• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_lemonade

ModBot said:
Instructions for georaldc:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-61A4FA05A1DEBC60 - Taken by RawrDuy. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FEZ was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1393553604z1.png
Everyone probably has this game already. Was the only one I already owned from the current HB

Arthea

Gone Home had cards before? Because if it hadn't, now it has. If it had, I'm blind, disregard it.

I wandered into the Arena in Skyborn and got my ass handed to me so fast at very first fight, it's funny. Guess I'm not ready yet, and Arena seems to be optional,
most likely for some card collecting

Turfster

Gone Home had cards before? Because if it hadn't, now it has. If it had, I'm blind, disregard it.

It did.

Also, I restarted Steam in the hope it would unlock Thief, since according to Squenix, it's "out" now. Of course now Steam can't fucking connect to the network. Why do I do this to myself?

jediyoshi

sign in to steam through some shady russian website? yeeeeeeeeah....no thanks

That's exactly what the Steam API is for, Valve handles credentials as the middle man. They're pretty explicit about what kind of permissions they request when you sign in.

I wandered into the Arena in Skyborn and got my ass handed to me so fast at very first fight, it's funny. Guess I'm not ready yet, and Arena seems to be optional,
most likely for some card collecting

Blind.

But Shadogrounds: Survivor got cards in the last day or so.

Speaking of, card drops have been borked for me... not sure if it's a steam issue or it's because i'm idling 3 games.

Arthea

It did.

Also, I restarted Steam in the hope it would unlock Thief, since according to Squenix, it's "out" now. Of course now Steam can't fucking connect to the network. Why do I do this to myself?

Man, at least you'll understand me, steam is driving me nuts lately, it gotten so bad, I wanna beat somebody, badly (><)
At least I can play games, that should suffice. But surely it's strange for Valve not to be concerned that their store and their market doesn't load for hours, every evening.

Do the key values of games that have pre-purchase offers generally go up after it has officially been released? I am thinking about pre-ordering a giftable RE4 and then trading it in a few days.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yep same here, couldn't log in. I thought "I wonder if Steam is having issues. If the Steam thread is high on GAF then it is" and here I am proven right lol

Zafir

It did.

Thief still says pre-load for me, even though the countdown has disappeared from the store page.
btw, sudeki is kinda awesome.

I've put quite a bit of time into it, 4hours or so and I dunno what to think. Some of the voice acting is abysmal, and the dialogue is all over the place, but at the same time the dialogue was so all over the place it was kind of amusing...

Turfster

Thief still says pre-load for me, even though the countdown has disappeared from the store page.

The countdown disappeared when the US got it, because fuck Europe apparently, but it was unlocked in the Netherlands 30 minutes ago, so it should be unlocked for me too... Of course, I haven't fucking been able to check for almost half an hour.

Edit: Welp, I'm logged back in, but it's still locked.
Valve, Squenix, fucking brick and mortar stores that are always being blamed for this stupid tiered release bullshit: from the bottom of my heart, fuck you all.

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-6713B464A97422E8 - Taken by adriano999

Zafir

The countdown disappeared when the US got it, because fuck Europe apparently, but it was unlocked in the Netherlands 30 minutes ago, so it should be unlocked for me too... Of course, I haven't fucking been able to check for almost half an hour.
Really? Well. It's midnight in the UK, and still it says preload. SE hates the UK evidentially. >.<

Also, has anyone given that Theme Park Studio a try? I rather enjoy the Rollercoaster Tycoon games, so wondering whether it showed promise.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't. Honestly can't understand what's wrong with that scene. Sorry in advance if that's dumb on my part.

The only potentially racist thing that I could really gather from the scene is that
I think Juno (?) tells Connor that the reason she turned him into an eagle in his spirit journey is because she "selected a form familiar to [his] culture. It is designed to ease navigation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom