• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay

You have "Enable continuous scrolling of search results" enabled. What this does is automatically append the next page of search results to the list when you scroll to the very bottom of the page, but it can be a bit finicky when Valve's servers are under stress or otherwise in a spot of bother. You can disable the option by clicking Tools -> Addons -> Options (opposite Enhanced Steam 5.x).

Thanks, that fixed it :)

r3n4ud

Has anyone heard of or played this Iron Souls game? It looks mediocre at best but I was hoping for some opinions.

Avoid! Not a good game at all. Picked it up on Desura some time ago and wish I could sell it back to them. The game is dull, empty, and flat out boring. The voice acting is hilariously bad as well. Overall, the game is a stinker :/

Anteater

Got my free game, is it ...any good?

saoirseshrug8njimrkygb.gif

Avoid! Not a good game at all. Picked it up on Desura some time ago and wish I could sell it back to them. The game is dull, empty, and flat out boring. The voice acting is hilariously bad as well. Overall, the game is a stinker :/

I hope this game was released 5 minutes ago. Looking at the stats, there is only 3 people playing it at the time and that is the peak.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GoGr4dH.png[/IMG]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope this game was released 5 minutes ago. Looking at the stats, there is only 3 people playing it at the time and that is the peak.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GoGr4dH.png[/IMG]

Yeah, it released just four hours ago.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The less games I put on my wishlist, the better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up, what did I miss?

oh new indie royale... new indie gala... too many fucking bundles! >_<

This is the second time the site has died, so sure.

GamersGate. I wish it'd go for 75% off on Steam itself already.

I supre hope so about Motor Rock.

Why on Steam itself? Don't want to buy from gamersgate?

Anyone else not able to get their Steam key for Eleusis from IndieRoyale?

Yeah, mine was busted. It's fixed now. Try again.

--

What's the deal with Ultionus and steam keys, someone -- anyone?

just woke up, what did I miss?

oh new indie royale... new indie gala... too many fucking bundles! >_<

QUIET YOU.

Saty

How do they pull numbers for those games anyhow? Steam lists only the top 100 most played. How do you access the data for all the rest?

Ajay Devgan likes playing cops.
I imagine his contract negotiations go something like this:
Movie Producer: We want you to be in this film.
AD: Will I be a cop?
MP: Yes.
AD: Will I be incredibly badass?
MP: We've got all sorts of physics defying set pieces specifically designed to make you look like the baddest mofo in the world.
AD: Where do I sign?

I disagree with everything you said. Red Faction Guerrilla is one of very few games that I ever finished twice because it's so incredibly entertaining and fun to play. And I finished it twice in a row, first on hard, then on insane.

I absolutely love this game, the atmosphere is great, and the destructiblitiy just doesn't grow old. It's really quite the experience.
it is my game of the generation. Such amazing destruction! The game reminded me of Driver PSX a lot!!

RFG should ONLY be played on easy difficulty. The game simply isn't any fun on normal or hard

Started playing through Thief II again, and I'm reminded why I disliked it in the first place.

I had previously done a runthrough of the game many years back, and remembered it was plodding, prone to glitches and wonky pathfinding. My opinion hasn't changed - tried running the first mission ("Running Interference") again, and got fed up. Guards are morons who repeat the same lines over and over again, Basso kept getting stuck on various walls and doorways, and I found it to be a chore going around with the slow walking speed. I eventually went into the user.cfg file, added a couple cheat codes and went around slaughtering guards. Not to mention the constant running up and down stairs and through tight rooms gave me a headache.

On to Deadly Shadows.

Almighty

Where is it $8? Might bite at that price.

I really want to get back into CK2 and I've been picking up DLC after DLC for it, but I'm somehow intimidated by going back into it despite having played it for 30+ hours. Doesn't help that everyone is super aggressive when playing Norse in the Old Gods expansion :p

Yeah the Old Gods start can be brutal. Especially if you live on the coast. Though if you play as Norse it is fun looting, pillaging, and conquering, but man do I hate gavelkind.

30+ hours? Now is my chance to brag:
and to restart and old trend once again

Finally someone else who knows the greatness that is CKII Here's my play time
7kd2q88.png

So close to breaking 500.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
QUIET YOU.

no! this is what happens when theres so many bundles frost...this is what happens!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arcane Worlds -- MB-38916B3E078C3544 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-645CA9134F39E1B1 - Taken by adriano999. 3 entrants total.

t1393448932z1.png

Is Renegade-X the first non-Steam game that partially integrates with Steam when it's installed outside of Steam? I installed the standalone version and just started it up to see that it was using my Steam username and was using Steam's in-game overlay.

JaseC

Valve just updated the Famling Sharing config: the maximum amount of authorised accounts per system has been cut in half, from 10 to 5. You can still share your account on up to 10 systems, though.

:(

Hope they get more keys.

Noooo. Need my terrible clones.

I want a motor rock key :(

I know... I'll keep checking as I have time and if I get one, I'll post up in here.

no! this is what happens when theres so many bundles frost...this is what happens!

You act like charity to SteamGAF is a bad thing... :p
Speaking of, if I could ever get my friend to look through my list of extra keys, I should have a TON of stuff for a giveaway.

nampad

Valve just updated the Famling Sharing config: the maximum amount of authorised accounts per system has been cut in half, from 10 to 5. You can still share your account on up to 10 systems, though.

It sounded too good to be true. 5 accounts is a little bit too small in my opinion.

I'm confused on how this works, so 5 can be authorized at a time to play your library but you can have 10 total systems to choose 5 at a time to play?

It sounded too good to be true. 5 accounts is a little bit too small in my opinion.

I am in a family of 8 but I am guessing father mother and 2 younger sisters wouldn't play any games. So in theory i would only need 3 shares. (My 3 older brothers would also not want to share)

Started playing through Thief II again, and I'm reminded why I disliked it in the first place.

I had previously done a runthrough of the game many years back, and remembered it was plodding, prone to glitches and wonky pathfinding. My opinion hasn't changed - tried running the first mission ("Running Interference") again, and got fed up. Guards are morons who repeat the same lines over and over again, Basso kept getting stuck on various walls and doorways, and I found it to be a chore going around with the slow walking speed. I eventually went into the user.cfg file, added a couple cheat codes and went around slaughtering guards. Not to mention the constant running up and down stairs and through tight rooms gave me a headache.

On to Deadly Shadows.

You probably shouldn't bother with Deadly Shadows then.

JaseC

I'm confused on how this works, so 5 can be authorized at a time to play your library but you can have 10 total systems to choose 5 at a time to play?

You can authorise up to 5 separate accounts on the one system with which to share your library. Concurrent game access isn't permitted; if a secondary user is playing a game and you jump in one yourself, he/she will be booted out after a short warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom