• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
The new IndieGameStand is $1 or more for Shelter on Steam - if you don't already have it from the 5 billion bundles it's already been in (ok, 3 bundles). 90 hours to go.

gc_1390378945_407.png
009.jpg

Relevant Steam tags include: Badger, Short, No Dialogue, Emotional, The Glory And Brutality of Nature.
Beat the average (currently $1.49) for Pid and the Shelter OST. 10% of proceeds go to Medecins Sans Frontiers / Doctors Without Borders.

Oh hey! That reminds me, I have a spare Pid key. Apologies if it's a dud but it should be good to go.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-BCEAD87B4C0576F3

t1393590189z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, so they are "selling" a game that is supposed to be free according to them?

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard pursues legal action. In fact, considering this post I doubt the devs even have the right to request and distribute Steam keys themselves.

Tizoc

Tellaerin

Even with the fact that I've bought all the games in this series, I can't get over how ass-backwards and archaic their content delivery system is. Not only do they use a points system that is completely separate from any of EA's other in-house divisions, but they craft DLC's that are clearly intended to be part of the main game and/or make you lose out on a lot of benefits if you haven't played it.

The bolded in particular bothers me. In ME3, why is it that the Prothean squadmate who provides insight into the events of the last cycle and reveals knowledge about some of the big mysteries of the ME universe considered "optional DLC"? Or the mission chain that sheds more light on the creation of the Reapers, the mysterious enemies you've been fighting for three games? (Regardless of how you feel about some of the reveals, there's no denying that they're important in the context of the story.) Charging separately for that content just feels like exploiting your audience to me. : /

Just beat Strider, overall I loved and enjoyed the game, the final boss was ridiculous on Normal, I fear ever fighting him on Hard! I didn't get all the Cheevos, but I had fun regardless.

Screenshots from the end of the game, only view them if you've finished the game already.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232951185
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232951275
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232951309

I thought the final boss was rather easy using
explosive kunai
but I guess the
gravity stuff
could be a bit of a problem.

JaseC

The bolded in particular bothers me. In ME3, why is it that the Prothean squadmate who provides insight into the events of the last cycle and reveals knowledge about some of the big mysteries of the ME universe considered "optional DLC"? Or the mission chain that sheds more light on the creation of the Reapers, the mysterious enemies you've been fighting for three games? (Regardless of how you feel about some of the reveals, there's no denying that they're important in the context of the story.) Charging separately for that content just feels like exploiting your audience to me. : /

At least EA released the real ending for free. :p

Anteater

Nowadays I'd rather just wait for goty to save myself trouble from all the DLCs shit, what I hate is when people make comments about how the paid DLCs are better than the main game that he found disappointing, as if that's a good thing.

Turfster

New gamersgate daily deals:
  • Castle of Illusion 66% off
  • Wargame Air Land Battle 75% off
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 50% off

no paypal? Well, that means no Motor Rock for me. (><)
I can live with that.

you can use paypal.

just played a bit of it. wow, what a game. it brought up so many fond memories of playing the original game. it plays exactly the same as the original game. glad i bought it. will play more later.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How is Nazi Zombie Army 2? I haven't played the first but reviews make it seem like it's only really an expansion to that. Is it worth picking up for some zombie sniping fun? I have Sniper Elite 2 already.

Arthea

Thief Gold key, I got from Darth Kupi giveaway the other day, was already used. Just thought I'll mention.

you can use paypal.

just played a bit of it. wow, what a game. it brought up so many fond memories of playing the original game. it plays exactly the same as the original game. glad i bought it. will play more later.

bought it *sighs*

Steam keys for One Way Heroics are up for buyers on Playism.
Nothing on Indie Royale ATM, not sure if they will get added - the game was removed from Desura AFAIK.

It would kill greenlight bundle idea if they stopped giving keys. And if even it was removed from Desura, I still have it on Desura, I hope...
I actually bought that bundle for this game alone (><)

JaseC

It seems as though Early Access copies of The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot have dried up, but I'm not sure what to list my spares at. Activating an EA sub is the only way the game is going to add to one's count but I'm not sure if anybody is willing to pay a large premium just for that since the game itself is still available.

Steam keys for One Way Heroics are up for buyers on Playism.
Nothing on Indie Royale ATM, not sure if they will get added - the game was removed from Desura AFAIK.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Arthea

The devs said the game keys will be distributed on Playism
Not sure how they will handle IR, both Playism guys (thetrin and BudokaiMR2) post here, so someone affected might try PMing them for clarification.

For all of our fans that picked the game up on Steam, you will get a free Steam key which will appear on your Playism account page.
I can't decipher this, and not for the lack of trying.
Also it was already asked about bundle several times. We just need to wait for an answer now.

Tizoc

I thought the final boss was rather easy using
explosive kunai
but I guess the
gravity stuff
could be a bit of a problem.

lol, that's how I beat him actually. i was down to a silver of health and kept spamming that ish and ended up killing him.
It would've been a lot easier if not for the
gravity stuff

Everyone get Castle of Illusion HD, it's one of my GotY 2013 picks Fun and simple platformer.

Jawmuncher

I'm just sitting on these cards I need to sell. Not because I want to, but because the internet here REFUSES to load my inventory page. Hell I even have about 5 boosters just sitting in there as well. Hope the prices don't plummet by the time I get back.

How is the aiming in max payne 3? Can you set it to target snap ala tomb raider or gta v? Does it have an easy mode?

Asking bc my girlfriend loved playing gta v and I'm looking for similar games. She sucks at free aim tho and hates redoing stuff over and over.

How is the aiming in max payne 3? Can you set it to target snap ala tomb raider or gta v? Does it have an easy mode?

Asking bc my girlfriend loved playing gta v and I'm looking for similar games. She sucks at free aim tho and hates redoing stuff over and over.

Game is not too hard if you play on easy, specially with the bullet time. Don't remember the specific options, but I think it had target snap which you could toggle.

Your girlfriend will enjoy it.

albe0

Neo Member
After many months of stalking this thread and collecting an unhealthy amount of games thanks to everyone here, I can finally post, time to start giving back!

Nothing too exciting, hopefully no duds enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-682A6013500C163B - Taken by Kifimbo
The Swapper -- MB-3FE2FCD2A1F87B8A - Taken by Blitzhex
Battlefield 3 -- MB-86557BB8FD7F59E8 - Taken by Sub Zero
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-5EC244DB27B928D3 - Taken by Seraphis Cain
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-DAF2122503361398 - Taken by cardinalmind
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-427A28987BAE0AB0 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist
Bastion -- MB-B1A8B71139064095 - Taken by Alduin
The Whispered World -- MB-4A7C6DA463173227 - Taken by intheinbetween
FEZ -- MB-4C7A066E866A0C66 - Taken by OldAsUrSock
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-038262AC59CE30FA - Taken by natertots
LIMBO -- MB-E5192D58DA2572F4 - Taken by EdmondD

Game is not too hard if you play on easy, specially with the bullet time. Don't remember the specific options, but I think it had target snap which you could toggle.

Your girlfriend will enjoy it.
That sounds like a winner,she enjoyed la noir and gta v. It's nice to find games to enjoy together since they last a lot longer than a movie or something would, and I don't have the patience to beat many long aaa games on my lonesome. Thanks!

$5 for the base game a good deal? Is any of the dlc essential? It appears to be on sale too

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom