• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
But Red Faction Guerilla does have a jetpack...

A fun jetpack.Something that isn't just slowly hovering over the desert or simply let me get up higher so I can see the oh so basic skybox and mountains, but something that entirely on it's own without the rest of the game I could have fun messing around with just as I do with web swinging in Spider-Man 2 movie game (or Energy hook), super jumping in Hulk Ultimate Destruction, gliding in Arkham City, etc.

Even Earth Defence Force has had something more enjoyable since the PS2 days when it comes to a jetpack.

I disagree with everything you said. Red Faction Guerrilla is one of very few games that I ever finished twice because it's so incredibly entertaining and fun to play. And I finished it twice in a row, first on hard, then on insane.

I absolutely love this game, the atmosphere is great, and the destructibility just doesn't grow old. It's really quite the experience.

I'm glad you got enjoyment out of it that way, but I simply could not and it's a common suggestion by many due to the nature of the enemy A.I. I agree the destruction is enjoyable and the actual places (multiple buildings) of enemy encounter as you lead a force around are enjoyable, but I saw nothing that was actually beneficial to it being openw orld and simply driving around everywhere. I would have loved bigger set locations full of destructibility as well, the multiplayer was enjoyable for that fact on top of it's normal third person shooter modes, but that barren boring land with less than fulfilling ways to travel just took me out of the fun too often.

I got more out of Just Cause 2 personally for destruction with a fun way to travel, be it grappling hook and parachute or the various vehicles even with the fact the A.I. was just as dumb there and the difficulty is based around health and damage taken too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not quite sure what was up with registering for that free game from GMG. I gave them my GMG email, picked a username/password, got a link... and the link said "eff off, this isn't the playfire account associated with your steam account".

So I had to go back. Do it again with my PlayFire email... and make a new username? I have no idea what that username and password are for... can someone clue me in?

It's not a registration form. You input your GMG account details, including username and password.

It's not a registration form. You input your GMG account details, including username and password.

Ummm, I don't think so. Not the form I filled out, at least.
Usually sign in forms don't make you double type your password.
And sign in forms don't tell you that "username is already taken".

JaseC

Oh, I just assumed it worked for me because my details matched. Aren't GMG and PlayFire accounts interlinked these days? If so I should have been told that my nominated username is in use.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It is both a sign in and a registration forum. If you have a greenmangaming account, you input that (with the same password twice). If you don't, you create a playfire account.

Tizoc

lol...salty much?

Thief is sorta like Hitman Absolution in quality when compared to its predecessor, with Thief managed to be alot worse.

Nah not really. Mind you I enjoyed TR from what I played but in the end I just didn't feel satisfied with it like TR Anniversary which I played BEFORE TR 2013.

I suspect the same with Thief; I may enjoy it but won't think its that remarkable.

Mind you I'm never salty about GAF's GotY picks, I mostly find them funny.

It is both a sign in and a registration forum. If you have a greenmangaming account, you input that (with the same password twice). If you don't, you create a playfire account.

Ah, ok. I wonder where my username of "ridiculoushoops" is registered then? :lol

--

I see something about Ultionus keys? I have the BM11 bundle -- are there steam keys for that somewhere now?

Tizoc

Oh BTW, what's the current discount code for Gamersgate? They got Puzzle Agent 2 for 2.49 and I wanna get it from there. (Unless there's cheaper?)

JaseC

Oh BTW, what's the current discount code for Gamersgate? They got Puzzle Agent 2 for 2.49 and I wanna get it from there. (Unless there's cheaper?)

There isn't one. GamersGate cut ties with Elder Geek and G2PO yonks ago.

Is Europa Universalis IV worth picking up for $7.99? I want to get it for an alternative to Civ V but I have a funny feeling there might be an all-in-one bundled game in the near future.

Tizoc

I already have 99 Spirits, so have it GAF:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-1413DAF908CDF6F3
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-BDFAA00639DDA2C9

t1393530561z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is Europa Universalis IV worth picking up for $7.99? I want to get it for an alternative to Civ V but I have a funny feeling there might be an all-in-one bundled game in the near future.

If it's anything like how CKII has been, there will be DLC for two years and counting.

Still really damn good though, Paradox Grand Strategy is quite the intoxicating experience once you get past the first few layers of menus and understand what the game expects of you. CKII and EUIV are the easiest yet.

deejay

Am I the only one who's having this bug in Firefox with Enhanced Steam ? I want to check the specials (133 items, http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1) and I only get to see the first page. I can't browse to other pages because the links disappear as soon as ES activates. Very annoying. And no problems if I'm not using it.
This happens on every page that has multiple pages/links on the bottom.

Help ?

JaseC

Am I the only one who's having this bug in Firefox with Enhanced Steam ? I want to check the specials (133 items, http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1) and I only get to see the first page. I can't browse to other pages because the links disappear as soon as ES activates. Very annoying. And no problems if I'm not using it.

Help ?

You have "Enable continuous scrolling of search results" enabled. What this does is automatically append the next page of search results to the list when you scroll to the very bottom of the page, but it can be a bit finicky when Valve's servers are under stress or otherwise in a spot of bother. You can disable the option by clicking Tools -> Addons -> Options (opposite Enhanced Steam 5.x).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Who would have thought a bootleg-ass videogame developer had terrible servers? I need my RNRR bootleg.

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member

Help ?

What versions are you on? Using FF27 and ES 5.9 I find that the list correctly loads each subsequent page on scrolling.

Almighty

Well worth it. EU4 and CKII are some of the games I have enjoyed the most in the last couple of years. As for the bundle I don't know, but if it follows a similar path as CKII they will be releasing new DLC for it for years.

Kiru

Did you get a key? It just gives me a "Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" error.

Oh didn't know that. Thought it would be ok because the site at least loads fine. I got my key yesterday and there's no way to get another one with one steam account.

Firebrand

Where is it $8? Might bite at that price.

Well worth it. EU4 and CKII are some of the games I have enjoyed the most in the last couple of years. As for the bundle I don't know, but if it follows a similar path as CKII they will be releasing new DLC for it for years.
I really want to get back into CK2 and I've been picking up DLC after DLC for it, but I'm somehow intimidated by going back into it despite having played it for 30+ hours. Doesn't help that everyone is super aggressive when playing Norse in the Old Gods expansion :p

Grief.exe

Thanks for the thread, grief.

Sure, glad to do it!

right stick aiming in RE4?

One of the Capcom employees posted a FAQ on the Steam Community page

Q: I hear the game now natively supports mouse controls How does it work?
A: Traversal: Mouse movement will be used to free-roam camera view during traversal while WASD keys controls character movement on the map (keys are remappable).

Shooting mechanics: Hold down the right-click button to enter aim mode. During aim-mode, mouse movement will be used to control the laser pointer. Simply point the laser to the desired target and tap left-click to fire. Same for knifing - hold Space bar and tap left-click. Really simple.

The controller probably works similarly. Right stick looks around somewhat during movement, hit a button to go into aim-mode and the right stick controls the shot.

Where is it $8? Might bite at that price.

I really want to get back into CK2 and I've been picking up DLC after DLC for it, but I'm somehow intimidated by going back into it despite having played it for 30+ hours. Doesn't help that everyone is super aggressive when playing Norse in the Old Gods expansion :p

30+ hours? Now is my chance to brag:
and to restart and old trend once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom