• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wiimote aiming was too angular, made it play like a soap opera and sterile.

I also feel that playing with the Wiimote got in the way of the Oscar-worthy script. How am I supposed to concentrate on such an intricately-woven, nuanced narrative when I'm flapping my arms around the place?

Anteater

Huh...didn't know WoW have SEA servers now.

Most SEA FFXIV players are playing in japan servers AFAIK.
Decent ping too ~100ms.

I actually am not sure, I was just assuming they hosted servers there since the game seems to be available there, and I remember reading about it.

I'm in asia and I played FFXIV on the NA servers with my friends, it was actually not too bad as a tank :D

EdmondD

Does ESO even have any servers in SEA?

I'm not sure if it has servers in SEA. In the email it says this is a stress test for the North American megaserver. You need to switch to the North American server to play. I should have put that info in my giveaway post.

The game will save in ME save folders under My Documents/Bioware/Mass Effects. It's the same regardless which version you have.
For convenience sake, I'd argue buying the game on Origin is better as it has cloud saves and the DLCs can be bought from Origin now instead of Bioware site.

Yeah, I bought the Origin version of ME2 deluxe from Amazon instead. I'd rather just have all three games be on one platform.

Still hoping they'll put out a comprehensive boxset of all three games in the future, though, because the various releases are an absolute mess. There are pirated copies that are more complete than this, for God's sake, and I don't have to pay $90-120 to get the "complete" experience.

Flunkie

Banned
Anybody have any extra Be Mine 11 bundles I could have or trade for or something? Intrigued by Redshirt after a friend reviewed it on Steam.

Flunkie

Banned
On the contrary I haven't posted on GAF in a month, browse maybe 1-3 times a week and have been working (my real job as well as my second: writing) most of my free time. I barely log on Steam anymore but I've been trying to make time to play Thief lately. So no, I wouldn't make a very good achievement for anything but game count.

And I do play my games!

jANrZMD.gif

but I still see you everyday <3

Tellaerin

Anybody have any extra Be Mine 11 bundles I could have or trade for or something? Intrigued by Redshirt after a friend reviewed it on Steam.

I hope you enjoy Redshirt more than I did. I went into the game really wanting to like it, and spent about 45 minutes trying to find the hidden fun before giving up and deleting it.

What? It works fine on a PS3 controller... I'm not sure what the problem is.

The problem is that repeatedly pressing R2 (like 3 times within a second while jumping platform to platform) is pretty hard: if it was mapped to R1 there would be no problem as there is no spring mechanism. Combine that with holding the triangle, my hands start to claw grip and my middle finger now under the R2 button with my skin getting stuck everytime I mash the button, heh. Of course I could try to press R2 with my middle finger, but that would make the platforming sections even harder: 100% claw grip and and I can't really mash my middle finger as fast as I can my trigger finger. First world problems.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
On the contrary I haven't posted on GAF in a month, browse maybe 1-3 times a week and have been working (my real job as well as my second: writing) most of my free time. I barely log on Steam anymore but I've been trying to make time to play Thief lately. So no, I wouldn't make a very good achievement for anything but game count.

And I do play my games!

jANrZMD.gif

He lives!

Hey xelios I was wondering if you could pm/post the steam sales group you mentioned following a while back? This steam thread is a great for general information/conversations, but everyone post at such a rate that it's too easy to miss a deal.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Humble Indie Bundle 11 Giveaway
Didn't get a chance to raffle this off last weekend.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 11 -- MB-D5CFCCCC7A9DE0C6 - Taken by Vardhan. 8 entrants total.

t1393572596z1.png

Oh and it's above the average so you get all the games.

Tellaerin

Yeah, I bought the Origin version of ME2 deluxe from Amazon instead. I'd rather just have all three games be on one platform.

Still hoping they'll put out a comprehensive boxset of all three games in the future, though, because the various releases are an absolute mess. There are pirated copies that are more complete than this, for God's sake, and I don't have to pay $90-120 to get the "complete" experience.

The Mass Effect DLC situation is really ridiculous. At this point, there really should be an "Ultimate Edition" that bundles each game with all its associated DLC. You're forced to buy the DLC with Bioware Points, which never seem to go on sale. For ME3 alone, you're looking at around an extra $40 if you want all the story-related DLC.

The Mass Effect DLC situation is really ridiculous. At this point, there really should be an "Ultimate Edition" that bundles each game with all its associated DLC. You're forced to buy the DLC with Bioware Points, which never seem to go on sale. For ME3 alone, you're looking at around an extra $40 if you want all the story-related DLC.

If you'll indulge me for a moment...

Bioware has got to be the laziest developer I have ever seen in all my years as a gamer. Nearly every one of their releases has either been bogged down by an absurd amount of bugs, good ideas that were left half-implemented for no reason, or lazy copy-and-paste rush jobs, which I suppose makes them a match in heaven for EA. Whether it's the broken pathfinding/myriad bugs in Baldur's Gate II, copy-and-paste environments in Dragon Age II or "broken-neck" syndrome/face import issues in ME3, they have this passive mentality to everything they do, including how they distribute DLC.

Even with the fact that I've bought all the games in this series, I can't get over how ass-backwards and archaic their content delivery system is. Not only do they use a points system that is completely separate from any of EA's other in-house divisions, but they craft DLC's that are clearly intended to be part of the main game and/or make you lose out on a lot of benefits if you haven't played it.

Lair of the Shadow Broker is the biggest example. If you don't buy that, you miss out on a bunch of stuff in ME3, including extra assets, a large chunk of alternate/additional dialogue (about 5-10 minutes worth) and your character doesn't look like an idiot. Seriously, at least one squadmate calls you out for not knowing that Liara is the Shadow Broker. And don't get me started on Dragon Age's "to find this NPC, buy the DLC!" garbage.

They've only gotten worse and worse as of late, and there's about a snowball's chance in hell they'll release it, but I'm still hoping. The situation with all these different releases having various amounts of "extras"/DLC is rivaled only by DVD franchises like Evil Dead and the Nolan Batman Trilogy.

So super (über) sampling: does it make any difference? I only see slight difference visually but a pretty big difference in performance and heat.

Not really worth turning on, right?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Dust and Guacamelee! Giveaway
A couple more dupes.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-CBD3B170C1C9D3D7 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C6C98D262BC2FDB5 - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.

t1393573899z1.png

The problem is that repeatedly pressing R2 (like 3 times within a second while jumping platform to platform) is pretty hard: if it was mapped to R1 there would be no problem as there is no spring mechanism. Combine that with holding the triangle, my hands start to claw grip and my middle finger now under the R2 button with my skin getting stuck everytime I mash the button, heh. Of course I could try to press R2 with my middle finger, but that would make the platforming sections even harder: 100% claw grip and and I can't really mash my middle finger as fast as I can my trigger finger. First world problems.

Do you have real triggers? Or are you using a stock DS3?

So Aliens CM, LoL!

Did it really get patched?! I thought the patch fixed the textures? Why does it still look like crap?

You know what the crazy thing is? It's kind of fun. Being $2 helps! :p

I died like 6 times at the beginning of Aliens CM and uninstalled it. It was the part where you have to defend the guy who was trying to open the large door while waves of aliens attack you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
F1 2013 CE's price on GamersGate has been fixed. You snooze, you lose. ;) What happened is that, in true GamersGate fashion, the 66% discount yesterday was applied on top of the pre-existing 33% discount, effectively making it 66% off $43.54 instead of $65.

zkylon

zkylewd
so moving forward on my xeno-mania I'm trying to get dolphin set up and running

don't really want to derail this if I'm not gonna post anything at least interesting or fun so if anyone of you kind people wants to help me set it up that'd be marvelous! but pm me rather than post here please

specially the controller thing, I got it running on 30 fps pretty well on the starting area tho the intro really sent my framerate to like 20 which was surprisingly slow and wonky

Arthea

iZoGONfrPyCV8.png

time to fix this shit!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-B74F089D4D233DFA - Taken by wetflame

you thought it's FF8 giveaway while entering? Well, that was the plan (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom