• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeless

im sure he'll come in and tell us if he doesnt
i5rkwsjZ7FhBn.gif

FauX

FEZ FEZ FEZ FEZ FEZ GIVEAWAY

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-C4AC006E83DFAC00 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.

t1393564361z1.png

didamangi

You can add them to Steam afterwards and use Steam to launch them (and use the Steam overlay even)... I've done this with Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and Mass Effect 3.

Yup, Origin even has the option now to close itself after you exit the game which work nicely with steam. That could be an indication that maybe EA will probably add those Origin only games on Steam one day, maybe.

Backlogger

So maybe I don't understand how card drops work, and I made some post the other day about not having received a card drop for a while and a couple people posted follow up questions like which game, etc. I looked into it a little more today and this is what is causing my confusion:

Basically Steam says I have earned 3 card drops for Borderlands 2, but I only have 2 cards in my inventory. Is this a bug?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do the key values of games that have pre-purchase offers generally go up after it has officially been released? I am thinking about pre-ordering a giftable RE4 and then trading it in a few days.

Capcom doesn't release art books and OSTs separately so you'll be able to make a profit on it, assuming you did buy a spare.

EdmondD

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Key. North American server stress test.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Elder Scrolls Online -- MB-F98701EA9D439E48 - Taken by Mordeccai. 4 entrants total.

t1393576465z1.png

So my laptop can't even maintain 30fps in RE4. There goes that plan... I need to rest of the parts for my rig to hurry up and get here tomorrow so I can get out of this sub-30fps ghetto, man.

JaseC

So maybe I don't understand how card drops work, and I made some post the other day about not having received a card drop for a while and a couple people posted follow up questions like which game, etc. I looked into it a little more today and this is what is causing my confusion:

Basically Steam says I have earned 3 card drops for Borderlands 2, but I only have 2 cards in my inventory. Is this a bug?

What does the game card page say? If you're only seeing two highlighted cards, does one say (2) instead of (1)?

JaseC

No, just 1 each. I opened a support ticket so we'll see what happens

That was going to my suggestion regardless of your answer, haha. I just thought that perhaps you'd actually used three drops but only received two cards.

ChronoX

I'm in an odd predicament. I bought Mass Effect ages ago on Steam and acquired a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on Origin and I do not own Mass Effect 3. I am interested in purchasing the bundle but I have been told that Mass Effect's save data crosses over into the sequels. How exactly does this work between Steam and Origin? Should I buy Mass Effect 2 on Steam and Mass Effect 3 on Origin or should I buy Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3 on Origin?

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, how exactly does one acquire the DLC for Mass Effect 2 on Steam anyway?

_hekk05

Banned
WoW does I think

Elder Scrolls Online is available in SEA as far as I know, it has a singapore website and the game is available on gmg in Asia, unlike FFXIV.

Lol according to their website they use some funky mega server technology so they can fuse worlds together when player counts are low and separate when player counts are high or something. Good luck trying to play with friends if you're not on the same server.

Also there are only 2 so-called mega servers: US and EU. There goes the asian audience.

JaseC

I'm in an odd predicament. I bought Mass Effect ages ago on Steam and acquired a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on Origin and I do not own Mass Effect 3. I am interested in purchasing the bundle but I have been told that Mass Effect's save data crosses over into the sequels. How exactly does this work between Steam and Origin? Should I buy Mass Effect 2 on Steam and Mass Effect 3 on Origin or should I buy Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3 on Origin?

The games just look for saves on your system. The Steam versions don't save in a different place so there's no need to play the games through Origin.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, how exactly does one acquire the DLC for Mass Effect 2 on Steam anyway?

You need to buy it with BioWare Bucks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm waiting for SteamGAF simulator. Where your in-game avatar sits in front of his/her computer all day, buying Steam games yet never playing them while reading/posting on NeoGAF. They can even add JaseC and Xelios as achievements.

On the contrary I haven't posted on GAF in a month, browse maybe 1-3 times a week and have been working (my real job as well as my second: writing) most of my free time. I barely log on Steam anymore but I've been trying to make time to play Thief lately. So no, I wouldn't make a very good achievement for anything but game count.

And I do play my games!

jANrZMD.gif

kurahador

I know WOW and PS2 only have oceania servers, but the old big-hitters like Maplestory and Ragnarok Online (RIP) had servers in SEA.

WoW does I think

Elder Scrolls Online is available in SEA as far as I know, it has a singapore website and the game is available on gmg in Asia, unlike FFXIV.

Huh...didn't know WoW have SEA servers now.

Most SEA FFXIV players are playing in japan servers AFAIK.
Decent ping too ~100ms.

The game will save in ME save folders under My Documents/Bioware/Mass Effects. It's the same regardless which version you have.
For convenience sake, I'd argue buying the game on Origin is better as it has cloud saves and the DLCs can be bought from Origin now instead of Bioware site.

Sober

Finished The Swapper. As with all other impressions of it after finishing it, my views fall completely in line with them. Just amazing through and through. It's definitely on my shortlist for LTTP GOTY already for this year.

Enjoy
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Frozen Hearth -- MB-90229C00F5604A1B - Taken by _hekk05

On the contrary I haven't posted on GAF in a month, browse maybe 1-3 times a week and have been working (my real job as well as my second: writing) most of my free time. I barely log on Steam anymore but I've been trying to make time to play Thief lately. So no, I wouldn't make a very good achievement for anything but game count.

And I do play my games!

jANrZMD.gif
Long time no see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom