• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
After many months of stalking this thread and collecting an unhealthy amount of games thanks to everyone here, I can finally post, time to start giving back!

Nothing too exciting, hopefully no duds enjoy!

Thanks for BF3! Thought it was a Steam Key though lol

Turfster

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.
That's a really hard question to answer. This is just a small selection, at random =p
Ultima VII, Planescape Torment, Ascendancy, Freespace 2, Grim Fandango

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know how to add Steam games to nvidia geforce experience so it can be "optimized"? Just wanna check if I can improve some settings on a couple of games.

I've added C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common but it still doesn't detect any games.

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

1. Grim Fandango
2. No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
3. Monkey Island 3 (and what the heck, 4)

Does that count as 5? I'm pretty sure I could think of a few more.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

.Hack//Infection - .Hack//Quarantine and Dragon Quest VIII.
Some games I would enjoy to play in HD

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A bit off-topic, but does anyone know how to add Steam games to nvidia geforce experience so it can be "optimized"? Just wanna check if I can improve some settings on a couple of games.

I've added C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common but it still doesn't detect any games.

It should detect them automatically, if not just press the refresh button in the bottom of the games section. Keep in mind that only these games are supported

milena87

Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 3 and Planescape Torment (already have it on GOG of course, but I'd buy it again).

How is the aiming in max payne 3? Can you set it to target snap ala tomb raider or gta v? Does it have an easy mode?

Asking bc my girlfriend loved playing gta v and I'm looking for similar games. She sucks at free aim tho and hates redoing stuff over and over.

Yeah it's pretty easy on easy, and there are 3 aiming options, free aim, soft lock, which snaps to targets and let's you adjust after that, ala GTA and there's hard lock which snaps and stays on the target as long as you are locked on to them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Train Sim's TestTrak DLC has been re-added to subs. I've no idea why it was removed in the first place, but it's back.

Arthea

1. I really wanted FFX and X-2 remakes on PC, just that they wouldn't go to dust after being played once with death of PS3, I still want, even if I know it's not coming.
2. all Legend of Heroes, in English, but Trails are definitely coming, and for your own good, steamgaf, I hope you buy enough of first two games to secure us the rest for eternity. (><)
3. I want so many Sega games on steam, that naming all would take too much time, basically all library.
4. As Sega now owns Atlus, some of their games would be nice to have on steam too.
5. I probably would be much more inclined to play FF15 if it was on steam too.

In other words, I want everything on PC, but these are first 5 that instantly came to mind.

edited: I'm amazed how many of you just want gog games on steam, not games that aren't on PC.

fantomena

Damn. Im soon up in 110€ in Steam wallet money just from trading cards and Im too greedy to use them.

I was suppose to use some at the christmas sale, but nope, too greedy.

Arthea

Chances of PC games making it are much greater than old Japanese games they probably lost the sources for, just saying ;)

ya, but what wishes have to do with chances?
you say it the way, like there are no new Japanese games, only old ones to be had (><)

edited: BTW, very nice giveaway albe0. I wish I've seen it earlier, would have entered for Lara (if I don't have it, that is)

The bolded in particular bothers me. In ME3, why is it that the Prothean squadmate who provides insight into the events of the last cycle and reveals knowledge about some of the big mysteries of the ME universe considered "optional DLC"? Or the mission chain that sheds more light on the creation of the Reapers, the mysterious enemies you've been fighting for three games? (Regardless of how you feel about some of the reveals, there's no denying that they're important in the context of the story.) Charging separately for that content just feels like exploiting your audience to me. : /

Because he was originally a major part of the plot, but was cut out/changed to be sold as DLC. In the early script, he was apparently the Catalyst itself, and that whole Eden Prime mission had Shepard and co. basically following his trail of destruction after he wakes up and slaughters the Cerberus troops who have come to kidnap him.

Turfster

ya, but what wishes have to do with chances?
you say it the way, like there are no new Japanese games, only old ones to be had (><)
My dreams died together with Thi4f last night =p
I'm now a cold, hard realist. I should have already known it.

Arthea

My dreams died together with Thi4f last night =p
I'm now a cold, hard realist. I should have already known it.

ittoi5C0K75PB.gif

lemme guess, till the next big name game?

Tellaerin

Because he was originally a major part of the plot, but was cut out/changed to be sold as DLC. In the early script, he was apparently the Catalyst itself, and that whole Eden Prime mission had Shepard and co. basically following his trail of destruction after he wakes up and slaughters the Cerberus troops who have come to kidnap him.

So they actually changed the story for the worse just to hack out that content and sell it as "optional" DLC? That makes it even shittier. Wow.

albe0

Neo Member
I'm glad to see people taking those old keys I had lying around, apologies for the bf3 key I forgot to specify it as origin.

As for older games that should be on steam? I'd love to see some forgotten pc ports of decent games brought to steam. It's a shame that games like Simpsons Hit and Run have pc versions that look great, run fine but will probably never be played because they aren't on steam. Same goes for Second Sight(apparently there was a steam version in 2009?) there's so much good stuff from mid 2000's/ps2/xbox era that has been forgotten. Maybe in 20 years we will find it on GoG!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

They must be games that were already released on PC, right? And would that be their original versions, or updated ones?

Either way, my choices are these:

- Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2 (the former should have the extra episodes from JJ CD and Holiday Hare '95; the latter should have Lori plus the episodes from The Secret Files and Holiday Hare/The Christmas Chronicles)
- Little Big Adventure & Twinsen's Odyssey (they should port the PS1 version of LBA, which is infinitely better than the DOS one)
- No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 (maybe throw Contract J.A.C.K. too; I never played it)
- Midtown Madness 1 & 2 (I have lost any hopes of ever seeing a PC version of MM3 a long time ago)
- Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 (the port of the latter should be completely reVamped -pun totally intended)

Yeah, I put together several games from the same franchises as one, and I don't care.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, the Thief prologue was kinda crappy but Chapter 1 seems alright so far. I could do without all the cutscenes but whatevs.

One of the worst things about the game is that you can't backtrack when moving between areas. Make sure you've collected everything before you encounter a beam that you need to tap out of the way! If Dishonored is considered a poor man's Thief, then Thi4f is a poor man's Dishonored.

Knurek

I'd like to play through Baldur's Gate(...)

Enhanced Edition isn't really bad (tad overpriced IMO, but that's what sales are for) - they patched the shit out of the game since it's been released.
Icewind Dale EE would be lovely though.

One of the worst things about the game is that you can't backtrack when moving between areas. Make sure you've collected everything before you encounter a beam that you need to tap out of the way! If Dishonored is considered a poor man's Thief, then Thi4f is a poor man's Dishonored.

Yeah, I hate stuff like that but I didn't expect it to be free of boneheaded design decisions to begin with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom