit: Here's my unwanted Avencast key:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-2A4368B259FB0946 - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper

Jawmuncher

That sounds like all kinds of wrong. Guarantee it's a ARMA 2 key and not a 3.
Arma 3 hasn't been on sale anywhere close to as cheap as sleeping dogs has.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't understand why this never works for me. It keeps saying "It seems there was a problem with your username or email address."

I had to just set it up so both GMG and PlayFire used the same email address and password for it to go through. Seems there is a bit of conflict in how they send them out if you have any variation between the two.

If you don't have a Playfire account, that's why.

If you do and evrything is the same, bad rats chewing at your internet, keeping you from free games.

hMM Guess I'm skipping story segments then...
How's the gameplay overall?

Very basic and repetitive. The level design is uneven, most areas are small and segmented but a few are relatively open with multiple paths. No level touches the scope the original games or Dishonored had. The stealth mechanics themselves are competent but nothing interesting. (Throw a bottle to distract a guard, stay in the shadows, etc.) There are only three enemy types in the game, and only one of them acts significantly different from the others. The hub world is confusingly designed, I've probably spent an hour or two in them trying to find the exit with the hilariously inaccurate minimap. The music would be generic in any dudebro shooter and feels wildly out of place here. The art design for the city itself is above average, but everything blends together and no part of the city feels distinct. It's just a thoroughly mediocre and unambitious game at its core, I honestly wonder why they bothered making it and who they think it is for.

nai

I had to just set it up so both GMG and PlayFire used the same email address and password for it to go through. Seems there is a bit of conflict in how they send them out if you have any variation between the two.

If you don't have a Playfire account, that's why.

If you do and evrything is the same, bad rats chewing at your internet, keeping you from free games.

I just logged in to my Playfire account and realized that I had to confirm my GMG-account there. So now it worked! :-D

Anteater

It's really fun so far (2,5 hours)! Zelda meets Metroid (duh) meets Nacho Libre movie if it was good (meets memes and references)

yea it took a lot of things from other games and simplified them, some platforming sections remind me of super meat boy too and the skillsets is like viewtiful joe, although it controls different from all of those games, I thought it's pretty cool.

Knurek

uhh, what? No Ultionus keys for Groupees buyers unless you do the following:

Originally posted by DarkFalzX:
If you have purchased a copy of the game through BM11 bundle you can now redeem your Desura key for a Steam Key.
All you have to do is grab the Desura key BM11 provided you with, and email it to:
support@lastdimension.net
with email title "MB11 STEAM KEY REQUEST"

I'll try to accommodate your request as soon as I can.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If only Guerilla had a fun and interesting way to travel around rather than being a boring, lazy excuse of using less assets, Mars. Yes i get it's Mars and red and dusty is the theme, but that doesn't mean it has to look so lifeless, not even real Mars is that plain.

A fun jetpack, super jump, rocket skiing a la Tribes, interesting vehicles, anything. Would make such a difference.

Oh well. Also to anyone getting the game, I really do recommend playing the game on Easy. The difficulty isn't actual proper difficulty any the game, nothing is increased in challenge, it's just the amount of annoyance and spawning of enemies with awful A.I. as you increase their damage and lessen your health with ever increasing response times that does nothing except annoy most every gamer. You lose nothing by playing on easy, you still have plenty of enemies that can kill you, you just want be so frustrated by bad programming and friendly NPCs won't die instantly.

Any word when we'll get keys for Ultionus from BM11?
It's up in Steam now.

They feel scammed by Groupees since they won't get the money they expected, so they won't put them there.

So much drama around keys for greenlit titles lately.

I just got "news" from Groupees - the news is bad. The amount of money they are paying me is mathematically extremely unlikely - as if almost all of the bundles were sold for $1. Simply put - the amount I received is laughable - $0.05 per copy of my game.

I don't have the time or means to go on a truth-seeking expedition into Groupees accounting, so I'll soon be posting an announcement for you guys on the game's main store page. Basically - I'll post an email address where you'll need to send your Steam key requests along with your BM11 Desura key.

Lesson learned: I wouldn't deal with Groupees ever again.

...I feel so scammed: (

From Steam COmmunity

Locust

There's been rumors that some russian traders that bought ROW copies of South Park at russian prices have gotten their accounts restricted. Pretty shitty to punish them just for taking advantage of a badly set up AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries flag, which Valve could've easily fixed in mere hours if they cared.
South Park didn't have the flag at all until 7 days ago. A bit more info here.

They feel scammed by Groupees since they won't get the money they expected, so they won't put them there.

So much drama around keys for greenlit titles lately.

From Steam COmmunity

I wonder what those indie devs are thinking they would get... like 10$ per copy in an PWYW bundle?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-933F8B1934B4E8B7 - Taken by JPizzle84. 2 entrants total.

t1393439346z1.png

Lain

Has anyone used any of their Turd points from IndieGala to enter for poop giveaways on GalaGiveaways.com?

My only use of turd points was to lower some discounted games when applicable on galastore. I don't think I ever entered one of the giveaways with those points, though I could just have forgotten.

Real Time Ultionus Key Situation Update

Personal feelings and Insanely low sales aside - my lash-out against Groupees was inappropriate and unprofessional. I have apologized to the Groupees president, and hope my outburst will be forgiven, so the fans who bought the game through the bundle can just redeem the Steam keys through there.

That was quick

Tizoc

Very basic and repetitive. The level design is uneven, most areas are small and segmented but a few are relatively open with multiple paths. No level touches the scope the original games or Dishonored had. The stealth mechanics themselves are competent but nothing interesting. (Throw a bottle to distract a guard, stay in the shadows, etc.) There are only three enemy types in the game, and only one of them acts significantly different from the others. The hub world is confusingly designed, I've probably spent an hour or two in them trying to find the exit with the hilariously inaccurate minimap. The music would be generic in any dudebro shooter and feels wildly out of place here. The art design for the city itself is above average, but everything blends together and no part of the city feels distinct. It's just a thoroughly mediocre and unambitious game at its core, I honestly wonder why they bothered making it and who they think it is for.

Thanks for the impressions.
Humorously enough, I still think this game is gonna end up among the top 10 NeoGAF GotY 2014 list, like Tomb Raider 2013.

JaseC

There's been rumors that some russian traders that bought ROW copies of South Park at russian prices have gotten their accounts restricted. Pretty shitty to punish them just for taking advantage of a badly set up AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries flag, which Valve could've easily fixed in mere hours if they cared.

I'm rolling my eyes at those trying to get a ROW copy of the game because "the RU sub was retroactively region-locked". Yes, OARIC was removed months ago, but it was re-added when the game was made pre-purchaseable. They don't have a leg to stand on.

yuraya

Thats terrible :( I hope whatever punishment those users face is temporary and not permanent. Most of the blame should fall on Valve and Ubi not traders helping each other out smh.

dot

So any one has played GunZ 2 here ?
Any one facing those long time normal game search problem ?

I played a little bit. I didn't have any problems searching for games. The game is kinda buggy though, last time i played the achievements didn't work.

and thanks Super Inframan for the game!

Stitch

Gold Member
take it, you know you want it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Avencast -- MB-2090A87920C36BBA - Taken by 19Kilo

A little divorced from reality, eh indie dev?

He only got $2000 for his game that no one ever heard of before the bundle. The game which got greenlit partly because of the attention the bundle brought. And he had to do zero work.

What a scam!

A x$/copy calculation is bullshit for digital distribution, especially for smaller indie bundles.

JaseC

Thats terrible :( I hope whatever punishment those users face is temporary and not permanent. Most of the blame should fall on Valve and Ubi not traders helping each other out smh.

It's not Valve's job to clean up after third parties (which is also why Valve refuses to help consumers in these matters) and the traders involved were knowingly exploiting a slightly convoluted loophole. If Ubi had stuffed up and put the ROW sub on Eastern European stores then I'd agree, but considering the situation I can't say I'm shocked that Valve may have taken action against those who benefited the most from Ubi's little oversight.

Thanks for the impressions.
Humorously enough, I still think this game is gonna end up among the top 10 NeoGAF GotY 2014 list, like Tomb Raider 2013.

I don't think so, I'm not hearing many good impressions in the OT. Besides, it's still early in the year. Surely something better has to come out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom