• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

When I was a kid, I thought 3 things meant you had made it. Having a kitchen island, having an ottoman for your feet, and having your own pool table.

Firebrand

Just beat the Swapper. Good game. Would have been nice with some variety to the puzzles perhaps, but a couple of them made my brain hurt enough as it is. Also a bit straining on the eyes with mostly dark backgrounds, garish red / blue / purple lights and then blur effects on top of that.

Guacamelee next I suppose. Reaaaally tempted to pick up Strider though.

BruteUA

We got so few lightgun FPS out there it's almost a shame to let Rambo go to waste.

ALMOST.

I'm still bummed that Lethal Enforcers, Area 51, and Point Blank never made it to the Wii. I do have a couple of nice gun shells and Ghost Squad, Target: Terror, and House of the Dead. Maybe if VR catches on they can get them on Steam.

I was interested in Rambo, but Major Mayhem does it better anyway for 10% of the price.

Anyone wanna split a Double Dragon Bro-Pack?

It comes down to $4.29/ 3.128e a copy if we get it from RU factoring in the 15% tax that comes with using the marketplace.

Obviously if anyone knows of a way to get it at a lower price than the one above, we can try that instead.

Evrain

Are the Sniper Elite Zombie games pretty fun to play alone?

Basically, will it be like L4D playing alone?
I own the first one, and well, I liked it. I played it the most stealthy way possible, strictly using the scoper weapons, and it's a repetitive but atmospheric shooter. For such a small price, I'd get it.
And no, it's not like L4D...

fantomena

Haha.

original.jpg

Arthea

is Deadfall fun? How's singleplay? How big is download?
Anybody plays it? I think I never heard about it before, or forgot entirely.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

It comes down to $4.29/ 3.128e a copy if we get it from RU factoring in the 15% tax that comes with using the marketplace.

Obviously if anyone knows of a way to get it at a lower price than the one above, we can try that instead.

i would be down for it!

can you get a russian bro-pack?

nobody on tf2outpost offers them...

Yes. Let's do it. PM me details.

Just saw this too:

So celebrate the Steam love with us, and let us fund your game addiction! One lucky winner will receive $500 to spend on Steam

That would be great. If I win I would donate $400 in Steam games for Steam-GAF during the Summer sale, how amazing would that be!

Pretty amazing, I think you should email them and tell about your plan, they can afford another 500$ to you!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey guys. anything happen today, any games to past bundles, any new bundles, any meteors heading to earth?

this sleeping all day ater graveyard shifts shit sucks for keeping up with news :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can I play Thief early by going through a VPN (with Spotflux)? I'm in Europe.

Absotively.

Downsides? Things to keep in mind?

The free version of Spotflux imposes a small ad in browsers, but nothing overly intrusive. And as usual, blah blah using a VPN is technically against the SSA but to date there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve taking issue with people using one to just activate region-locked keys or unlock a game earlier than intended blah blah.

Edit: Oh, and you'll need to keep the VPN active for your in-game status on Steam to stick. Spotflux has no session limits, though, so this isn't a problem.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
CAPCPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
PUT THIS ON STEAM AND I WILL GET IT DAY 1!

OK people, I want impressions of this game before I drop 8 smackers on this sucker and spend a weekend getting wasted.

Just looking back to see if The Yawhg was mentioned at all. I bought it a while back before it got through Green Light and played it a couple times then, got a Steam key emailed and I don't remember that ever being mentioned on the site at the time of purchase so that's a nice bonus.

I enjoyed it but there isn't a lot to it. It's very short and more interactive story than game. Great music, very nice art, story holds it together well enough. It's best played with a group of people in a room if you can swing it or on a Skype call. There are multiple different outcomes so there's something to keep you coming but you can play through the whole thing in about half an hour.

Absotively.

The free version of Spotflux imposes a small ad in browsers, but nothing overly intrusive. And as usual, blah blah using a VPN is technically against the SSA but to date there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve taking issue with people using one to just activate region-locked keys or unlock a game earlier than intended blah blah.

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

Semi bummed that RE4 unlocks tomorrow and I won't have time to try until Monday.

Guacamelee is killing my hands: The warp-between-dimensions button maybe works with 360 controller, but not with PS3 controller, especially when you need to hold triangle at the same time. Excellent game otherwise.

Maybe Capcom will add Biohazard 5 eventually...

BIOHAZARD 5 / Resident Evil 5

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sparkle 2 Evo is the last game in the blink bundle and Swarm Arena added to the flying bundle (let me guess, this is old news)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Semi bummed that RE4 unlocks tomorrow and I won't have time to try until Monday.

Guacamelee is killing my hands: The warp-between-dimensions button maybe works with 360 controller, but not with PS3 controller, especially when you need to hold triangle at the same time. Excellent game otherwise.

Maybe Capcom will add Biohazard 5 eventually...

BIOHAZARD 5 / Resident Evil 5

It really doesn't. That game encourages the good ol claw grip with its button layout. Love the game but that's a bit of a flaw.

Grief.exe

Is there any reason why Capcom does not use the name, Resident Evil, in Japan? Does the phrase not make sense in Japanese?

It was the other way around, they could not trademark the term 'Biohazard' outside of Japan.

Using VPN can potentially bite you in the ass at some point, I would just wait.

It has never bit anyone in the ass.

The only way to get in trouble with Valve while using a VPN is buying games across regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom