• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

3DS is the perfect sibling system to have as a PC gamer. Got some gnarly CS:GO/Dota queue waits? Bust that motherfucker out. Steam down for the 4th time today? One click and you're pulling weeds in your town or defaulting some faries or some shit idk if that floats your boat.

I don't play mine for extended periods but I am really glad to have it there.

My old PSP (and to a lesser extent, my tablet) fills that role for me. I think it's safe to say that any handheld makes a good companion system to the PC, so long as you enjoy the games you have for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
is there like a harem ending if you manage to get hearts with all your party in xenoblade?

like my only husbando right now is reyn

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Now that amuses me as I was going to play Burial At Sea, but I was distracted by playing Inazuma Eleven and the surprisingly fun Adventure Time game on my 3DS instead.

is there like a harem ending if you manage to get hearts with all your party in xenoblade?

like my only husbando right now is reyn

Nay, but you do get a lot of nice little conversations or wistful moments between two characters at those certain spots which I enjoyed and for those who wanted to ship certain characters together, it gave plenty to work with.

Give it time though, some modder will make the Riki marries everyone additional content eventually from the Japanese or Korean modding communities.

But yeah, definitely go vote for it on Steam Greenlight, more first person parkour games like Mirror's Edge, the better.

Aye, that's my main reason for recommending it, though of course also because I had fun playing the game as well.

Personally my hope is soon we get a strong game in this currently lacking sub-genre that has a robust and varied Create-A-Stage mode with Steamworks support. That's all that was missing from Mirror's Edge for me and since EA isn't interested, it's going to have to be a game like this to do it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
My old PSP (and to a lesser extent, my tablet) fills that role for me. I think it's safe to say that any handheld makes a good companion system to the PC, so long as you enjoy the games you have for it.

Very true, kinda miss my old PSP-1000. Finally gave up the ghost and just didn't feel like buying another at the time so 3DS it has been. My phone to a lesser extent.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, I wonder if one of those eventual and currently unannounced Steam Machines will be a portable. Well, a sorta portable of a mini-PC with just a mini monitor snap on or attached like what the Playstation 1 got.
vNxJaKc.jpg

Steam on the go... sorta, and only when it's up, never Tuesday.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I was all set to play Burial at Sea last night but I stupidly bought the season pass on the PS3 because I didn't have the Steam version then. It didn't show up on the store yesterday evening for me so I haven't done it. Should have snagged a cheap season pass during the Steam sales and traded in my PS3 copy really.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nay, but you do get a lot of nice little conversations or wistful moments between two characters at those certain spots which I enjoyed and for those who wanted to ship certain characters together, it gave plenty to work with.

Give it time though, some modder will make the Riki marries everyone additional content eventually from the Japanese or Korean modding communities.
ah i was expecting something like different endings based on your affinity levels like something like me2 suicide mission

like i don't care for dem pesky girls but reyn and dunban are my bros for life, just didn't want the game to make me choose T_T

also i think imma try and get colony 6 to max upgrade just because i love base-building systems and not do all the remaining sidequests. for someone that hates grinding as much as i do i really surprised myself with the amount of time i spent finishing up millions of sidequests. tho many of them i just powered through them after revisiting places and finding out there were quests to be accepted and who's obejctives i had already completed lol

so far i'm almost at 90 hours. that's too much for a game like this. i guess an entertaining basic gameplay is required for me to get hooked on that throwaway sidequesting thing. guess that's why i never can get any farther tan town #2 at skyrim. the combination of shitty quest design and shitty gameplay is just too stronk. and also shitty main story lol

Quick, everyone list the PC games you have preordered (this includes kickstarter/early access).

Mighty No. 9
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick, everyone list the PC games you have preordered (this includes kickstarter/early access).

Including Early Access games in general would be too much of a hassle, so I'm just going to go with the other two:

Age of Wonders 3
Carmageddon Reincarnation (via Kickstarter)
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD
Dark Souls 2
Grim Dawn (via developer's website)

Upcoming:

Trials Fusion, for the separate beta app
Probably other stuff

Edit: I forgot about DS2, haha.

Edit edit: I also forgot about Grim Dawn, which I backed a few years ago now, in 2011.

Sendou

Sure why not:

Wasteland 2
Pixel Sand (Wonder what's up with that project...)
Broken Age part 2
Starbound
DayZ

Broken Age's part 1 got me excited for part 2 and Wasteland 2 just seems like such a nice game overall so I'm happy with the above. Pixel Sand is a big question mark. Hopefully it comes along (well). Starbound was an early bonus of that one Humble Bundle so that's cool even if I haven't played it yet. DayZ isn't very playable yet IMO but I'm sure I'll have fun with that later.

MUnited83

For you.

Mighty No. 9
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

Early access:
7 Days to Die
Rust
Starbound
Pixel Piracy
Prison Architect
Overgrowth
Sir You Are Being Hunted
Divinity: Original Sin
Neo Scavenger
Verdun
Blade Simphony
Gnomoria
Underrail
Under the Ocean

Kickstarter:
Dreamfall Chapters
A Hat in Time

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Mighty No. 9
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

INCLUDES Kickstarter/Early Access?

Well, with that...

Games I have pre-ordered from Steam:
Daylight
Child of Light

Games I have from Early Access from buying on Steam:
Arcane Worlds
DayZ
Particulars
NEO Scavenger
Starbound
VOX
Project Zomboid
Nether
Steam Marines
Contagion
Aerena: Clash of Champions
Magicka: Wizard Wars
Damned
UnderRail
Edge of Space
Paranormal
UnEpic
Delver
Blade Symphony
Gnomoria
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Dream
Interstellar Marines
Paranautical Activity
Under the Ocean

Early Access Games I have from Kickstarting:
Dead State
The Dead Linger

Games I Kickstarted and have on Steam already though not available to the public right now (so early... Early Access?):
Homesick
Freedom Planet

Games I have kickstarted and already have confirmed Steam keys:
Asylum
A Hat in Time
DreadOut

zkylon

zkylewd

Mighty No. 9
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

well upcoming kickstarters are pillars of eternity, wasteland 2, torment, massive chalice, dead state, project phoenix and i'll likely preorder dark souls 2

a great future of rpgs awaits me

Divius

The paypal payment on my SEGA Humble Bundle finally went through! Alpha Protocol here I come
or rather it'll get placed on my eternal backlog

Too bad it's a single key, since all I really wanted was AP

Zeknurn

Mighty No. 9
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

I personally don't include Early Access games with preorders because I buy them for what they are when they I buy them.

So with that in mind I have nothing preordered. The last game I preordered was Simcity and we all know how that turned out.

#neverprepurchasegames

MUnited83

For you.
I personally don't include Early Access games with preorders because I buy them for what they are when they I buy them.

So with that in mind I have nothing preordered. The last game I preordered was Simcity and we all know how that turned out.

#neverprepurchasegames
#neverprepurchasegamesunlessthegameiscalledsouthparkandcouldbeboughtforunder20dollarsbeforerelease

Deques

Kickstarter
【Project Phoenix】 Japan's indie RPG feat. AAA talent!
Mighty No. 9
Project Eternity
Grim Dawn
Stonehearth

Early Access
Hawken
Starbound
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition
Magicka: Wizard Wars
Victory: The Age of Racing
8bitMMO
Paranormal
Vox
Paranautical Activity
Steam Marines
Interstellar Marines
Arcane Worlds
Aerena - Clash of Champions
MouseCraft
Particulars
Gravi
Cannons Lasers Rockets
Dethroned!
StarForge
Gnomoria
Under the Ocean
Gear Up

Pre-orders
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirrors of Fate

Sendou

The paypal payment on my SEGA Humble Bundle finally went through! Alpha Protocol here I come
or rather it'll get placed on my eternal backlog

Too bad it's a single key, since all I really wanted was AP

Don't backlog it but play it instead! That's what I just did (finished it last night) and I think it's well worth it. Very fun game. Gets a bit repeating but still manages to be a solid package for the whole time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also I will mention, the moment, the EXACT moment I find out that The Evil Within is pre-orderable on Steam, I am buying right then. I don't care if it's cheaper on GMG or whatever. I want to give money to the devs, and I really, REALLY want this game, and so happy it's releasing the same day on Steam as it is on consoles.

Sendou

Pre-ordering and backing something on kickstarter are two different things.

They feel closer to me than I initially thought. Of course if you want to get invested (meaning that you actively follow the progress and comment on it) with the game then it's not the same.

Jawmuncher

Oddly enough I am thinking of buying a few games on consoles just so I have something there to play. The Evil Within and Watch Dogs are the two main games i'm thinking of right now. Will depend on how their console performance is. If they're both 1080P and 60fps i won't need any better than that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pre-ordering and backing something on kickstarter are two different things.

Not entirely. As vague as it may be there's still the common thread of buying something that may or may not meet your expectations; the difference with traditional pre-orders is that there's usually a lot more information to go on but even so there always remains a question mark over how the final product will come together, and I'd point to Dark Souls 2 as an extreme example of something that missed the mark it was shooting for.

Oddly enough I am thinking of buying a few games on consoles just so I have something there to play. The Evil Within and Watch Dogs are the two main games i'm thinking of right now. Will depend on how their console performance is. If they're both 1080P and 60fps i won't need any better than that.

The Evil Within will likely be 60fps as it uses id Tech 5 and the Doom 4 flavour, which will officially support 30fps, is still god-knows-how-long away from being complete. Watch Dogs, on the other hand, is definitely going to be 30fps.

wat if you want oculus rift support

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just finished Burial At Sea episode 1, I really liked it. Then again Im a huge fan of Infinite. On to episode 2 then, so I can unintall Infinite again (41 gigs are you kidding me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom