• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection should most definitely be ported to PC and released on steam. Including Guns of the Patriots.

Would also like to see Capcom release Code Veronica X on steam.

Microsoft should release those old golf Links games on Steam as well. Preferably the 2003 game pls MS.

Just a few that I would absolutely buy day one if released on steam.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks FauX for Fez! My buddy wanted it and I didn't want to have to buy the whole bundle again. I hope this is allowed, because I'm not trading it for anything, just wanted to do him a solid.

edit: Fuck this is not allowed. Uhhh I'll buy another bundle and give it away here in repentance.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Computers are stupid. Getting constant blue screen errors on my PC and haven't been able to find anything that could be causing it. Started last night out of nowhere and now I'm at work just generally being angry and unproductive because I've got that problem to look forward to when I get home.

Stock DS3. I don't actually dislike the normal triggers, I actually like them very much as long as I don't have to press them repeatedly.

That'd be why. :)
One of the very few things I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller for is the RT/LT (R2/L2) buttons -- at least stock. $5 for some real trigger later and I immediately bought sets for my other DS3s. I just never liked how my fingers would either press them accidentally or slip off during hectic moments and the real triggers fixed that.

Thanks for the Motor Rock heads up.

Paid the US$3 and still no key though :/

EDIT: Nevermind, there it is!

Worked for me too... I had to re-login via steam again and then my code was there instead of the paypal form.

derExperte

Thanks FauX for Fez! My buddy wanted it and I didn't want to have to buy the whole bundle again. I hope this is allowed, because I'm not trading it for anything, just wanted to do him a solid.

edit: Fuck this is not allowed. Uhhh I'll buy another bundle and give it away here in repentance.

Fez isn't in high demand anymore in here so I don't think a lot of people care. Imo the rule is mainly for games that are hot right now and weren't in 137 bundles.

NIN90

Computers are stupid. Getting constant blue screen errors on my PC and haven't been able to find anything that could be causing it. Started last night out of nowhere and now I'm at work just generally being angry and unproductive because I've got that problem to look forward to when I get home.

This just started happening to me now! I think it's actually related to Steam since my PC BSODs every time I login.

Is there a new update that's causing this?

Evrain

Metal Gear Solid HD collection should most definitely be ported to PC and released on steam. Including Guns of the Patriots.
Our current best bet is to pester Kojima-sensei for a PC release of the two MGS 5, as unfortunately IIRC Sony signed a perpetual exclusivity deal on Guns of the Patriots.

And Microsoft did a poor job with the first two Solid, although their PSX emulator was remarkable, back in the Bleem! era.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So Broken Sword 2 Remastered was on sale for $1.79 at GOG. I was like "Maybe I should just get it there..." and then I check my Steam copy to see it FINALLY updated to the remastered version. I see you, Gabe.

Grief.exe

With all of these old games coming to Steam, I am curious to ask you guys, if you could have any five titles from between 1985-2013 release on Steam, what would they be? A bit childish of me to ask, but I am legitimately curious.

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

You are going to have to give me a second to think on that one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Carmageddon Reincarnation will hit Early Access in a month's time:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation to launch as an Early Access release on Steam! Blood said:
Friday, 28th February 2014. Isle of Wight, UK. Stainless Games announces that on the 27th of March 2014, fans who have been waiting for what has seemed an eternity (but is actually a mere 17 years) will finally be able to play the sequel to the original “points for pedestrians” car smash carnage-fest Carmageddon, as the Early Access release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation launches on Steam.

From the 27th of March 2014, the legion of long time Carmageddon fans, plus lovers of excess virtual violence everywhere will get to wreak havoc, pain and hilarity once more. This Early Access release is a milestone, as it marks the beginning of a new era in the Carmageddon story. Kickstarter Backers will be able to get behind the wheel two weeks before the Steam Early Access release.

The resulting game (which is now at the Pre-Alpha phase) has even more laughs, more bodily fluids, more thrills, more smashes and more... cows than ever.

Stainless Games announces that on the 27th of March 2014, fans who have been waiting for what has seemed an eternity (but is actually a mere 17 years) will finally be able to play the sequel to the original “points for pedestrians” car smash carnage-fest Carmageddon

Carmageddon 2? :p

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fez isn't in high demand anymore in here so I don't think a lot of people care. Imo the rule is mainly for games that are hot right now and weren't in 137 bundles.
Oh, that's good. I bought another bundle anyway, so I might as well give it away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-8D4B21742B43F933 - Taken by Leg-End
The Swapper -- MB-297BF0D14BE0E7E5 - Taken by Maxwood
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-3606491EE377D2BC - Taken by Darth Kupi
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0B29E455395629E6 - Taken by killatopak

Turfster

I actually e-mailed Stainless months ago about the possibility of Carma 2 and TDR 2000 being re-released. I was ignored, as usual.

JaseC, the studio whisperer.

Edit: I have also realised I have no equipment at all, apart from my blackjack. Hasn't slowed me down yet...

Garcia

Of course, a bit more fun if you say something reasonable. Like obviously Nintendo games aren't coming to Steam, for example.

Well, I can immediately think of 3 that I'd love to see on Steam:

-Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? Deluxe.
-X-wing (either the original or the 95 version) & X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter
-Dune II: The building of a Dynasty

And for the other 2, I have to do a little bit of research just to dust off my memory bank, lol.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This just started happening to me now! I think it's actually related to Steam since my PC BSODs every time I login.

Is there a new update that's causing this?

I actually did have a problem with Steam causing a BSOD when I was enrolled in beta updates a few months ago, but I narrowed it down at least enough to know that Steam isn't the issue for me personally. I haven't yet ruled out a recent graphics card driver update but I installed that almost a week before this issue popped up so I'm doubting it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just finished the first chapter of Thief, loving it so far. Great, thick atmosphere and really enjoyable exploration and looting. Doesn't hurt that I love collect-a-thoning. Picking a lock just in time before getting spotted is exhilerating. :p
This doesn't excuse the fact that I was crouched right in front of him earlier and he didn't spot me, or all the other things NPCs just don't seem to notice, tho =p
Haven't ecnountered anything like this so far. Are you playing on Normal or Master?

Did encounter some audio-bugs in pre-rendered cutscenes, and for some reason the game stutters like crazy unless put in borderless windowmode. Now it runs silkysmooth with almost every option at it's highest. And man, that rain and those shadows look gooood.

Yeah, I really like it. Never played the original games, though. But then again, I didn't compare Tomb Raider 2013 with Anniversary either.
Not that i'm a big fan of Tomb Raider 2013, but that's a whole other story.

Thanks for The Swapper, thesaucetastic! :D

Garcia

Man I remember the first Carmageddon. I found it kind of disturbing at that age, but I still played the heck out of it.

That is one of those games I still haven't played despite the generally positive revs. and feedback. . .I suppose it's about time to change that. I've even watched short gameplay videos of Carmageddon in the past and I'm pretty sure I'll have fun with it.

la_briola

9kr5AAv.png

I laughed.
Am I late?

has any of the humble bundle weekly games been featured in other bundles?
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I remember there was some simulator mega bundle right?
indiegala or bundlestars?

I bought the $1 tier of the weekly and all of the games there were not owned by me (I also bought the simulator bundle you were talking about).

5 games, huh?
I'm sure there's more than this, but not including rumoured ports or unrealistic stuff such as 1st party IPs (Mario/God of War/Uncharted/etc.) or games with licensing issues (UMvC3, I'm looking at you)... off the top of my head, in no particular order:

*Hard Corps Uprising (+all DLC)
*Vanquish
*Bayonetta
*Reserved
*Reserved

wilflare

I bought the $1 tier of the weekly and all of the games there were not owned by me (I also bought the simulator bundle you were talking about).

5 games, huh?
I'm sure there's more than this, but not including rumoured ports or unrealistic stuff such as 1st party IPs (Mario/God of War/Uncharted/etc.) or games with licensing issues (UMvC3, I'm looking at you)... off the top of my head, in no particular order:

*Hard Corps Uprising (+all DLC)
*Vanquish
*Bayonetta
*Reserved
*Reserved

is it this one?
man there's so many of them @_@
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/extreme-sims-bundle/

No One Lives Forever 1/2
Homeworld: Cataclysm (we already know we're getting 1/2 eventually)
X-Wing and associated sequels (not my favourite old space sim but the only one we don't have digital access to yet!)
Aces of the Pacific/Aces Over Europe (still not on GOG grrrrr)

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Most of the other games on my list are available elsewhere (ex. Interstate '76 on GOG, Descent 3 on GOG, Wing Commander/Freespace on GOG, etc.) Also, in terms of reasonableness: Cataclysm's source is apparently lost to the aether, so that's probably right out. NOLF rights seem up in the air, so that's also probably right out. But X-Wing and Aces should be reasonable gets in that there's probably a single company that owns the rights, yeah? I think Activision owns the remnants of Dynamix, and Disney probably has the rights to X-Wing, right?

Vyer

I just happened to restart Steam. Took a bit but I got connected.

Also...sweet, I didn't realize I had a Broken Age coupon. 25% off will work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubisoft got back to me again and told me that I need to hit up Valve. This response was by someone else, though, and it doesn't show up in my ticket history, so I updated the ticket myself and explained that the onus is on Ubisoft to provide the key or at least some sort of official statement declaring that I'm entitled to one, which I could then use to try to have Valve add the game to my account manually.

This mess is getting a little ridiculous and could have been avoided if Ubi didn't take the game down in the first bloody place. Contact Valve, get a key, and update the ticket. It's not rocket science, Ubisoft. If Longbow Games can do it, you can, too!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It would be tough to pick only 5 games from such a long era, but I'll give it a shot. I'll try to keep them practical.

1) Shadow Complex - they mentioned working on a PC version, but it never came to be. Would pay full asking price of $15 if it were released on Steam.

2) Viva Pinata / Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise: Obviously, a PC version of the original already exists on GFWL - bring it to Steam and I'll be happy. Bonus points if Trouble in Paradise is brought over as well (maybe as DLC?).

3) Final Fantasy X / Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster - Coming soon to the PS3 / Vita, why not also release these games on Steam? Okay, so it doesn't exactly fit with the 1985-2013 criteria, but it counts since the original games were released in that time frame.

4) Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - this Gamecube exclusive from Namco (which also had a pretty great sequel) was one of the reasons I finally picked up the system. Bonus points if they released an "HD" version, more bonus points if they also release the sequel.

5) Shadow Hearts - Great PS2-era RPG, although somewhat quirky at times. The game's two sequels are arguably better, but I would honestly buy any or all of them if they were available on Steam.

Obviously, my tastes gear more towards the RPG side of things, and more towards the "recent" rather than "retro". Don't get me wrong, I love retro games - but I felt these 5 games / series would most benefit from being brought to PC.

I'll say this now, I would buy any one of these games day 1 for full price on Steam.

Knurek

5) Shadow Hearts - Great PS2-era RPG, although somewhat quirky at times. The game's two sequels are arguably better, but I would honestly buy any or all of them if they were available on Steam.

Somewhere in Sacnoth's long defunct offices, Koudelka cries.

plc268

It would be tough to pick only 5 games from such a long era, but I'll give it a shot. I'll try to keep them practical.

1) Shadow Complex - they mentioned working on a PC version, but it never came to be. Would pay full asking price of $15 if it were released on Steam.

I recently replayed shadow complex, and it's definitely worse looking than I remember. The graphics have this muddy looking aesthetic to it, and it could definitely benefit from being cleaned up and released on the PC. It's a shame that we're unlikely to see Chair return to Shadow Complex, as they made a ton more money off of the Infinity Blade games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom