• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Now in the past I'd given away codes to duplicate games to friends. Is it possible, that with the older bundles, once I gave a friend a code for some of the beat the average games and they added more before the end of the sale that the codes ended up associated with my friend?

Did that bundle have one single key for every tier?

New Payday 2 DLC (free): http://store.steampowered.com/app/284430/

I should get back to the game one day but fear it's to late and no one wants to play with a low-level player.

Volimar

Loaded it up saw "lane defense game for PC and MOBILE" all interest was lost.
I have been playing on and off the first Warhammer Dawn of War and it's a damn great RTS. Can't wait to get to Dawn of War 2 and Space Marine.

Every warhammer game makes me think it's a hex based turn based strategy game till I look at the specifics.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome: Total War -- MB-9F2F2FB5ED560CE9 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 17 entrants total.
Gentleman! -- MB-07B5D856DD7F8202 - Taken by Scipius. 13 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-D75AF3956C1F77F1 - Taken by Abomination. 15 entrants total.
Blockland -- MB-AE3026FA92672ADC - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-ACFF625F2987A07B - Taken by Intheflorsh. 19 entrants total.
Eleusis -- MB-4C2A0CF0C9087F65 - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 13 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-345967B96F38C272 - Taken by drakaenae. 10 entrants total.
AI War Collection -- MB-E1564C0DA2E28CE0 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 7 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-89018CE0375ED71E - Taken by topyy. 14 entrants total.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-C7D5A6E252C9A1F0 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 11 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-F7A26A3F8EE798EB - Taken by Evrain. 8 entrants total.
Mutant Storm Reloaded -- MB-09C5F1DA5925EEEC - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-C03AB4B832DE3B3A - Taken by bronson. 7 entrants total.

t1393533534z1.png

tumblr_n0scmmFHYw1sycuvlo1_r1_500.gif

Turfster

thats the vibe i'm getting from those screenshots

pity

The most rage-inducing thing is this:
Storm of Vengeance tells the story of a pivotal moment in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, during the legendary planetary conflict on Piscina IV. Featuring two of Games Workshop's most cherished characters, Grand Master Belial and Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka, Storm of Vengeance offers the player the chance to command the tenacious defence of the planet with only 100 Dark Angel Space Marines, or attempt it’s annihilation using the cunning of the Ork Waaagh! and their telly-porta technology.

Was this really the best way to bring us the Battle of Koth Ridge, Games Workshop?
Really?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there any way to check the subid of a game in your library, to gauge whether or not you have the censored version? For example, Left 4 Dead 2 has two different subids (not appids, that's the same) depending on your region: one for AU censored, one for US uncensored. If someone were to have a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 but unsure which region it originates from, is there a way to check that subid without installing/playing the game and trying to find the uncensored content manually?

Tizoc

I'd agree with you, if I could take my PS1 discs and put them into my Vita and play them. :)

I wish they would too. I'm honestly about to be unemployed.

jshackles have you SEEN the Japanese PSN Store's Vita compatible games? It's like 3x times more than the EU and US Store's to top it off their PC Engine/TurboGraifx 16 games are Vita compatible too.

HoosTrax

Is there any way to check the subid of a game in your library, to gauge whether or not you have the censored version? For example, Left 4 Dead 2 has two different subids (not appids, that's the same) depending on your region: one for AU censored, one for US uncensored. If someone were to have a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 but unsure which region it originates from, is there a way to check that subid without installing/playing the game and trying to find the uncensored content manually?
If you look at your subscription listing (https://store.steampowered.com/account/), then sometimes it will list in parenthesis if it's not the RoW / US version.

The_Monk

Rebellion tweeted something about not picking up the Nazi Zombie Army games in the next half hour 23 minutes ago. Hmm...

Always wanted to try that but it might be under a BTA (in case they are talking about the Bundle)... Hmm, let's wait one more hour for a good ol' Turfster post and hope for the best!

wazoo

I bet QLOC's next port starts with "D" and ends with "ragon's Dogma".

Qloc will be unemployed until a few ps4 Capcom games come out.

So, they have to port Okami HD and Dragon Dogma.

UMvsC3 is out of question, they lost the licence.

derExperte

Zombie Army weekend.

Deadfall Adventures 50% off (he, noticed a change in the registry yesterday and wanted to suggest that it could get a deal but forgot)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

As has been said, generally if there are region-specific subs they're marked as such. I do wish Valve would add sub ids to the account history page.

Jawmuncher

Daily Mass Effect 2 75% off
Weekend
  • Nazi Zombie Army 1 & 2 75% off
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 40% off

40% come on namco you were at 50% holiday 2013 on your store.
Well should bold well for the summer sale at least 66% as a daily with 50% as the regular sale.

Almighty

How is EUIV? I love Crusader Kings 2 but was so confused by EUIII.

Pretty good. I was the exact same way loved CK2 but couldn't get into EUIII at all. Luckily EUIV was a lot easier to figure out and is pretty enjoyable. Enough that I was able to put in about 60 hours into it so far. It doesn't quite compare to the magnificence of Crusader Kings 2 in my book but then not much does.

And another Payday 2 DLC. Instead of fixing the game they deliver another bullshit DLC.

And also why showing it on the front page? Its a free DLC after all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you look at your subscription listing (https://store.steampowered.com/account/), then sometimes it will list in parenthesis if it's not the RoW / US version.

As has been said, generally if there are region-specific subs they're marked as such. I do wish Valve would add sub ids to the account history page.

Cheers. Sadly my situation is a bit unique (eg: review code sometimes uses a different entry in account history), so unless I can check the subid there's going to be some titles where I can't tell until I play.

kiyomi

Does Mass Effect include the 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC? I only see "additional content" mentioned on the store page.

Thanks!

Jawmuncher

EA just come back to steam already.
Your few games that are on steam are on sale every other week. Wouldn't be surprised if those have made you more money than the entirety of origin.

Knurek

jshackles, not sure how easy it'd be to fix, but with Enhanced Steam 1.3 for Opera, the 'remove owned games from wishlist' option simply does nothing.
Not a big deal if it's not an easy fix, I have Chrome with your extension installed just for that function.

Dr Dogg

Flipping hell, I thought Resi 4 was unlocking today so chipped off work early only to find out it's tomorrow (well at least a midnight release for a change).

Oh well back to Dragon's Dogma then. Maybe in 10 years time we'll get a Steam-port of that game.

EA just come back to steam already.
Your few games that are on steam are on sale every other week. Wouldn't be surprised if those have made you more money than the entirety of origin.

That is quite possible. The Origin marketplace reminds me a lot of the Games for Windows Live Marketplace. There's barely any games getting released on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom