• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thief is so glitchy. I was in a perfectly dark corner then all of the sudden my illumination gem lit up like I was exposed and standing in a well lit area, and I have to reiterate that I was standing in a dark corner. Guards see me through objects like curtains and some walls and come and kill me. Not one of them had a portable light source.

I am so tempted to simply restart on normal so I can simply kill guards and cleave my way through the campaign.

Thief is so glitchy. I was in a perfectly dark corner then all of the sudden my illumination gem lit up like I was exposed and standing in a well lit area, and I have to reiterate that I was standing in a dark corner. Guards see me through objects like curtains and some walls and come and kill me. Not one of them had a portable light source.

I am so tempted to simply restart on normal so I can simply kill guards and cleave my way through the campaign.

I haven't experienced any of that yet personally, in about 4 hours, the audio is really glitchy for me though. Stuff will get locked in to hugely amplified loops that you can hear from the entire area and have to go back to menu, always fun :p.

I saw a guard who was infinitely spinning in a circle. There was also conversation text that looped forever in subtitles when I was in a part of the hub. Very unpolished game.

tjohn86

Turns out I own it lol:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avencast -- MB-2D7AB0538D0A0EC5 - Taken by scorpscarx

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It is really stupid that the reward voucher you get from the Avencast GMG promotion doesn't stack with others...Why use it when you can get an even or greater discount with the coupons that already are on their site...

graywolf323

They feel scammed by Groupees since they won't get the money they expected, so they won't put them there.

So much drama around keys for greenlit titles lately.

From Steam COmmunity

why do these indie devs think the best way to resolve this is to screw over consumers? it's like they want to make things even worse for themselves

edit: good to see they reversed their decision but it still makes them look bad

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That Ultionus dev stuff is hilarious.

41,047 bundles sold. Let's charitably say $50,000 in revenue after the charity payout. Minus bundle owner's cut and processing fees and that's maybe $42,500-45,000 MAXIMUM in payout to devs. Let's assume each game got the same amount of money to start with. There were 10 games in the bundle, of which 7 were in the base bundle and 3 in the Bonus. Ultionus was in the base bundle. Let's assume that distinction is meaningful, and 85% of the payout went to the 7 games in the base bundle (IE half of the payout that would have went to the bonus games went to the base games). Let's further assume that Steam games are worth more than Desura games, and so Ultionus got 50% of the cut it would have got with the rest of the money going to the Steam devs. All of these assumptions also assume that the four musical albums got $0 for their participation.

((50,000 * 0.90 * 0.85) / 7) * 0.5 = $2732 for the dev, or 6.6 cents per copy of the game.

Do any of my assumptions sound insane, untenable, unacceptable, or ridiculous? I don't think so.

The problem was signing up to be in a bundle where there was going to be a low average purchase price and a high number of copies sold. But that's only a problem if you view people as "lost sales" or freeloaders.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It certainly didn't take long for Thief cards to become virtually worthless. Impressive, really, considering game hasn't even unlocked everywhere yet.

Humorously enough, I still think this game is gonna end up among the top 10 NeoGAF GotY 2014 list, like Tomb Raider 2013.
Absolutely meaningless, MGS4 and ME2 topped charts in their respective years I believe.

welcome.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-3F7FCEB85EAAC135 - Taken by Aaron

kurahador

Thanks for the impressions.
Humorously enough, I still think this game is gonna end up among the top 10 NeoGAF GotY 2014 list, like Tomb Raider 2013.

lol...salty much?

Thief is sorta like Hitman Absolution in quality when compared to its predecessor, with Thief managed to be alot worse.

yuraya

It is really stupid that the reward voucher you get from the Avencast GMG promotion doesn't stack with others...Why use it when you can get an even or greater discount with the coupons that already are on their site...

Thanks. I was trying to see if the voucher was stackable but gmg was down for me. Should have known they wouldn't allow it :( was hoping maybe they would lol

ArjanN

If only Guerilla had a fun and interesting way to travel around rather than being a boring, lazy excuse of using less assets, Mars. Yes i get it's Mars and red and dusty is the theme, but that doesn't mean it has to look so lifeless, not even real Mars is that plain.

A fun jetpack, super jump, rocket skiing a la Tribes, interesting vehicles, anything. Would make such a difference.

Oh well. Also to anyone getting the game, I really do recommend playing the game on Easy. The difficulty isn't actual proper difficulty any the game, nothing is increased in challenge, it's just the amount of annoyance and spawning of enemies with awful A.I. as you increase their damage and lessen your health with ever increasing response times that does nothing except annoy most every gamer. You lose nothing by playing on easy, you still have plenty of enemies that can kill you, you just want be so frustrated by bad programming and friendly NPCs won't die instantly.

But Red Faction Guerilla does have a jetpack...

Obvious Avencast giveaway.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Avencast -- MB-E8F604AA879A6C1A - Taken by Declarius

I tried it 10-15 minutes ago and it had not come back yet.

Supports the theory that they got brutally attacked by connections within seconds.

I'm still really wondering about who or what is grabbing Steam keys off the net, on Twitter and such, there must be some pattern recongition because even dropping the key without saying anything else causes it to disappear seconds later. How the hell do they know, couldn't it be a console key or something? A collective AI loves to collect Steam games?

Anyway, changing topics, let's talk about playing games on Steam. I have very limited play time nowadays and recently I beat Beast Boxing Turbo and loved it. 100%'d the thing. Do you guys know of any other games that are similarly accesible and quick to 100%/clear? I may take on those games in between office time...

Hmm. Jade Empire on Amazon (Steam code) for 4 bucks. Hmmmmm....I remember enjoying it a lot when it came out, although I think a lot of people were dissapointed it never hit the same heights as KOTOR.

radMonkey

I just logged in to my Playfire account and realized that I had to confirm my GMG-account there. So now it worked! :-D

The error message could have been more helpful. I'll pass this onto the team so that hopefully it won't be an issue in the future.

Loooooooool I just scanned that QR Code thing in Guacamelee! And not sure if laughing or disappointed.gif

Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later for Motor Rock

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Avencast -- MB-656ACBB753717996 - Taken by Purkake4

up for grabs, enjoy

amdnv

[...]Oh well. Also to anyone getting the game[...]
I disagree with everything you said. Red Faction Guerrilla is one of very few games that I ever finished twice because it's so incredibly entertaining and fun to play. And I finished it twice in a row, first on hard, then on insane.

I absolutely love this game, the atmosphere is great, and the destructiblitiy just doesn't grow old. It's really quite the experience.

def sim

ModBot said:
Instructions for thrillho:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Deponia -- MB-6AFA16C5BAF864B8 - Taken by intheinbetween

it's okay!

I'm not quite sure what was up with registering for that free game from GMG. I gave them my GMG email, picked a username/password, got a link... and the link said "eff off, this isn't the playfire account associated with your steam account".

So I had to go back. Do it again with my PlayFire email... and make a new username? I have no idea what that username and password are for... can someone clue me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom