• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just kidding.

I play GB/GBA/SNES/PS2 games frequently and I just picked up a PS3 a few months ago.
What PS3 games did you pick up? Personally I'd say Demons' Souls and TLOU are must plays, and GTA V if you can't hold out for a potential PC version. Also Shadow of the Colossus HD if you've never played it

Garcia

the shitty gimped ps3 version of dark souls 2 has sufficiently pissed me off for the evening.

the more I play the more I don't like game in general too. such a disappointment.

I jet through DS2 and missed probably half of the items because of that. Disgraceful experience and it only accentuates now that I'm replaying Dark Souls on PC (with DSFix <3).

impact

Banned
I jet through DS2 and missed probably half of the items because of that. Disgraceful experience and it only accentuates now that I'm replaying Dark Souls on PC (with DSFix <3).

I tried to wash my hands after DS2 with 1080p60fps Dark Souls but there was no guilty to invade. I was sad.

DS2 has some beautiful locations that are clearly bogged down by the shitty hardware, I'm so eager to see what they look like on PC.
Dragons Aerie
is gonna be orgasmic I imagine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What PS3 games did you pick up? Personally I'd say Demons' Souls and TLOU are must plays, and GTA V if you can't hold out for a potential PC version. Also Shadow of the Colossus HD if you've never played it

I still need to finish TLOU. At this rate it'll probably happen on the PS4.

I have not played Demon's yet.. I bought my ps3 back in september with the intent of playing gta5 and then Demon's Souls immediately after. I got distracted and it didn't end up happening. I still plan on playing it one day but I think I'm objective enough to not let one experience bleed over into another.
I think it's just the kind of series where you're going to cherish your first one and sequels aren't going to have the same sort of luster. Happened to me going into Dark, and I'm sure it'll be the case for me with DS2, but I've found that my first playthroughs are the ones I end up enjoying least. In fact, Demon's didn't even click with me until I replayed it, and the sense of freedom you feel once you learn the ropes, level layouts, what weapons you want to use, etc., is when I really started to get into it big time.

A little less than a month now before I know how I'll feel about 2.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-79BDAD020FC4EB9A - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-0AAD2634580507E2 - Taken by waby. 8 entrants total.

t1395970950z1.png

Extras

Salsa

:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SalsaShark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-6F45AA68C8429E5D - Taken by Garcia

vermadas

Shovel Knight

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jo-uuawy9Ok

Okay, so it's not 100% confirmed for April, but "a few weeks after" March 31st sounds like it to me. This game hearkens back to 8-bit Capcom and takes more than a fair share of inspiration from the likes of Mega Man and Ducktales. If that's not enough for you, Jake &#8220;Virt&#8221; Kaufman is doing the soundtrack. Yeah, it's going to be awesome.

---

What's sad is that Shovel Knight is probably ranked 3rd on games I'm most anticipating for April behind Dark Souls 2 and Trials Fusion. I can't remember the last time so many titles that I've been highly anticipating were coming out within a short time span.

Garcia

Dragons Aerie
is gonna be orgasmic I imagine.

My favorite part of the whole game. The beautiful "Praise the Sun" moment that occurs once you kill
the red dragon
before taking the lift to the
Dragons Aerie
is a wonderful crescendo. Both the
Aerie and Shrine
(together with
the Ancient Dragon
boss fight) are the pinnacle of DS2 for me.

Edit: Salsa, thank you for the game!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a way to disable the new filtering options in Enhanced Steam? Not digging the delay before anything shows up in the new releases tab.

EDIT: nvm seems like ticking the checkbox does that.

Yeah, checking the box should do the trick. It should have been checked by default...

I'm working on speeding up the process - I'm hoping that Valve will add the game's "actual" release date to the Steam API.

Out of curiosity: how is that possible?

The Chrome version of Enhanced Steam has a feature that lists ALL of your friends that own a particular game on the "Friends that own" page, not just the ones that have recently played it.

http://steamcommunity.com/my/friendsthatplay/281050

Sadly, Mozilla doesn't allow this type of behavior in Firefox extensions.

Grief.exe

I have Last of Us as well, just no case for it yet. Planning on adding Shadow, Okami, and Journey at the very least to my collection. I have both SotC and Okami on PS2, but the HD versions are very good while the emulation is spotty.

WR61gvy.jpg

Miguel81

I have Last of Us as well, just no case for it yet. Planning on adding Shadow, Okami, and Journey at the very least to my collection. I have both SotC and Okami on PS2, but the HD versions are very good while the emulation is spotty.

WR61gvy.jpg

Now, you have great taste! All of those are fantastic.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
He's awful if you know Japanese though. It's not the best told story, even if I did enjoy the non-talking parts of it.

Echoplx

Yeah, checking the box should do the trick. It should have been checked by default...

I'm working on speeding up the process - I'm hoping that Valve will add the game's "actual" release date to the Steam API.

I must have enabled it while still half asleep this morning, I really need to stay away from computers when I wake up :p

impact

Banned

WR61gvy.jpg

These are all amazing games. Definitely give GoW3 a shot too, it's really cheap these days and has some of the best boss fights in the series and best graphics this side of 512MB RAM.

I just picked up Deus Ex HR DC on Steam. Was debating that or Hitman Blood Money but I hear too many good things about Deus Ex. /salute Derrick01

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I have the games on consoles, but I'm tempted to double-dip on those Legacy of Kain games on sale...

...But then I hear they run like crap on PC, and don't have controller support? Is that true? :(

Jintor

There isn't some kind of enhanced steam plugin for the client, is there? Any time I try and use Steam in-browser it a) wants a new steamguard code, b) is in Norweigan, c) doesn't work

impact

Banned
I have the games on consoles, but I'm tempted to double-dip on those Legacy of Kain games on sale...

...But then I hear they run like crap on PC, and don't have controller support? Is that true? :(

Soul Reaver 1 is so bad on PC. It's locked at what seems like 20fps and has no controller support. Not sure about the rest of the games but one wasted purchase was enough to keep me from trying out the rest.

Corpekata

Banned

Most have controller support, just not the warped version everyone thinks of "My 360 pad works automagically and it even has button prompts."

They're old games, so you might have to go into the menu and assign things depending on your pad, but they do have support. I think the first game doesn't, but I know for sure Defiance does.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There isn't some kind of enhanced steam plugin for the client, is there? Any time I try and use Steam in-browser it a) wants a new steamguard code, b) is in Norweigan, c) doesn't work

Have you used the Chrome version lately? I can't really fix a), but for b) it will now display a warning when your language gets reset, and c) it should work fine. (?)

There is a version for the client - you can find details here or download it here.

* It's still somewhat basic in features, hopefully I'll have time to update it after I finish up the new Firefox version next week.

Jintor

You can fix the language issue by clicking here, but, yeah, there is a "standalone" version.

Have you used the Chrome version lately? I can't really fix a), but for b) it will now display a warning when your language gets reset, and c) it should work fine.

There is a version for the client - you can find details here or download it here.

* It's still somewhat basic in features, hopefully I'll have time to update it after I finish up the new Firefox version next week.

thanks ya'll. you're good people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom