• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Enhanced Edition isn't really bad (tad overpriced IMO, but that's what sales are for) - they patched the shit out of the game since it's been released.
Icewind Dale EE would be lovely though.

Yeah, I've read that many have warmed to the EE now that it's been fixed up a bit. I'd rather play the original first, though.

Majukun

i can't seem to be able to connect to steam..it's only my problem or anyone is having the same issue?It says i'm not connected online,but i'm writing here right now so it's not that,and until today steam worked just fine.

Arthea

I haven't seen Steam go down here in my location for the past 45 days(PH). I can access the website and through the client just fine.

lucky people everywhere

I assume that your location uses different servers, because in my part of the world, it never was so bad as in last 5 days or so. Steam was down before time to time, and community or store used to load slowly at evenings, but lately, half of the time it doesn't load at all at busy times, and steam blinks out and into existence almost constantly. It's beyond annoying.
One good thing came out of it, I can finally keep my promise not to buy anything until summer sales, at last!

lucky people everywhere

I assume that your location uses different servers, because in my part of the world, it never was so bad as in last 5 days or so. Steam was down before time to time, and community or store used to load slowly at evenings, but lately, half of the time it doesn't load at all at busy times, and steam blinks out and into existence almost constantly. It's beyond annoying.
One good thing came out of it, I can finally keep my promise not to buy anything until summer sales, at last!

yeah-right.gif

I'm gonna buy Sniper Zombie Army 1 & 2, can't resist for 5€.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The new IndieGameStand is $1 or more for Shelter on Steam - if you don't already have it from the 5 billion bundles it's already been in (ok, 3 bundles). 90 hours to go.

https://indiegamestand.com/media/game_covers/782/gc_1390378945_407.png[IMG][IMG]https://indiegamestand.com/media/screenshots/782/407_thumbnails/009.jpg[IMG]

Relevant [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/244710/"]Steam tags[/URL] include: Badger, Short, No Dialogue, Emotional, The Glory And Brutality of Nature.
Beat the average (currently $1.49) for Pid and the Shelter OST. 10% of proceeds go to Medecins Sans Frontiers / Doctors Without Borders.

Oh hey! That reminds me, I have a spare Pid key. Apologies if it's a dud but it should be good to go.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link, bought it. I missed Be Mine X and I didn't want to pay $5/$6 for Shelter in the other two bundles. :P

lucky people everywhere

I am not hyperboling my situation by yeah aside from the maintenance hours every wednesday morning (16:00 Pacific?), Steam is very much working here. In fact, I won something just two hours ago and I immediately redeemed it on my account with no problems encountered. With my slow internet, it is still currently downloading without hiccups. I can safely give you a screenshot with the store and the client working right now.

Which is a problem with me, mocking me with some sales here and there. The store is not down but my wallet remains empty, unable to buy anything.

i can't seem to be able to connect to steam..it's only my problem or anyone is having the same issue?It says i'm not connected online,but i'm writing here right now so it's not that,and until today steam worked just fine.

try "-tcp" after the directory on the steam shortcut, that did it for me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I am not hyperboling my situation by yeah aside from the maintenance hours every wednesday morning (16:00 Pacific?), Steam is very much working here. In fact, I won something just two hours ago and I immediately redeemed it on my account with no problems encountered. With my slow internet, it is still currently downloading without hiccups.

Which is a problem with me, mocking me with some sales here and there. The store is not down but my wallet remains empty, unable to buy anything.
Same here, when people are posting about Steam being down it's usually working for me (including now). Looks like whatever they do to alleviate server load rarely affects my area.

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

If you want to go "really, really old so probably never going to eeeeever happen"
1. Some sort of Epyx " _______ Games" collection with California, Winter, Summer, etc, or failing that just California Games.
2. Mutant League Hockey w/ online multiplayer
3. OMEGA (the tank-AI-coding game)
4. Airborne Ranger
5. Bard's Tale 3, or a Bard's Tale collection. (complete with physical copy protection wheel thing!)

,,, uh, guess my formative years on my Commodore 64 are showing...

I sliiiightly more realistic list (that would still never ever happen) would be... hmmmm.

1. Dune II
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Einhander
4. Mechwarrior 2
5. SSX Collection, or failing that, SSX Tricky. No.. SSX 3! No... Tricky! No.... 3!

I sliiiightly more realistic list (that would still never ever happen) would be... hmmmm.

1. Dune II
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Einhander
4. Mechwarrior 2
5. SSX Collection, or failing that, SSX Tricky. No.. SSX 3! No... Tricky! No.... 3!

Einhänder in HD could be so beautiful. Do it square-enix.

JaseC

no fucking way. I consider '100%' to be SP-only.

...So I 100%'d the SP portion of the game. And i'm perfectly OK with that. The MP in Tomb Raider was an abomination.

I didn't bother with the MP, either. I can't even remember the last time I played an MP game that wasn't Counter-Strike.

I don't play TF2 yet I have some junk from the game that I want to turn into Steam Credit via trades.

Is this the place to ask?

I have lvl 55 earbuds which are apparently worth a good chunk of change.

Turfster

Man, the flashermerchant in Thi4f is creepy in a way they probably didn't intend.
"Over here. I have something for you." No dude, I don't want to see your junk, keep your coat closed.
Also, my living room is bigger than some of these zones.

Arthea

Man, the flashermerchant in Thi4f is creepy in a way they probably didn't intend.
"Over here. I have something for you." No dude, I don't want to see your junk, keep your coat closed.

seems intentional to me (><)

If you dislike the game so much, why not drop it?
just curious

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
soooooooooooo... when can we assume that RE4 bombed? because I dont see it on the top sellers >_>

I bet if it had even 10% it would be much higher, the sale effect is a bitch

Arthea

Because I hate myself, obviously.
Also, I invested time, money and bandwidth into it, so by god, I'll try and slog through it.
I also want to see just how bad it can get.

I never punish myself with games I dislike, instead I punish with games I like, those that are 100 hours and beyond long (><)
you should try it, it's still punishment, but much more pleasant

also I'm kinda glad I haven't bought Thief, not to rub it in, or anything, just a thought

Turfster

Oh good, I forgot to make a separate save and it overwrote my quicksave in the hub with the autosave for this chapter.

Also, punishment isn't supposed to be pleasant ;)

sprinkles

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.
NOLF 1&2. I still have both boxes and CDs lying around, but as my gaming PC has no disc drive I would love digital releases.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks for the Motor Rock heads up.

Paid the US$3 and still no key though :/

EDIT: Nevermind, there it is!

Turfster

Okay, first 'good' thing: a guard noticed a door had been opened.
This doesn't excuse the fact that I was crouched right in front of him earlier and he didn't spot me, or all the other things NPCs just don't seem to notice, tho =p

JaseC

Thanks for the Motor Rock heads up.

Paid the US$3 and still no key though :/

Did you sign in again?

After donating, you have to sign into Steam on their site again. Once complete, a Steam key will appear where that "it is known" text used to be.

Okay, first 'good' thing: a guard noticed a door had been opened.
This doesn't excuse the fact that I was crouched right in front of him earlier and he didn't spot me, or all the other things NPCs just don't seem to notice, tho =p

I'd been wondering if the AI was at all that smart.

wilflare

okay, long post ahead

first up Snipe Nazi Zombies 2
is it me or is this game freaky? >< guess I have a low tolerance. the lighting effects really make it scary. more importantly, what's the suggested supersampling setting? the framerate feels kinda low-ish/skippy during the first cutscene but the actual game feels perfectly fine.. any idea?

Mass Effect and EA - what in the world.. argh
Amazon's got Mass Effect Trilogy for $12 right now:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009XDMQ0W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Origin-only of course, as ME3 isn't on Steam.

I would have purchased this if it included all the DLC + the Digital deluxe versions of the games

one of the Amazon review said the following is missing :/
The good: ME 1/2/3 all included in one package. All of ME1 DLC is included.

The bad: the following DLC is missing:

ME2:
Lair of the Shadow Broker (really good)
Overlord Pack (meh)
Arrival (mainly a solo dlc pack)
Kasumi - Stolen Memory (get to add a new character)

ME3:
From Ashes (pretty good)
Leviathan (pretty good)
(anything else currently out)

in any case, are the digital deluxe extras for ME2 on steam worthwhile? my OCD is asking me to get it when I own ME2 on Steam and Origin

No, but you can get it for free here.

does not work :(

Indiegamestand - where's my game?
It's free on IndieGameStand though! Was able to check out with Google Wallet for $0.00.

They also said they would provide Steam keys if Greenlit, as long as you pay at least $1.
I bought it for the Steam Key (once greenlit) but game isn't showing on my IGS GameWallet :( anyone else facing a similar issue?

What's this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom