• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume GAF would know:
Is there a way to list your recently acquired games, like sorting your library according to date of acquisition instead of alphabetical?
I think following the path of JaseC and getting every game you can I'm missing some, I remember liking some in a recent bundle and even thought about installing it, but can't remember which was it, so getting a list would be great.
Arthea, RPG Maker alert

3 Stars of Destiny

$15, 33% off until 04.04
Question is, 3 stars out of 5 or 10?

Jawmuncher

It's easier to use RenPy, I guess.
Also, more cost efficient (RenPy is AFAIK free vs paid license for commercial RPG Maker games).

I didn't know that even existed. I might mess around with it. Can't make anything good but I might manage some funny steamGAF related nonsense.

_hekk05

Banned
I just got back from hospital so I'm still under the effects of the painkillers, it's not too bad.

The fracture goes right across my tibia bone just under the knee, there was no displacement so everything is still where it's meant to be. With any luck it will heal naturally with a brace but I might need surgery depending on how the scans next week go.

On the plus side I found out hospital food is amazing! Might have to go there more often :p

You must still be high then. I remember when I broke my scalphoid (wrist). At first it didn't hurt that much, and I numbed it with ice. Thought it was only a sprain. That night, it hurt so much I couldn't sleep a wink.

Goddam hospital only gave me frigging panadol for painkillers. Had to endure a couple more nights of pain before I could sleep reasonably well.

Knurek

I didn't know that even existed. I might mess around with it. Can't make anything good but I might manage some funny steamGAF related nonsense.

Used by Katawa Shoujo, Christine Love games, Long Live The Queen and Dysfunctional Systems (plus loads of other games), so yeah, you could say it's widely used.

Tizoc

The season pass is £12, I got it the other day. Which I guess is a deal, in terms of , you'd be getting the two episodes for the retail price of one, with the horde mode thrown in.

No offense brah but I got Bioshock Infinite Season pass for $5 during a pricing error ;)

MRORANGE

iZGnhxF8VaR58.png

User recommendations for upcoming games in April - How to submit

Know about a game that is coming out next month on Steam? Then tell us by posting in the steam thread on why it deserves to be on Gaf's radar, each month the games with the the best reviews will put on the OT.
We are doing this for the first time, so don't worry if it's not fantastic, as long as it's 50-100 words we should be good.

PM the post you want to submit so I know.

t1396222200z0.png

Depends.[/QUOTE]

No offense brah but I got Bioshock Infinite Season pass for $5 during a pricing error ;)

Haha wait, you didn't say anything about Bioshock did you? I read the post above and assumed you were asking about the DLC. Why would I be offended that you got it for $5 anyway? Haha.

Tizoc

Haha wait, you didn't say anything about Bioshock did you? I read the post above and assumed you were asking about the DLC. Why would I be offended that you got it for $5 anyway? Haha.

Nah I'm just askin in general if GMG added any new deals.
Come on Playfire, tell me you got cash rewards for GOAT Simulator!

I assume GAF would know:
Is there a way to list your recently acquired games, like sorting your library according to date of acquisition instead of alphabetical?
I think following the path of JaseC and getting every game you can I'm missing some, I remember liking some in a recent bundle and even thought about installing it, but can't remember which was it, so getting a list would be great.

Question is, 3 stars out of 5 or 10?

There might be a better, less clunky way, but if you go to your account details you can look at your licenses, store transactions, and market transactions. The Store transactions is basically a list of everything you've bought in chronoligical order.

JustinBB7

Can you access that short tomb dlc for Tomb Raider through the menu? Or is it in the middle of single player?

Talking about Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC.

I know it's only like 15 minutes, but it's like 16 cents on Steam so for completion sakes, why not. That's even less than some cards lol.

Lunaniem

Can you access that short tomb dlc for Tomb Raider through the menu? Or is it in the middle of single player?

Talking about Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC.

I know it's only like 15 minutes, but it's like 16 cents on Steam so for completion sakes, why not. That's even less than some cards lol.

It shows up in the single player as an optional area.

JustinBB7

It shows up in the single player as an optional area.

Hm, dunno if I still have my save..

Edit: Oh it has Steam cloud, I'll just download and see if I can free roam, don't wanna replay for just one 15 min dlc lol.

Edit 2: Though my Steam Cloud for it is empty..hmmm

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
After putting 25 hours or so into it so far, I have to say Two Worlds 2 has been one of my biggest gaming surprises in a loooooooooooong time. I liked the first one, it was hilariously shit and broken, but it wasn't really a great game. This however is a genuinely damn fine RPG once you get past the pretty naff first hour or so. It also looks surprisingly nice even 3 - 4 years later. Really enjoying it tbh, it's got its hooks into me.

Hanzou

Are the original Tom Raider 1 and 2 playable in their original state? I assume 360 controller support will need to be faked with a 3rd party program. Otherwise, do the games function fine on 64 bit Windows 7?

Ruruja

After putting 25 hours or so into it so far, I have to say Two Worlds 2 has been one of my biggest gaming surprises in a loooooooooooong time. I liked the first one, it was hilariously shit and broken, but it wasn't really a great game. This however is a genuinely damn fine RPG once you get past the pretty naff first hour or so. It also looks surprisingly nice even 3 - 4 years later. Really enjoying it tbh, it's got its hooks into me.

I pondered over getting that Bundlestars bundle with it in for aaaaaaages before deciding not to, now you've made me ponder again.

How is the bureau in general? I understand it got some kickback for not being Enemy Unknown, but as it's own thing? I thought pretty highly of 2K Marin after Bioshock 2. Is the story any good?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I pondered over getting that Bundlestars bundle with it in for aaaaaaages before deciding not to, now you've made me ponder again.

The bundlestars bundle is £3 or something isn't it ? It's most definitely worth that much. It's a bit janky with some of the animation but the games been very surprisingly bug free so far.

I wonder why we haven't see more RPG Maker VNs.
That can be used to make them can't they?

It can. I've goofed around with making a few but I've never really finished them. I could totally see someone making some really good VNs with that thing though. Then again, A VN is also possibly the easiest type of game to make (you know, ignoring the art/story/amount of content pieces) so there's no real reason why you'd need to use RPG Maker to do it. Hell, even a beginner could probably code one with Java.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any US/AUS gaffers willing to help me with a Tomb Raider purchase? I will pay you the equivalent in keys

What's the difference between Tomb Raider Survival Edition and Tomb Raider GOTY Edition?

The survial edition includes some of the dlc the goty edition includes more but i think even if you buy the goty your still missing some dlc

Any US gaffers willing to help me with a Tomb Raider purchase? I will pay you the equivalent in keys
I can help ya if ya want i have some goty editions

Bought yesterday FF7, if I knew that I need a Squeenix account I wouldn't.

Also, does that online save system work?

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. I started a game on my laptop but when I installed the game on my desktop I didn't have my save data, but I could have just done something stupid.

How is the bureau in general? I understand it got some kickback for not being Enemy Unknown, but as it's own thing? I thought pretty highly of 2K Marin after Bioshock 2. Is the story any good?

It's fine. Not great, not terrible. Think of the Mass Effect combat system, where you're ordering 2 lackeys around to flank and whatnot (using a time-slow tactical button that slows time down while you're issuing commands and whatnot), triggering various powers from your Super Techno Backpacks, and going from cover to cover. The lackeys are occasionally (okay, somewhat frequently), dumb as hammers so you end up doing more yourself than you probably should, and sheperding them through a level can get kind of annoying as you are more fragile than you'd think. But if you enjoy Mass Effect combat, you'll dig this, as there's not many other games doing that style of play these days.

The level design isn't bad, there's some fun period detail in the set dressing, and the missions occasionally take interesting "left turns" that you don't expect, which keeps you on your toes. The between mission stuff at the base is fun enough, but not ultra-memorable.

In short, it's fine. Seems like everyone online always has to paint things as either the GREATEST THING EVAR or the most horrible blight on gaming the world has ever seen. This is neither. I had fun, felt it lasted about the right amount of time, and got my money's worth. But I also really dug the whole Mass Effect "tactical combat" system, so it was already up my alley.

Ehh. It's kinda like Space Marine. Not in gameplay, but in how it's a fully serviceable game that doesn't really do anything superbly but also isn't really bad in any way. If you think it looks interesting get it and you'll probably enjoy it.

Anteater

I don't think batman's zoomed in camera when he walks is really that necessary, the game pretty much zooms out for every action like stealth and dashing, they should just have a more zoomed out default camera, I think it would look a lot cooler too.

I just can't get the fov fix to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom