• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

You probably have two (or more) typing languages/types of keyboard installed on Windows. I, for instance, have Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese on my computer, so that's there.

It shoudl also be on windows bar, by your docked applications, by the clock.

Left Shift+Left Alt will cycle through them on any focused application.

I'd say you'll have to remove the different languages/keyboard inputs that you don't use in Windows.

Weeellllll, kind of a late answer, but I just got back from the worst work day of the last couple of years.

I've checked it and, as expected, I just have Italian layout set up. I've tried adding (and enabling) the EN_US one and also forcing EN_US for everything system-wise (it was already like this, but I tried again) and nothing, I still get that tooltip.

I guess I'll have to live with it, but ugh, I really don't know what's the point of that. :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To my knowledge the majority of the time they handle it manually through the registry.

You are exactly right, I'm just regurgitating what the Capcom developer has been saying.

m4N6MMI.png

For the sake of preparation, let's assume that the Capcom dev is on point and there's going to be slightly staggered rollout. Since the rollout window is small I'd advise against using FlyVPN since it can be a pain in the arse to get a slot; instead, use inCloak, a service which offers a free 24-hour trial and has servers in the UK and NZ. For those new to this, you may need to restart Steam after connecting to the VPN (type "what's my ip" into Google and ensure it has changed) for "Pre-load" to switch to "Play", and I'd recommend staying connected while in-game as otherwise your status may change and this can cause issues with achievements (they might not unlock) and cards (they might not drop).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Kairo -- MB-1F3F16E9D3C5BD14 - Taken by zeroOman. 30 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-CB1A58DB3F45154C - Taken by Evrain. 25 entrants total.
Vox -- MB-56E35FF888D73A4E - Taken by drakaenae. 13 entrants total.
Mutant Storm Reloaded -- MB-9270AF86893A672D - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-163D45C831E80F28 - Taken by Japle. 30 entrants total.

t1393546989z1.png

Backlogger

Hm. Continuing a Shadowrun Returns savegame after the update is kinda fucked up.
I lost my runners and can hire new ones, but I also lost the money I paid for those older runners, so I can't even buy replacements.

Hmm, I am not far into the game, but this is making me want to buy the DLC before going any further

Turfster

Hmm, I am not far into the game, but this is making me want to buy the DLC before going any further

Has nothing to do with having the DLC or not.
The release of the DLC meant they updated the engine of the original game to match that, including the save anywhere functionality. Apparently, this also means they need to reimport the older system's saves and convert them to the new system, which is where I ran into my problem.

Scipius

This includes all the DLC as well:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AI War Collection -- MB-24F4A6292AF50C2A - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.

t1393547710z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So again, is there a guide for this? ;)
For the sake of preparation, let's assume that the Capcom dev is on point and there's going to be slightly staggered rollout. Since the rollout window is small I'd advise against using FlyVPN since it can be a pain in the arse to get a slot; instead, use inCloak, a service which offers a free 24-hour trial and has servers in the UK and NZ. For those new to this, you may need to restart Steam after connecting to the VPN (type "what's my ip" into Google and ensure it has changed) for "Pre-load" to switch to "Play", and I'd recommend staying connected while in-game as otherwise your status may change and this can cause issues with achievements (they might not unlock) and cards (they might not drop).

StAidan

So, I just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time. This was somewhat of a unique experience for me, because as a rule I just don’t play big-budget 3D games, preferring instead 2D indie stuff (or anything Nintendo-developed). In fact, I think Arkham Asylum marks the second third-party “AAA” game I’ve played (Bioshock was the first).

Anyway, although Arkham Asylum does suffer from some of the same afflictions for which I eschew AAA games in the first place, I’ve got to admit that I enjoyed the game in nearly every aspect. I don’t know a lot about Batman mythology except from a couple of older (1940s/50s) comics and the most recent movies, but the story seemed pretty genius to me and provided the groundwork for a great game world. Also, I loved little touches like seeing the different prison cells and hiding places for the various supervillains, and continually hearing Joker’s taunting of both Batman and his own henchmen throughout the game.

Of course everyone praises the freeflow combat system. My own conclusion is that it’s a great solution to what I’ve always thought was a huge area of failure in 3D games. (Leave it to an IP-licensed title to fix one of my biggest gripes in that arena.) I really enjoyed the battles and figuring out the best ways to keep my combos going. I haven’t even done much with the challenge modes yet, but I’m definitely planning on going back to them.

The two things that primarily subtracted from the experience for me:
(1) This game was way too easy on Normal mode, I didn’t feel the least bit challenged until after
Harley Quinn
’s imprisonment which I think was more than halfway through the game. If I had known better, I would have just started on Hard, but of course I didn’t since I never play anything like this and didn’t know what to expect. At least I’ll know what to do when I get around to Arkham City.
(2)
Killer Croc
’s Lair was just lame and monotonous. Really killed the momentum I was feeling up to that point. Game designers: Nothing that advances the main story of your game should ever feel less fun than, say, your trophy collectathons or the hunting of mechanical teeth.

Bottom line, the only reason I own Arkham Asylum and City is having bought into the Humble WB Bundle last year, but what went from a “Gee, I’ll try this game out long enough to earn the trading cards” turned into “Hey, this is actually a lot of fun -- I’ll see it through to the end.” I was glad to play it and I look forward to starting Arkham City at some point down the road.

Garcia

Electronic Super Joy's World 4, Level 4: The level itself it less than 1 minute long but it throws one of the most brutal platforming challenges I've encountered to this day. The level keeps rotating constantly and past the first half it rotates even faster while you keep moving your character on the same starting plane. There's even a fixed cross shaped laser of death that you must avoid, frogs that spit shurikens and missiles that activate after you step on them. Something clicks in your mind and then you know the bar has been raised a little bit more.

Khronico

Electronic Super Joy's World 4, Level 4: The level itself it less than 1 minute long but it throws one of the most brutal platforming challenges I've encountered to this day. The level keeps rotating constantly and past the first half it rotates even faster while you keep moving your character on the same starting plane. There's even a fixed cross shaped laser of death that you must avoid, frogs that spit shurikens and missiles that activate after you step on them. Something clicks in your mind and then you know the bar has been raised a little bit more.

My brain hurts after watching that video...

Good god. Kinda glad I didn't make it that far in the game.

Kiru

Finished that level after a looooooot of tries. It's all about the correct timing at the end.

SteamGAF. I'd heard that apparently that if you got a beta key for ESO recently it says that you have to buy the game before being able to play the beta? Is this true?

SteamGAF. I'd heard that apparently that if you got a beta key for ESO recently it says that you have to buy the game before being able to play the beta? Is this true?

I don't believe that's true, but I'm not 100% sure. If you buy the Imperial Edition you get early access to the game before release. Maybe that person was confusing the early access part with the beta?

Hmm I MAY have entered the code wrong when I made my giveaway, I just PMed the code from my e-mail to him.

Yeah, double check that...at a glance the code that looks like the game code is actually a coupon code. The actual game code is near the bottom of the e-mail. (I did that, I had to double check it and try again because I'd initially used the wrong code).

Wow, so that Theme Park Studio that just went up on Early Access looks interesting...

... BUT....

Is it just me or is it perhaps the least finished product to ever hit Early Access? So it's a theme park builder, but none of the rides are animated yet and you can't actually design them that's "Phase 2!")... and coasters are a looong way off (that's "Phase 3!")

So basically currently you can make terrain maps, paths, and there's some basic object libraries like shops? Uhm, yay, I guess?

If they end up completing all 8 (EIGHT!) stages of the game (Early Access is Phase 1) it sounds potentially amazing. Still, this is stretching the concept of a consumer-facing Early Access release pretty far.

Grief.exe

RE4 is out in the following regions.

ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – NO,SE,FI,DK,PT,ES,FR,IT,AT,CH,LU,LI,BE,NL,IE,IM,JE,GS,GB,IS,MT,LV,LT,EE,UA,CZ,HU,PL,SK,BG,GR,RO,SI,HR,TR,AU,NZ,AF,BD,BT,BN,KH,CN,HK,IN,ID,JP,KR,LA,MO,MY,MV,MN,NP,PK,PH,SG,LK,TW,TH,VN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom