• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Are Payday 2 DLC packs region locked in anyway? I wan to pick up the two Gage weapon packs for a key each but I hear there are a lot of region locking shenanigans lately.

it seems 100% fun needs only some more votes, someone posted it's #30 now. (BTW, how people find out how high it is on upvoted list?)
Could you kindly upvote it, if you haven't done this yet. I need this on steam!

It was posted by devs, I'm blind lol

Come on people, vote for it. I want my Steam game count to rise!

jediyoshi

Are Payday 2 DLC packs region locked in anyway? I wan to pick up the two Gage weapon packs for a key each but I hear there are a lot of region locking shenanigans lately.

When things are region locked, Steam gives you a warning in the inventory description.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Using VPN can potentially bite you in the ass at some point, I would just wait.

In practice there's only such a risk when using one to circumvent the activation region-lock that the gifting/trading restriction imposes on gift copies received from South American/Eastern European users, but this is something even I advise against doing.

No.

i would be down for it!

can you get a russian bro-pack?

nobody on tf2outpost offers them...

Just saw your post. I will pm a couple of ru friends when they come online and i'll let you know asap. Can't see why not. There are no regionlocks as far as i can see.

Yes. Let's do it. PM me details.

Beaten by 1 min by inframan. I feel bad now. If something happens and Inframan is unavailable i will pm you. Till then check your pm box ;)

Semi bummed that RE4 unlocks tomorrow and I won't have time to try until Monday.

Guacamelee is killing my hands: The warp-between-dimensions button maybe works with 360 controller, but not with PS3 controller, especially when you need to hold triangle at the same time. Excellent game otherwise.

Maybe Capcom will add Biohazard 5 eventually...

BIOHAZARD 5 / Resident Evil 5

What? It works fine on a PS3 controller... I'm not sure what the problem is.

It really doesn't. That game encourages the good ol claw grip with its button layout. Love the game but that's a bit of a flaw.

Again, not sure what the problem is... I've played the game to completion at least 4 times and I've never had problems pressing the shoulder button and jump button at the same time to warp dimensions while jumping. On Vita, PS3, or PC.

Is there any reason why Capcom does not use the name, Resident Evil, in Japan? Does the phrase not make sense in Japanese?

Uh... Biohazard is the Japanese name and it's a Japanese game. When they brought the game over to english speaking countries, they changed the franchise name... whether because of zombie survival horror not sounding like a biohazard or what, I don't know... but it's not like it was a western franchise that was brought to Japan and subsequently renamed is my point.

Grief.exe

Get those VPNs reved up boys.

RE4 unlocks in Britain in about 3 hours

1) Europe / Japan / Aus / NZ / Rest-of-Asia
11:00pm 2/27 (Thu) GMT (that's 11pm for UK folks)
8:00am 2/28 (Fri) JST
10:00am 2/28 (Fri) Sydney time
12:00pm 2/28 (Fri) Christchurch time

2) Americas / Rest-of-world
9:00pm 2/27 (Thu) PST (or 0:00am midnight launch for East Coast folks! EDIT: to further clarify, that's late Thursday night for East Coasters.)

UPDATED (Feb. 27)
Europe launch is now combined with Japan/Asia/NZ/AUS launch. That's basically one hour earlier than what we originally announced. Just a simple logistics challenge on Valve's end so we had to combine the launch. Less than 3 hours from this post. :)

Americas and the Rest of world: no change here - the game will unlock in less than 9 hours from this updated post.

Tizoc

Hmmm! I just got a Card City Nights Booster Pack! Should I unpack it to see if I may get a foil? Or should I sell the pack and get at least 0.50 Gabenbucks?

HELP ME DECIDE GAF!

tumblr_n0scmmFHYw1sycuvlo1_r1_500.gif

Thanks for Mutant Storm Reloaded! I remember playing it on 360 a long time ago.

Tizoc

Open and sell I did that and got 70 cents from the 3.

tHANKS, I didn't get a foil but I SHOULD be able to make $0.57 from selling the seperate cards if I'm lucky.

Also Enhanced Steam is kickass, i just learned that one of the cards I got is worth $0.90! Let's see if anyone is actually gonna get it at that price XP

RE4 unlocks everywhere in a little over 3 hours.

Based on Grief's post, it doesn't:

1) Europe / Japan / Aus / NZ / Rest-of-Asia
11:00pm 2/27 (Thu) GMT (that's 11pm for UK folks)
8:00am 2/28 (Fri) JST
10:00am 2/28 (Fri) Sydney time
12:00pm 2/28 (Fri) Christchurch time

2) Americas / Rest-of-world
9:00pm 2/27 (Thu) PST (or 0:00am midnight launch for East Coast folks! EDIT: to further clarify, that's late Thursday night for East Coasters.)

Edit:
Saw your post... wonder ifi t still unlocks at 11pm GMT for UK/Austrailia/etc... cause that's still 2 hours earlier than 8pm.

If his post is accurate, I can unlock it in 2:10 here using the UK VPN or... I can wait another 8:10 to unlock it.

Tizoc

ss_758bcd4b20f93371103fac368431bc46e519526f.1920x1080.jpg

I'll be getting the Yawhg tomorrow along with some other stuff. Do you get Deus Ex 1 instantly when you pre-order The Fall off of Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently the countdown on the store page is inaccurate. It's a bunch of BS if true. If it isn't accurate then fix it or something.

The game's had a universal unlock time since it went up on the store, so I'm not sure why Capcom thinks otherwise, especially since there were "no changes [there]".

I know, that is why I brought that to the attention of the Capcom developer.

The US store page is set to the Japan/Asia/AUS/ENG unlock, actual unlock for us is ~5 hours after that

If that timer expires then the game's going to unlock unless Capcom handles it manually as Squeenix did with Thief.

Grief.exe

The game's had a universal unlock time since it went up on the store, so I'm not sure why Capcom thinks otherwise, especially since there were "no changes [there]".

The registry code that is going to pop up is 'unlock for following regions' one. I don't remember the exact unlock code used for that particular method.

I guess time will tell?

--

The Motor Rock page got slow all of the sudden, but I got through and didn't see any chance to get a Steam key. What's up with that? :)

Tizoc

Anyone here have Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy?
I'm trying to run it from Steam but it keeps getting stuck trying to update or instal DirectX data. My DirectX is up to date BTW.

BorntoPlay

I won Thunder Wolves but i already have it, so here take it... say thanks to 8 X 11 Printer Paper
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thunder Wolves -- MB-C7D5A6E252C9A1F0 - Taken by Tame. 9 entrants total.

t1393535153z1.png

louiedog

Anyone here have Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy?
I'm trying to run it from Steam but it keeps getting stuck trying to update or instal DirectX data. My DirectX is up to date BTW.

I've had that happen a few times. Check task manager to make sure there isn't an unseen directx installer in the background. If there is end it and try again. If that doesn't work you can try running the directx installer manually from the game's folder.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed Naruto is a weekend deal, got excited, then saw its only 40%, what a crock of shit Namco :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know how likely it is but when (if?) Dark Souls is patched with Steamworks, if it got VAC would DSfix become a problem?

Turfster

Hm. Continuing a Shadowrun Returns savegame after the update is kinda fucked up.
I lost my runners and can hire new ones, but I also lost the money I paid for those older runners, so I can't even buy replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom