• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually have a 3DS myself.

But I've never used it. Fortunately, though, it was my dad's, so it's not as though I wasted precious Steam Moneys on something only to neglect it.

Salsa

But I've never used it. Fortunately, though, it was my dad's, so it's not as though I wasted precious Steam Moneys on something that was neglected.

your dad seems cooler than you

can we get your dad here instead?

Salsa

what's his friendcode

im gonna spill the beans about your spendings through MIIVERSE

he's gonna take your allowance away

But I've never used it. Fortunately, though, it was my dad's, so it's not as though I wasted precious Steam Moneys on something only to neglect it.

I do too. It's somewhere around here collecting dust after I finished A Link Between Worlds.

but Bravely Default, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem ;_;

but I don't care for none of that mess.

I got a 3DS XL for A Link Between Worlds (and the satisfy my "Nintendo" wants, but most of the core "Nintendo" games I've played didn't really do much for me though).
Unfortunately, there's nothing on it that interests me at this point. Someday I'll play those Oracle/Seasons Zelda games on it though... and in the meantime, maybe they'll release something else I'm interested in.

JaseC

but I don't care for none of that mess.

I got a 3DS XL for A Link Between Worlds (and the satisfy my "Nintendo" wants, but most of the core "Nintendo" games I've played didn't really do much for me though).
Unfortunately, there's nothing on it that interests me at this point.

Buying games on Steam that you'll never play makes far more sense than buying a 3DS that you'll seldom play. :p

Buying games on Steam that you'll never play makes far more sense than buying a 3DS that you'll seldom play. :p

It was a gift. :p
None of my Steam monies were sacrificed to acquire it. :lol

--

I'm not really liking this new system one of my trader's has implemented... he's much slower to fill orders now. :S
At least it was for Blackgate... so I've got a few days at least, I think.

JaseC

I'm not really liking this new system one of my trader's has implemented... he's much slower to fill orders now. :S
At least it was for Blackgate... so I've got a few days at least, I think.

I'm on the fence about Blackgate. I like to support belated PC ports (and in fact just bought MoF HD), but just about all the impressions I've come across are largely negative, which is noteworthy in this case since I actually want to play it, so I might wait for a deeper discount.

I'm on the fence about Blackgate. I like to support belated PC ports (and in fact just bought MoF HD), but just about all the impressions I've come across are largely negative, which is noteworthy in this case since I actually want to play it, so I might wait for a deeper discount.

Well, I almost bought it on Vita a few times... but in HD for $12... I'm in it just for the story alone... but I'm curious to see how well they translated the 3D Arkham mechnics to 2D. The main complaint I saw in the VitaGAF thread was that some of the level design was janky and that it felt empty because enemies didn't respawn so when you're backtracking it gets repetitive.

I'll give it a go at least... being a huge Batman/Arkham fan.

catabarez

$9.99 and they give you a $5 video games credit when they charge your card. With tax, if you take off the $5 credit, it was like $5.70 for me. :)

Can't say I've had that issue. Off to google to try to help.
Anything out of the ordinary about your setup?
You meet the min/rec specs?

Yeah I do. I was able to boot it up once but after I changed the settings to max them out it just crashes when I try to start it.

Bluth54

I would recommend skipping Blackgate. I love the Arkham games, it's one of my favorite game series and Batman is my favorite super hero, but I was very disappointed with the 3DS version. It was very dull and the gameplay wasn't very exciting. I gave up after an hour or two. I'll be skipping the PC version.

Backlogger

Backlogger
(Today, 12:31 PM)

;-)

I always justify in my mind that I will play through these games but I rarely
never
do. I haven't played a Hitman game since my PS2 slim back in the day. I had little patience for stealth back then and am interested in seeing how I like the old Thief and Hitman games now.

With your previous avatar and your sn, I'm surprised you had to ask :eek:

Hmm. I think I want Mirror or Fate, but I can wait for summer or fall.

I just wanted to be sure since I haven't played Mirror of Fate, I played LoS on PS3 and I want to replay it on PC before starting LoS 2 :D

Elixist

mario golf soon breh

jumpin_zps456d72a4.gif

im ready, id like to try that arcade golf game on xone too. Just bought Shadow Warrior im ready to get stoned and stupid.

JaseC

I would recommend skipping Blackgate. I love the Arkham games, it's one of my favorite game series and Batman is my favorite super hero, but I was very disappointed with the 3DS version. It was very dull and the gameplay wasn't very exciting. I gave up after an hour or two. I'll be skipping the PC version.

:(

You played it on 3DS? There's your problem. For once, it wasn't the lead platform. :lol

See above.

That's what I took away from the beta experience.

Give me Halo trilogy on Steam and I will be set in that regard.

I hope it happens for you... but I'll still need a MP shooter to play occasionally. :)
Most people seem to think highly of Halo 2 for the multi, don't they? I only ever tried that split screen local like Goldeneye 64 and it was my first Halo experience. :lol

Yo, frost, did you ever get that issue with GMG and playfire settled or are they still giving you the runaround?

Partially.

I had them unlink my Steam account from playfire account (a) and made a new playfire account (b) and linked my Steam account there.

I have screenshots of my rewards that were never credited since December and an open ticket... I'm asking them to credit me but I'm still waiting for a response.

The 3DS is pretty awesome, although I don't own that many 3DS games(All the games I want on the 3DS cost like $60-70, that's so many steam games!) it is pretty good for me since I skipped out on the Nintendo DS generation and I'm now catching up.

I also started playing Driver: San Francisco again, and man, is that game really fun.
The cars control a bit too loose for my liking, but the shift mechanic is amazing, it feels so great to shift into a random car and take down an opponent in a street race.

So good.

Uraizen

Banned
Partially.

I had them unlink my Steam account from playfire account (a) and made a new playfire account (b) and linked my Steam account there.

I have screenshots of my rewards that were never credited since December and an open ticket... I'm asking them to credit me but I'm still waiting for a response.

Thanks, one of my friends got struck with this problem, too.

nampad

ITT people slam the 3DS and get Vitas

jesus christ

People who know what is good :)
I would lie if I said I weren't interested in some of the JRPGs the 3DS got but overall the lineup doesn't interest me as I am not into Nintendo games. The old overpriced hardware combined with still missing essential features doesn't help with a buying decision.

nampad

Steam version won't fundamentally change the game though.

Actually, Blackgate is the only game I can think of that I would prefer playing on a 3DS. The second screen for the map does help with the atrocious level design.

The game is very mediocre so I wouldn't really recommend getting it.

A life without Pushmo, Crashmo, more Ace Attorney and Professor Layton, and Shinobi would be a sadder life for me. Not to mention all of the the great DS games I can play like Picross, Slitherlink, and more.

Edit: New page, which means new a suggestion for something on Greenlight.

Lemma, a first-person parkour title.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239551444

Lemma is pretty good, I played it a while ago and it has some interesting concepts.
Although the game seems quite different from when I last played it, one of the changes I'm glad happened is that there are no longer any guns in the game, originally you would have to shoot down certain blocks in order to progress, but after some feedback the developer realised that it was a poor choice as it didn't flow well with the parkour and such.

I hope in the final build the movement is fixed though, when I played it there seemed to be a weird delay from when you pressed W and when you started moving forward, it was really off-putting, but I've mentioned that to the developer so hopefully he's fixed it.

But yeah, definitely go vote for it on Steam Greenlight, more first person parkour games like Mirror's Edge, the better.

Arthea

FFX HD proves to be no less time sink than Civ5, it's a pity, it's not on steam :(
I missed Half Minute Hero announcement. Must say they should have named it Minute Hero, of Half Minute Hero plus second!
Any new bundles, great deals?

about MRORANGE's post with new thread format: I like all your suggestions, looks good.

stop promoting 3DS folks! I'm not buying it, nonononono

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
People who know what is good :)
I would lie if I said I weren't interested in some of the JRPGs the 3DS got but overall the lineup doesn't interest me as I am not into Nintendo games. The old overpriced hardware combined with still missing essential features doesn't help with a buying decision.

These statements contradict each other.

Regarding the 3DS, everyone should own one imo.

Anyways, it's weird that there's still people complaining about Early Access when there hasn't been that many releases in the last few weeks. I wish Valve would release the custom store fronts so people could move on and complain about that.

Arthea

These statements contradict each other.

I know it's hard to believe, but some people really aren't into Nintento games. As blasphemous as it sounds, Zelda that I like is actually called Alundra and it was on PS lol

The reason I'm not buying 3DS has nothing to do with games, I'm not buying it because it's region locked (it sounds sorta funny now, when publishers region lock stuff on PC left and right too), not interested in 3D and as in all Nintendo handhelds, screens are too small for me. I bought DS and used it very little (or tried to), because it was very hard on my eyes, I mean trying to see what's on those tiny screens.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
3DS is the perfect sibling system to have as a PC gamer. Got some gnarly CS:GO/Dota queue waits? Bust that motherfucker out. Steam down for the 4th time today? One click and you're pulling weeds in your town or defaulting some faries or some shit idk if that floats your boat.

I don't play mine for extended periods but I am really glad to have it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom