• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh gawd it's so relieving to read this every now and then!

OOT doesn't even come close to the two truly best Zeldas ever (Wind Waker and Late to the Party, but I'd like to add the amazing Minish Cap too - not a fan of Majora sorry), but every time I say it suddenly a fanboy spawns bashing my opinions like I said something horrible like Mario Sunshine > Mario 64
also, I actually believe this :D
Wind Waker <3

I never finished the final boss, but there's something very peaceful and relaxing about sailing across the ocean. Plus the art style is beautiful. Only Zelda game that comes close is Twilight Princess (which is also the only one I finished). And this reminds me that I should play A Link Between Worlds, which I bought day one and haven't touched yet.

Kickstarter:
Broken Age (It was ok, waiting for part 2 but it was worth it for the documentary)
Banner Saga (didn't enjoy it)

Didn't see the need to back anything else after that, I'll get the games that have proven themselves after they're out and on sale.

EDIT:
Preordered Dark Souls 2 of course because you'd be stupid not to.

Aerocrane

Quick, everyone list the PC games you have preordered (this includes kickstarter/early access).

Kickstarter:
Mighty No9
Dex

Steam Early Access:
Blade Symphony
Next Car Game
Starbound

Steam Preorders:
Goat Simulator
Trials Fusion

PC version of The Crew is not up for preorder yet, but I'm excited for that game since it seems to expand on the Test Drive Unlimited games and take some inspiration from FUEL too. I really liked Test Drive Unlimited and since The Crew is being made by a team which includes some Eden Games people it should be a game that I will enjoy.

nampad

Quick, everyone list the PC games you have preordered (this includes kickstarter/early access).

-DayZ (bought)
-Paranormal (don't know where I got it from)
-Magicka: Wizard Wars (don't know where I got it from)
-Aerena - Clash of Champions (some bundle)
-Gnomoria (Steam thread giveaway)

Thinking about getting Rust but need to convince some friends for it to be fun.

Zia

So Escape Goat 2 is pretty interesting and way more polished than the first, even if the actual goat movement still feels kind of shitty. I'm really interested in a postmortem detailing Double Fine's involvement in bringing the game to Steam. Very cool initiative.

Kleevah

Any impressions for Cloudbuilt? It was always one of those early greenlight games that looked very interesting but you never hear anything about. €20 is just a bit too pricey for a blind purchase though...

Panzon

Don't know if this has been posted, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

Fable: The Lost Chapters is $1.49 on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AR05D5A/?tag=neogaf0e-20 (Steam code)

EDIT: Apparently no 360 (or any) controller support. Damn. Hopefully JoyToKey will solve that issue.

Hey I bought this last night and then it occured to me this is probably just a dlc. Is that the case or is it the complete game?

Next Indie Royale will focus on Ludosity games. Should be coming soon enough.

rMFYOSl.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I bought this last night and then it occured to me this is probably just a dlc. Is that the case or is it the complete game?

Lost Chapters is an extended rerelease; it's basically a director's cut of the game with all of the old features along with a few new ones implemented in the game.

derExperte

AHA-Lambda

Mighty No. 9
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Hyper Light Drifter
Wasteland 2
Xenonauts
Day Z

Early Access:
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Starbound

Kickstarter:
Wasteland 2

Preorders:
Destiny (PS4)

Tizoc

Ugh got my payslip for the month but after having to pay for various house stuff and the like...I'm kinda greatful there aren't any big games releasing this month =_=
Hopefully games that I want go on sale for $10 or less...

Can't Atlus publish some Japanese games instead?

Japan doesn't acknowledge PC gaming.
...and come on man it's the new Tex Murphy game! Thanks for the heads up Jase will add it to my wishlist soon.

Any impressions for Cloudbuilt? It was always one of those early greenlight games that looked very interesting but you never hear anything about. €20 is just a bit too pricey for a blind purchase though...

From what I've seen it looks really good. One of the 2 problems I've been able to glimpse with it so far is in it's movement system, meaning that momentum doesn't seem to have any impact on stopping. It's very start and stop. Fortunately it seems like momentum does have an impact on speed and turning. The other is that it doesn't appear to take a controller, which is odd for a game like this.

Aside from that it has a nice aesthetic (although it does have this weird filter), the soundtrack is phenomenal, and the level design makes me cream my pants. A parkour game with multiple paths to the end that rewards experimentation and exploration. Hnnnngggg.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm sure planning on it.

Mighty No.9 (Most I've ever spent on a game, but for a megaman fanboy this is a dream come true).
Sir, You are Being Hunted. (Probably my favorite survival game right now, have yet to actually beat it, it's gonna be great when it's finished. Please buy it to give the devs more money.)

Those are the only 2 games I currently have purchased before their full release because they're both promising enough to justify the risk that comes with purchasing an incomplete game.

Also here are 2 games I'm going to pre-order as soon as they're announced:

Elder Scrolls VI: Elswyer (I can dream)
BOI: Rebirth

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Squeenix sale may be en route as every non-Nosgoth Squeenix sub was just updated. I still need FF8 so I'd be okay with this.

JaseC

So who wants to invite me to the Steam group? My profile name is nampad. Thanks.

I accidentally invited you to the wrong group, haha. I can't invite people to groups using Firefox (seriously, Valve, it's been almost a year now) and the client wasn't giving me a scrollbar to see the rest of the list.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Speaking of Crusader Kings II, what other expansions are really good that aren't included in the Collection?

The Old Gods is the best one imo, it allows you to start in 867 AD and is centered around vikings,pagans and zoroastrians. GMG has a 75% discount on it right now

The other one that isn't included is Sons of Abraham, which lets you play as a Jew and of course the newest one, Rajas of India

radMonkey

Partially.

I had them unlink my Steam account from playfire account (a) and made a new playfire account (b) and linked my Steam account there.

I have screenshots of my rewards that were never credited since December and an open ticket... I'm asking them to credit me but I'm still waiting for a response.

Sorry been busy lately. What's your CS number and I'll look into it. There's a bug that affects some users, we've deployed a few fixes, so hopefully you should be alright going forward, but if you let me know your Playfire username I'll take a look.

Because they're useless. They don't award retroactively, so if you've already played the game and gotten the achievements prior, you're SOL. It's basically a ploy to get you to buy games from them during the reward period.

Giving them retroactively just isn't a viable business model I'm afraid. What we do instead - and have done since early February - is make sure nearly all new releases have rewards. If it's a big title like Thief, South Park etc. we've been offering rewards for every single achievement. So we can't offer rewards retro actively but we can reward people who do buy games on day one. As for the rewards that are added for older games, these aren't really there to target the early adopters, this is done to give something to people who have only just picked up a game, like in the GMG sales. Currently we offer more rewards to the guys and gals that buy games on release. Something small, but a thank you. Lastly, we've just started in the last 2 weeks adding two old games to a head-to-head where you guys can vote which one we give rewards for. Hope that helps give some context to the program? Let me know if you have anymore questions. It is BETA so we're still experimenting a fair bit to be honest.

-Ben

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I accidentally invited you to the wrong group, haha. I can't invite people to groups using Firefox (seriously, Valve, it's been almost a year now) and the client wasn't giving me a scrollbar to see the rest of the list.

Don't worry I'm on it. I use a superior browser.

Jawmuncher

A Squeenix sale may be en route as every non-Nosgoth Squeenix sub was just updated. I still need FF8 so I'd be okay with this.

Guarantee we'll see thief for 50% off there.
If that isn't already on sale at the moment. Which all but confirms 75% off come the holiday sale just like Tomb Raider last year.

nampad

http://blog.muchmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fry.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Your nickname (?) is my real name.
[IMG]http://blog.muchmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fry.gif

I figured that. I'm no dirty Aussie :p

okayfrog

Banned
Can't Atlus publish some Japanese games instead?

Srsly. I want Conception 2 and Etrian Odyssey and SMTIV, but I do not want to pay $30-40 for them or buy them digitally on my 3DS... but I might end up buying one of 'em as I would like to play a new JRPG. Haven't played one in a while.

Sooo, Kickstarter and pre-orders eh?

Let me see, I contributed to four Kickstarters:
Asylum
Project Phoenix
Mighty N°9 (Another Mega Man tard here)
Project Nimbus (aka, Armored Core for PC, doing what FROM doesn't)

Pre-orders:
That new Castlevania game (Mirror of Fate) before they attempt to region lock it or something. Btw, I need to correct people here, this game is NOT available in Japan. At least not yet. So, unfortunately, it's not available everywhere. Friends in Japan browse the thread so, yeah, Konami...
Dark Souls 2 (because in Durante we trust)

Very little time to play really, started Bioshock Infinite and I can't bring myself to continue after 4 hours... Freaking Titanfall totally put me off most FPS where I can't parkour, wall run and double jump. Skylines ain't no replacement for parkouring!

JaseC

Don't worry I'm on it. I use a superior browser.

The last time I tried to use Chrome the import function didn't bring over all of my
Saoirse-related
history/bookmarks and I couldn't stand for that.

Pretty sure that's a Ubisoft game

Yeah. I don't think Squeenix has anything similar... the closest parallel would probably be Final Fantasy but even it's relatively far removed.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot about FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom