• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a change made recently that, if you log into Steam client from a second location, the first location no longer gets locked?

I opened Steam on my work computer yesterday to redeem some keys, and I noticed that, when I got home, Steam was still running normally on my PC (without the dialog box that locks the client and asks you to re-enter password)

Yeah, they updated it when In-Home streaming came out. So you can basically log into all your computers at the same time.

...Now if there was only a way to get the categories to sync as well...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated for Opera 12 users to version 1.3. This new version incorporates a few new features from the Chrome version, as well as fixes a bug that caused highlighting to previously stop working.

You can download Enhanced Steam for Opera 12 directly from Opera, or it should update automatically if you had a previous version installed.

As always, let me know if you encounter any bugs with this release.

Arthea

Okami's biggest problem is the interminable gibberish voiced exposition dump at the start.

It starts very slow, but that's not Okami's problem, I want to love this game, I really do, it seems like almost an ideal game, I just can't finish it, or it's too long, or too repetitive (I mean combat mostly), don't know for sure what's wrong with, but something is off. I've played original, dropped near the middle, played HD on PSN, dropped in second half and couldn't force myself to finish it.
It looks adorable, and it has so much things to do, lots of collectibles, some minigames, bunch of sidequests, painting skills are to die for. If it were to come to steam, I probably would try to play it again. It just not possible to hate it really. (><)
edited: may be too much of backtracking makes it not as fun as it has right to be.

derExperte

Okami's biggest problem is the interminable gibberish voiced exposition dump at the start.

And it's too long overall.

Enhanced Steam has been updated for Opera 12 users to version 1.3. This new version incorporates a few new features from the Chrome version, as well as fixes a bug that caused highlighting to previously stop working.

You can download Enhanced Steam for Opera 12 directly from Opera, or it should update automatically if you had a previous version installed.

As always, let me know if you encounter any bugs with this release.

Excellent, thanks.

FloatOn

Can I just say that I fucking love that the PC is a giant catch all of every non-exclusive game to ever exist?

You want to go back and play games from whenever? GOG has you covered.
Want to play everything else with better performance? Steam

oh and by the way even the games that you would have thought would have stayed on console and mobile platforms those are on Steam too.

basically there isn't a reason to play games on anything other than a pc.

my stupid ps3 is collecting dust. I really want to play the last of us and demon souls but damn son the pc gaming experience is just too good.

Can I just say that I fucking love that the PC is a giant catch all of every non-exclusive game to ever exist?

oh and by the way even the games that you would have thought would have stayed on console and mobile platforms those are on Steam too.

my stupid ps3 is collecting dust. I really want to play the last of us and demon souls but damn son the pc gaming experience is just too good.

That past year has been really flipping great for Steam releases. I've been meaning to play LoU as well, but can't even be bothered to turn on the PS3 since GTA5.

FloatOn

That past year has been really flipping great for Steam releases. I've been meaning to play LoU as well, but can't even be bothered to turn on the PS3 since GTA5.

same story here, I only bought the ps3 to play gta5.

I grabbed ps+ back when it was 30 dollars and I've played brothers for free. I also have ICO and shadow of the colossus hd to play but I can't seem to drum up the interest.

Grief.exe

It starts very slow, but that's not Okami's problem, I want to love this game, I really do, it seems like almost an ideal game, I just can't finish it, or it's too long, or too repetitive (I mean combat mostly), don't know for sure what's wrong with, but something is off. I've played original, dropped near the middle, played HD on PSN, dropped in second half and couldn't force myself to finish it.
It looks adorable, and it has so much things to do, lots of collectibles, some minigames, bunch of sidequests, painting skills are to die for. If it were to come to steam, I probably would try to play it again. It just not possible to hate it really. (><)
edited: may be too much of backtracking makes it not as fun as it has right to be.

I looked up the how long to beat for Okami and I could not believe how long that game is.

Exactly! We can run games from any era, after the cobsoles have been long dead. It actually pains me when a multiplatform game isn't on PC.
And they, usually, scale forward with technology. Higher resolutions, frame rates, etc.

Not to mention we have more exclusives than the consoles, and with indie gaming exploding, we have more than ever before.

B-b-but comfy couch, PS+ and PC driver issues?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

At the rate things are going I:
-won't ever buy a vita
-will buy a WiiU later this year since GF will use it too
-buy a PS4 in like 3 years when it has like 10 exclusives I want (if it can even reach that number by then)

Literally 90% of my 360 is Halo + Gears of War due to the ridiculous slew of late ports replacing 360 versions.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Okami is like a trilogy in a single game, better to look at it this way. It literally looks like the game is ending at a couple of points.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've been meaning to sell mine. I haven't touched it since Gears 3 released.

Gears Judgement was a better campaign than 2/3 in my book. Worth checking out the next time it hits 15$ for sure. Gears 1 has one of the best TPS campaigns ever though. Beat that shit like 4-5 times which is one of the highest completion rates for me ever.

Why would you do that to yourself?

It's good zone out/listen to music material. I did the same for Fable 3.

If these previews don't sell you on Cloudbuilt, nothing will
http://www.awesomeoutof10.com/games/cloudbuilt-impressions/
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/cloudbuilt-hands-on-a-speedrunners-dream/
CloudBuilt-wallrun-610x343.jpg
Clouduilt1.png
Also one of the developers is a GAFfer (Keasar)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gears Judgement was a better campaign than 2/3 in my book. Worth checking out the next time it hits 15$ for sure. Gears 1 has one of the best TPS campaigns ever though. Beat that shit like 4-5 times which is one of the highest completion rates for me ever.

I played through Judgement with a mate a few months ago or so and didn't care much for it, really. I haven't actually finished 3 as I found it be a rather dull experience solo, but there's no need for me to hang on to my X360 when I can just co-op the game at a mate's place if I ever develop the desire.

Turfster

I've been meaning to sell mine. I haven't touched it since Gears 3 released.

My first gen 360 is now so worthless I'm not even going to bother trying to sell it, even though I only used it to play like, 5 games. I'll just move it to my museum of consoles I almost never played.

rtcn63

Gears Judgement was a better campaign than 2/3 in my book. Worth checking out the next time it hits 15$ for sure. Gears 1 has one of the best TPS campaigns ever though. Beat that shit like 4-5 times which is one of the highest completion rates for me ever..

Gears Judgement was made by the People Can Fly fellas, who also made Bulletstorm, so if you haven't played that, go do so.

I'm still partway through Gears 2. Playing on an SDTV just makes everything less enjoyable, so I haven't got around to finishing.

derExperte

My first gen 360 is now so worthless I'm not even going to bother trying to sell it, even though I only used it to play like, 5 games. I'll just move it to my museum of consoles I almost never played.

It's probably dead anyway, 95% of all launch 360s are. And goddamn were these things loud, I bought one, played GTA4 and The Darkness 1 (so good) and sold it right away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Judging from a cursory glance on eBay I should be able to flog the lot off for $150~$200 (I have around 20 games I can include with the console itself). I'll probably just list it locally first, though, to avoid having to juggle postage costs.

Turfster

It's probably dead anyway, 95% of all launch 360s are. And goddamn were these things loud, I bought one, played GTA4 and The Darkness 1 (so good) and sold it right away.

Oh mine's still alive (it hasn't even been used what, 50 hours I think, after all), but yeah, the fact that it's a jet engine even when doing pretty much nothing didn't really make me want to play games on it.

Judging from a cursory glance on eBay I should be able to flog it off for $150~$200 (I have around 20 games I can include with the console itself). I'll probably just list it locally first, though, to avoid having to juggle postage costs.

Wow, yeah, no.
I can get maybe half that, making it really not worth it.

Resisting the purchase for Vita redeemed. YES.

I still don't understand the appeal of OlliOlli to begin with, let alone the desire to play it on PC. It seems more suited to a handheld than the big screen to me.

I won't, I already have it. Want more money? You know what to do.

I still regret purchasing it. I'm not sure why I thought I could handle the gibberish. I will never buy Okami again unless it has the option Tearaway has for turning off the voices only without killing the rest of the sound effects.

You can skip it in the Wii version, IIRC

That's great, but it doesn't remove the gibberish from the game.

I looked up the how long to beat for Okami and I could not believe how long that game is.

It's 3 games stitched together.

-won't ever buy a vita
-buy a PS4 in like 3 years when it has like 10 exclusives I want (if it can even reach that number by then)

Literally 90% of my 360 is Halo + Gears of War due to the ridiculous slew of late ports replacing 360 versions.

My 360 collects dust. My gold sub has lapsed. The only reason I would boot it previously was for Netflix, but now that I have no gold, it's basically sitting there in case I ever want to play Rockband or one of the few XBLA games that haven't made it to PC yet... which is never, considering I'm always playing Vita/PC.

Vita is great in terms of portability and content. Having mobile Spelunky makes it worth the purchase price on it's own, not to mention stuff like TxK, Hotline Miami, etc. It's really an amazing little system.

As far as PS4 goes, I'm with you... I'll let my PS+ accumulate a ton of PS4 content and wait for a price drop & redesign while the exclusives pile up.

Okami is like a trilogy in a single game, better to look at it this way. It literally looks like the game is ending at a couple of points.

Yeah, I always found that annoying... Especially when it "ends" the 2nd time...

-won't ever buy a vita

You should get a Vita.

Jawmuncher

I could never drop console or portable gaming. Just because japan still hasn't gotten their act together about releasing PC versions. Though we are closer than ever before at this point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have both a Vita and a 3DS XL. Both systems are great, and both have a good library of great games (though I would argue that the 3DS library is quite a bit better since it also plays DS games).

But then again, I also have an Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U. While not exactly "collecting dust", my kids usually play on them far more than I do. I'm usually on the PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You should get a Vita.

Any reason why? Barring Uncharted there are pretty much zero exclusives that interest me on the platform and a lot that did are moving to PC (Ass Creed, Batman, Olli Olli). Sony doesn't seem to be putting many studios on it either.

I get far more mileage out of my iPad and it actually probably has more exclusives that interest me too.

Turfster

I have both a Vita and a 3DS XL. Both systems are great, and both have a good library of great games (though I would argue that the 3DS library is quite a bit better since it also plays DS games).

But then again, I also have an Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U. While not exactly "collecting dust", my kids usually play on them far more than I do. I'm usually on the PC.

Vita has pretty much the entire PS1 and PSP library (or at least, it does for us Euros), making it >>>>>>>>>>>>> a 3DS ;)

Knurek

<3 <3 <3
You're the bestest.
Wish Valve would hire you already.
<3 <3 <3

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With each day I become more and more convinced that the Vita is just a pyramid scheme and everyone who recommends one is doing so because they've been told it's their only way out of this hole.

jshackles

Vita has pretty much the entire PS1 library (or at least, it does for us Euros), making it >>>>>>>>>>>>> a 3DS ;)

I'd agree with you, if I could take my PS1 discs and put them into my Vita and play them. :)

<3 <3 <3
You're the bestest.
Wish Valve would hire you already.
<3 <3 <3

I wish they would too. I'm honestly about to be unemployed.

kudoboi

anyone else still have issues with thief? the game still doesn't show up on my profile and i still cannot craft the trading cards. hell i didn't even receive them until a few minutes ago even though i had been playing the past few days

anyone else still have issues with thief? the game still doesn't show up on my profile and i still cannot craft the trading cards. hell i didn't even receive them until a few minutes ago even though i had been playing the past few days

Maybe someone's.. stealing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom