• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Well cards finally sold, batman is mine!

Now to download 25 gigabytes :<

I'm actually eager to play the game, maybe it has to do with the game being from a different developer so I'm interested to see what they have improved on if any. And Batman kind of looks cooler.

I actually didn't mind Borderlands 1. Maybe it was the novelty of it.
Somehow with BL2 they just gave up.
Hell it felt even worse to play. The level-design just made it so that I was constantly getting back-attacked. The guns seemed to suck even harder than originally. Also can't believe Gearbox thought having bucks in every single safe/mailbox/toilet/??? was a good enough idea to continue using.
I'm like you I prefer BLands 1 to BLands 2, I think a part of why has to do with how much quicker it is to get started in Blands1 than in Blands2, for Blands1 you're basically in tutorial mode until around your fight with Bone Head.

That takes around 30 minutes or so to get to, in Blands 2 you're in tutorial mode until you leave the entire ice area, which takes around 90 minutes, and that is just so annoying for me that I can't replay Blands 2 as much as Blands 1(For reference, I have 72 hours on the original, and 52 on the sequel)

Zeknurn

That's The Stanley Parable, Antichamber and Brothers completed this week. All great games and especially Antichamber was excellent. I really hope we get to see more like it from the same developer.

Screw you backlog.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So if you want to get the Dark Knight stealth challenges out of the way in one run of Batman: Arkham Origins, the 14th challenge has to be done in like the worst area ever.... plus it's really fucking hard. I just gave up. New game plus will have some better opportunities I think. Still, fuck that.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Sang-Froid Tales of the Werewolf -- MB-E51A49355EE485B5 - Taken by Ezalc. 18 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-7F8A6518116CB1A0 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 13 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-3887C3A54AAF7042 - Taken by Annubis. 44 entrants total.

t1396028372z1.png

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey y'all! Just a heads up that a huge Cook, Serve, Delicious patch is on the way that'll bring massive amounts of stuff, including this: https://t.co/fFV242E1pv It'll go in beta over the weekend hopefully.

Anyways I just wanted to say thank you for all the support you guys gave me for the game. Looks like it *might* end up on PS consoles later this year, and there's no way that would have been possible without Steam. Hugs for everyone!

Once the beta is out I'll post the password to get in and give away some copies of the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man still 1 month till DS2 :/ Im glad my ps3 isnt setup anymore, or I would have caved the other day and bought that version when I was at the store and saw it on the shelf

bought Deus Ex HR Director's Cut and I have a quick question: if I just want to play the Missing Link DLC without playing the main game all over again is there a way to do that?

Copons

Hey y'all! Just a heads up that a huge Cook, Serve, Delicious patch is on the way that'll bring massive amounts of stuff, including this: https://t.co/fFV242E1pv It'll go in beta over the weekend hopefully.

Anyways I just wanted to say thank you for all the support you guys gave me for the game. Looks like it *might* end up on PS consoles later this year, and there's no way that would have been possible without Steam. Hugs for everyone!

Once the beta is out I'll post the password to get in and give away some copies of the game.

WOLOLOLOLO

I've just told the news to my girlfriend and she gave me the most dramatic dramatic chipmunk look!
And just when Sid Meier got to finally steal her playtime from you!

Just out of curiosity, how does the NG+ works?
Because right now there isn't a NG+? Right? RIGHT? I'd feel the dumbest if it has been there all along and I never noticed it. :D

With FF VII being a crappy 33% off... and me having no other way of getting to play it:

- Does this version still feature that separate launch screen/DRM thing or is it a regular Steam game?

- Does it go on sale often / should i wait for a better deal bound to happen soonish or bite now?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just hit level 10 and got my first showcase

question: can i change my showcase later or once i pick one that's it unless i hit level 20?

Jawmuncher

With FF VII being a crappy 33% off... and me having no other way of getting to play it:

- Does this version still feature that separate launch screen/DRM thing or is it a regular Steam game?

- Does it go on sale often / should i wait for a better deal bound to happen soonish or bite now?

It was way cheaper during the winter sale. Will probably hit a similar price in the summer.

Copons

I was thinking to start Alpha Protocol, and I remember people suggesting a "best" way to enjoy it (like: using only pistols or something).
Somebody cares to help me on this before I trash every point in submachineguns and rocket launchers?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
WOLOLOLOLO

I've just told the news to my girlfriend and she gave me the most dramatic dramatic chipmunk look!
And just when Sid Meier got to finally steal her playtime from you!

Just out of curiosity, how does the NG+ works?
Because right now there isn't a NG+? Right? RIGHT? I'd feel the dumbest if it has been there all along and I never noticed it. :D

Right, there's no NG+ right now. It'll be unlocked when you get your Platinum Star restaurant, then you can start a new save file and it'll transfer some stuff over to the new save (customer count, achievement progress) and make things way harder. Muhahaha!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some Groupees Extras! Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-E0A1362F72EBFD09 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Half Minute Hero -- MB-8D3B75F563893CB0 - Taken by Khronico

just hit level 10 and got my first showcase

question: can i change my showcase later or once i pick one that's it unless i hit level 20?

Yup. You can change any showcases whenever you want, so you're not stuck with a TF2 items showcase after selling off your backpack or something like that.

Copons

Right, there's no NG+ right now. It'll be unlocked when you get your Platinum Star restaurant, then you can start a new save file and it'll transfer some stuff over to the new save (customer count, achievement progress) and make things way harder. Muhahaha!

My restaurant is so platinum I don't even care to allow Michelin reviewers inside because three Michelin stars would probably lower my grade, so please Chuby, instead of hanging out here laughing and chillaxing, go work on the update like RIGHT NOW PLZ I need my CSD fix so bad
also because I haven't touched it in weeks, so I'm probably gonna suck so much I'm gonna regret going NG+ :D

Anyone know what the patch for One Finger Death Punch was for this morning?

Edit: NVM. I'm stupid. Forgot to check the date on the twitter account. I'm a moron today.

The gunplay is betrayed by the fact that the weapons suck pretty hard and all your enemies are bullet sponges, but I dunno. I also hate Serious Sam for similar reasons and a lot of people like that game, too.

The weapons sucking isn't really the issue there, it's that the weapons you get can be pretty random in quality. Sometimes you'll get a gun at level three that will carry you through half the game. Sometimes you'll play through it with nothing but really shitty guns that barely tickle the enemy.

Also I love spongy games. The length of the battles make up for my slow reaction time.

Turfster

I was thinking to start Alpha Protocol, and I remember people suggesting a "best" way to enjoy it (like: using only pistols or something).
Somebody cares to help me on this before I trash every point in submachineguns and rocket launchers?

Pistols are broken as fuck, as far as I remember.
I think stealth shotgun was OP, but don't quote me on that. (It's been a lot of years)

For you it may be Ambrosia. For Morningbus it is Gray Death.

Not just morningbus. Fucking Blands 1 & 2.

ezodagrom

Between March 27 and March 31 different Square Enix games will get high discounts every day, most likely FF7 and FF8 will get a 24 hour long high discount in one of these days (probably somewhere between 50% and 75%).

Myshkin

More great news. Nice work!

okayfrog

Banned
Hey hey hey now. For those of use who like shooting and grinding loot in equal amounts (ok, maybe we like grinding more) Borderlands 2 is like ambrosia.

I tried playing BL2 with my friend during free weekend and we both got extremely bored after like an hour or two. That being said, I put 30+ hours into the first game just by myself, listening to music, so I look forward to the second dropping to $7.50 so I can do the same. GotY edition, of course... though, that doesn't contain all the DLC. Damn.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Retroactive achievement unlocks for lesser grade medals. So if you're like me and have the achievement for 50 platinum medals, then you'll see the ones for bronze/gold/silver unlock.

Can confirm. Booted up the game and unlocked 9 achievements.

I tried playing BL2 with my friend during free weekend and we both got extremely bored after like an hour or two. That being said, I put 30+ hours into the first game just by myself, listening to music, so I look forward to the second dropping to $7.50 so I can do the same. GotY edition, of course... though, that doesn't contain all the DLC. Damn.

Yeah, getting it on sale is the way to go for most people. The rest of the DLC honestly doesn't add much and is pretty cheap, so you can take it or leave it. As long as you have Assault on Dragon's Keep you're set.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I am thankful for Tiny Tina existing though, because it is basically shorthand for me when it comes to passing final, irreconcilable judgement upon a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom