• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Realms of Arkania 1, 2 and 3 just got cards, talk about random

oipic

Everything good with Xelios? He removed many of us from his friends list and now his profile is set to private.

Xelios, I hope you're doing alright out there. Busy writing and playing games when you can, I hope! Your presence is missed in these parts.

Xel's Steam reviews have swayed me to buy at least a dozen games, I reckon - they're thoughtful, insightful, balanced, and unerringly well written. I trust Xel's knowledgeable views implicitly, so I'm very glad to see that the marking of a profile as private doesn't hide reviews - I guess they might just take a little more seeking to unearth now.

aku:jiki

Thanks to DJ Crimson for HOARD! Any game that has the tag "dragons" has a place in my library.

Now to find a game that has the tags "dragons" and "space".

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Can we keep all these ps3/console considerations for the million other threads on the board ?

Can I talk about my vita/3DS? :p

Guys I want start finishing some of my steam library and I'm already near the end in Arkham Asylum but I was hooked on Mario Kart 7 and now that my vita finally got here I'm hooked on Persona 4 Golden(and for some reason Most Wanted which I hated on consoles/PC but enjoy it when I'm playing it on my vita while traveling for some reason).

Steam advice hotline wut iz its im posed to do :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I installed an R9 270X and the newest ATI drivers for it and it works fine but RadeonPro makes this pop up when I launch it.

ibxGTHREnzhV9C.png

Huh? I mean, it works after that anyway...

Tellaerin

I installed an R9 270X and the newest ATI drivers for it and it works fine but RadeonPro makes this pop up when I launch it.

ibxGTHREnzhV9C.png

All I can think of whenever I see "SMB" is Super Mario Bros. >.>

(Not very helpful, I know, but it reminded me of the whole acronym confusion thing from a page or so back.)

The-Bean

ibxGTHREnzhV9C.png

I'm guessing it just means it doesn't recognize your GPU, RadeonPro has yet to be updated to support the newer cards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm guessing it just means it doesn't recognize your GPU, RadeonPro has yet to be updated to support the newer cards.

The latest version was released in November and specifically addresses R9 2xx support.

Edit: Judging from review dates the 270X may have launched too late into the month to be included.

Edit edit: Actually, it was the 270 that released in November, not the 270X. Weird.

Tak3n

Banned
Right....Enough is Enough

Steam need to do something

New Releases Today

Riding Star
My Vet Practice: In the country
My Riding Stables: Life with horses
My Pet hotel 2
My Pet hotel
My best Friends- cats and dogs

just bloody stupid

aku:jiki

You are almost done?
I will never be done
I decided to check that out and when I saw the summary I was like jshackles pls I totally don't have 54 games with drops left in them.

Then I scrolled down... :(

Tak3n said:

New Releases Today

Riding Star
My Pet hotel 2
My Pet hotel

just bloody stupid
What's the problem? I'm not into horse games but if they're decent enough, why not?

Deques

Hail to Origin when Steam is down

Want a free Origin game?
FIFA 12 is free in this website

Enter this code K0SGY4P1 and then enter

Don't wanna download the Origin client? Redeem the key here

The site might be overloaded, so spam as much as you want until you get a key. You might get a dupe key so spam more ^^

Arthea

I tried from different computer (and location) today, still can't buy anything from steam store, I get the same "try again" message.
It seems I have to contact Valve, after all

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

New Releases Today

Riding Star
My Pet hotel 2
My Pet hotel

just bloody stupid

Oh they're going to do something.

Have even more games like that come out when they enable self publishing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reposting this for Euro GAF or whoever is awake atm because I still have some keys left: Heyo guys, you might know me as the guy who randomly jumps in here and screams about games you should try.

There is this really neat post-apocalyptic turn based survival sim that screams for more publicity, called NEO Scavenger. I also made a thread for it if you want to read up on it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700141

SUbfFcr.png

NEO Scavenger is a turn-based, rogue-like RPG where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!

The game is on Steam early access and can be currently had for $1 during the Humble Weekly sale (even including the good and challenging puzzle game Offspring Fling if you buy it yourself):
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Thing is, this game is way, way, way too good to be overlooked and I'd love more people to check it out. I'll gift 15 copies of this game over in the thread (linked above) to the first people voicing their interest in that thread (I wont monitor the Steam thread closely so make sure to post over there) in return for you guys posting some impressions in that thread & maybe also in here to help bumping the thread/raising awareness of the game or even telling the world that you believe it is utter crap after you tried it

If we have a deal, head over here and let me know:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700141

I'll send out the links by tomorrow as buying the games might take me a while.

Jawmuncher

Just played Dinner Date. Interesting to say the least though it doesn't really live up to it's potential. I get that you're supposed to be the guys subconscious but you really only just mess around with buttons until the game wants you to move forward. interesting idea just doesn't feel like they pulled it off as well as they could have.

Anteater

clearly! And he's right more or less, I already have too many games, putting restraint like this doesn't stop me from buying elsewhere, but at least his conscience is clean (><)

bandwidth cap for those who already has too many games to cut cost, ingenius :0

Arthea

Just played Dinner Date. Interesting to say the least though it doesn't really live up to it's potential. I get that you're supposed to be the guys subconscious but you really only just mess around with buttons until the game wants you to move forward. interesting idea just doesn't feel like they pulled it off as well as they could have.

I thought it has reputation of bad rats more or less.

bandwidth cap for those who already has too many games to cut cost, ingenius :0

I know!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
next time Mirror of Fate is on sale, on steam or amazon / GMG or something, dont sleep on it, its great and a legit castlevania. It also has ridiculous pacing (in a good way), you keep getting new shit and going to new zones at a blitzing pace, so much so that im not even doing much backtracking when I get new powers, the game keeps pushing you forward (I did some tho and got more life and mana and whatnot, what you expect from these games)

Really pleasantly surprised with it. Also, if you dont know about the story from the 3DS / console release days, try not to spoil yourself, since the story has gameplay implications

Jawmuncher

I know!

I wouldn't say it's that bad it's over fairly quick. It just sort of happens and leaves.
It's really the equivalent of watching a video where you can mash on the buttons to change the camera angles. Like I said I can see what they were trying to do but it just doesn't work out. Would have been better if being the subconscious you could choose words that float around for example to shift what he is talking about. So if you want him to be a depressed character or someone with a more positive outlook. Sure I guess that's just the regular conscious but I doubt anyone would be that picky over that detail.......I have probably thought more of this game than the developers have.

Copons

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-FA7C7EB2503F0752 - Taken by Evrain

So many bundlez, so few games to play, so much trash for the +1, just one to give away. :(

It is a brilliant game.

No really.

It is about a guy sitting down to dinner being all depressed. At first you think it is poor, because of the crap graphics, limited animation and lack of things to do.

But then you play more and it hits you. The guy in the game isn't the depressed one, it is you. You are the person who paid money for Dinner Date. Worse, you sat down and played it and the time you spent on it? You will never, ever get it back.

And we all don't have that much time to waste.

Of all the things to do in life, you chose to spend part of it on Dinner Date. Somehow everything you have ever done led you to sitting in front of your computer booting it up. All the good times, all the bad times and everything you have learnt has come to this.

Now you have to finish it, because it is too late. There is nothing else to do but internally resolve to never spend time playing a game like this again. From this point on you want to start living.

This is why Dinner Date is important. More than any other game, It might change your life.

Bad Rats on the other hand is just another bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom