• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, has anybody here bought Kenshi on Early Access? It's currently 33% off on Bundlestars for another 6 hours and I'm just wondering how development is progressing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Out of curiosity, has anybody here bought Kenshi on Early Access? It's currently 33% off on Bundlestars for another 6 hours and I'm just wondering how development is progressing.

Hopefully this means it'll be 33% off on Steam in the near future. I would have bought it when it was discounted last year -- during the Summer Sale, IIRC -- if I was aware that the base price was going to increase.

Jawmuncher

The Evil Within will likely be 60fps as it uses id Tech 5 and the Doom 4 flavour, which will officially support 30fps, is still god-knows-how-long away from being complete. Watch Dogs, on the other hand, is definitely going to be 30fps.

Hopefully digital foundry can pop both those games ahead of time. I suppose I could just get a better graphics card. Everyone lied to me this Nvidia 660 is already falling behind.

wat if you want oculus rift support

The glory of steam sales. I double dip or even triple dip games I enjoy regularly. So if there's a VR advantage later on for a game i'll come back for it.

Hopefully this means it'll be 33% off on Steam in the near future. I would have bought it when it was discounted last year -- during the Summer Sale, IIRC -- if I was aware that the base price was going to increase.

Indeed. The dev is apparently gradually raising the price as development proceeds. I'm kicking myself a bit for not picking it up when it was part of the very first IndieFort bundle. But it was quite a sketchy prospect at that point, and early development at least was at a glacial pace. I believe more people are on board for development now.

I just wish Nuclear Throne would have a sale at some point. If anybody happens to craft a discount coupon that they don't intend to use I'd love to have it! ;)

jsrv

Got a reply from Groupees, they apparently ran out of Constant C keys for the old bundle and are waiting on the dev to hand them more

derExperte

I do too. It's somewhere around here collecting dust after I finished A Link Between Worlds.

While I consider Ocarina of Time to be vastly overrated it's worth a replay on the 3DS for every Zelda fan.

but Bravely Default, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem ;_;

One of those isn't even a game. I trust people who play AC as much as I do The Sims fans.

ITT people slam the 3DS and get Vitas

jesus christ

I got almost all my Vita games almost for free, had to do it. Long live PS+.
Let's not talk abaout memory card prices.

Acccent

Kickstarters:
Night in the Woods,
Unsung Story,
Hyper Light Drifter,
Lioness,
Massive Chalice,
Soundself,
Radio the Universe,
Sportsfriends,
and Frog Fractions 2 if it reaches its goal

(+ indie statik & la game space games i guess and other stuff probably)

I'm not aware of any preorder that I'd have placed...
And I have no Early Access games either on Steam (to my knowledge the only early access game I ever got, not counting minecraft since it wasn't even 'early access' but just 'seemingly neverending beta', is Frozen Endzon which I highly regret acquiring in this state)

ALSO celebratory 'new thread' post since I hadn't posted in here yet (13 pages already, gosh.)

Jawmuncher

Might have been posted but Summoner is 75% off on gamersgate.
http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=summoner
DD-SUMMONER.jpg

That sweet 1.25 price.

JaseC

I didn't realise Steam was set to display only installed titles so I thought I didn't own it:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Summoner -- MB-299A8D0F26DA3040 - Taken by Sarcasm

Oops.

Seanspeed

Banned
Damn at some of those lists!

Mine:

Early Access

Assetto Corsa
Starbound(though I haven't played it, just treating it as pre-order)

Kickstarter

Hyper Light Drifter

Pre-order

Dark Souls 2

Anteater

Enjoying Gay Tony so far, missions are pretty decent, and I'm liking the characters.

Rockstar should release GTAV before I finish this

Copons

While I consider Ocarina of Time to be vastly overrated

Oh gawd it's so relieving to read this every now and then!

OOT doesn't even come close to the two truly best Zeldas ever (Wind Waker and Late to the Party, but I'd like to add the amazing Minish Cap too - not a fan of Majora sorry), but every time I say it suddenly a fanboy spawns bashing my opinions like I said something horrible like Mario Sunshine > Mario 64
also, I actually believe this :D

Oh gawd it's so relieving to read this every now and then!

OOT doesn't even come close to the two truly best Zeldas ever (Wind Waker and Late to the Party, but I'd like to add the amazing Minish Cap too - not a fan of Majora sorry), but every time I say it suddenly a fanboy spawns bashing my opinions like I said something horrible like Mario Sunshine > Mario 64
also, I actually believe this :D

Best Zelda is A Link to the Past, followed by Links Awakening. :)

Anteater

I have only beaten zelda lttp, not sure why but I could never stick to playing OoT, the game felt a bit sluggish then I always just sidetrack to play something else, wind waker is incredibly charming but I get bored of it mid way through.

I haven't really completed a nintendo game since mario 64 >.>

No wait I finished the mario kart games too

I finished Toki Tori 2+ yesterday while playing it with my young brother and it feels good to have one less game on my backlog, I'm only missing some achievements and collectables to 100% the game.

JaseC

I finished Toki Tori 2+ yesterday while playing it with my young brother and it feels good to have one less game on my backlog, I'm only missing some achievements and collectables to 100% the game.

But does it feel good knowing that you finished what may be the last Toki Tori game ever?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
My favorites are Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening in no particular order. I like the first for its world and atmosphere, the second for its characters and art style, and the third for its story.

Guys (and gals), since a few of the dlc in my crusader kings 2 giveaway were not claimed, is it considered bad form to repost it? So that more people may see it?

JaseC

Guys (and gals), since a few of the dlc in my crusader kings 2 giveaway were not claimed, is it considered bad form to repost it? So that more people may see it?

Repost away or just link to it (preferable if it's a long list).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The 3DS is pretty awesome, although I don't own that many 3DS games(All the games I want on the 3DS cost like $60-70, that's so many steam games!) it is pretty good for me since I skipped out on the Nintendo DS generation and I'm now catching up.
Same here, being able to play DS titles is awesome. Sadly it has become increasingly hard for me to import them from Amazon, so there are many games I haven't got yet, such as 999, Pokemon gens 4 and 5, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney 1-3 (though I already played them on my Wii), Chrono Trigger (not really interested, but I've heard it's great) and the Castlevanias.

I also started playing Driver: San Francisco again, and man, is that game really fun.
The cars control a bit too loose for my liking, but the shift mechanic is amazing, it feels so great to shift into a random car and take down an opponent in a street race.

So good.
Yup, this is a damn good game. I got a bit tired of the side missions near the end, so for the last hour or two I only did story ones, but that means I still have some content left to play whenever I feel like going back to it.

And yes, the shift mechanic may sound silly on paper, but it's perfectly implemented in the gameplay.

Hasney

Got Mansion Lord on Kickstarter. I don't usually like the whole Kickstarter model, but the game sounded so interesting that I couldn't help myself.

Quick, everyone list the PC games you have preordered (this includes kickstarter/early access).

Oh Jesus. (Also, I'm assuming you only mean PC games, so I left out all the console-only Kickstarters.)

Early Access/Alpha
Aerena: Clash of Champions
Assetto Corsa
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle (Desura Alpha)
Dark Gates (Desura Alpha)
Inverto (Desura Alpha)
Nom Nom Galaxy
Paranautical Activity
Sky Nations (Desura Alpha)
Spacebase DF-9
The Body Changer (Desura Alpha)
Ultimate Space Commandos (Desura Beta)
Gnomoria
Maia (via Kickstarter)
Drifter (via Kickstarter)

Kickstarter
Republique
Distance
Starlight Inception
Wasteland 2
Elite: Dangerous
Emerald
Pillars of Eternity
The Long Dark
There Came an Echo
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
Pulse
Star Citizen
Defense Grid 2
Riot
Satellite Reign
The Banner Saga (Chapters 2 and 3)
Broken Age (Part 2)
The Mandate

Pre-orders
Hilariously, none.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Started BaS 2 yesterday and really enjoyed what I played. I still had time to play but I stopped at the part where you find the
Lutece device and Suchong talks to you
. I'll take my time with this one since it's the last we'll see of Bioshock for a long time.

Jawmuncher

KickStarter:
Shantae
Dysfunctional Systems

Preordered:
NONE

If steam has given me one great gift it's that I really have no need to buy games day 1 anymore. Unless it's MGS and Resident Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom