• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The survial edition includes some of the dlc the goty edition includes more but i think even if you buy the goty your still missing some dlc

Yeah, I'll clarify here that the GOTY Edition does not include the Survival Edition bonus content.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
What's up with the sales lately? A couple days ago Deus Ex HR DC was $5 now it's $10, and yesterday FF7 was $4 now it's $8. What a weird thing to do.

JaseC

;SteveWinwood;105337118 said:
Yo jasec did you see Muppets yet

Not yet, but I know why you're asking. ;)

There are screenshots on Tumblr. That's, uh, not what I was expecting, haha.

Even worse is that the bonus content in Survival Edition cannot be bought separately

Worse still is that the SE DLC was included in the GOTY sub to begin with. Squeenix gonna Squeenix .;)

Oh well, JaseC, think I'm gonna take the lady to see The Grand Budapest Hotel tomorrow.

A wise decision! Even ignoring Saoirse's small role, there's no denying the unique charm of Anderson's signature quirky style of filmmaking.

mrgone

Hey Chester is $1 at GMG right now. It's a capsule game, but it looks like the sale is a push to get Chester United through greenlight as buyers of this would/will get a Steam key for that. Looks pretty, delicious soundtrack, and some interesting sounding ideas.

Even worse is that the bonus content in Survival Edition cannot be bought separately

2P5Y.gif

Tizoc

What's the cheapest Rayman Legends has been so far? Wanna double dip and get it on my Lappy since my PS3 keeps glitching and deleting my save data =_=

Fantasmo

Thanks to whoever suggested Strider. Exactly what I was looking for.
I also got the TR DLC and Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes.

But I imagine I'll be playing Strider until I beat it. Really sharp looking and nice feel.
Thanks again!!!!

fantomena

Those threads are massive. Do they have some summary around?

Im gonna try

- Naughty Dog Richmond dude leaves ND
- Conspiracy theories about all the people leaving the different Sony studios
- Famousmortimer posts a comment about what's happening at Sony, he writes that the creative director dude av Evolution Studios (Driveclub) Col Rodgers got fired from EvoS because Driveclub have been delayed so many times and he did not do the job and deliver the game in time to Sony
- Col Rodgers publicly writes the truth, he was never fired, his son has Nephrotic Syndrome, life threatning, the travel between his familys home and Sony was to long, so he left Sony to take care of his son and family, he has a good time with Sony, no problem there
- This means that Famousmortimer lied about Col Rodgers, so Famousm get's a lifetime ban.
- Bullshit conspiracy theories about the PS4NoDRM campaign (the one Famousm made)

Fix if anything is wrong or something.

Tizoc

Thanks to whoever suggested Strider. Exactly what I was looking for.
I also got the TR DLC and Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes.

But I imagine I'll be playing Strider until I beat it. Really sharp looking and nice feel.
Thanks again!!!!

Are you playing on Normal or Hard? Normal is good difficulty but Hard is for those that want a good challenge.
I'll replay it again someday on Hard mysefl~

Knurek

Caveat emptor, Enslaved might be a fun game overall, but the PC port is all sorts of atrocious.

I am getting random 5-10 second freezes (with no rhyme and reason, sometime after a cutscene, sometime during actual game fights/jump sections), this seems to be a widespread bug and neither of the suggested fixes has helped me so far. The game also takes up to 3 minutes to start, maxing out my CPU. I believe the two are connected, maybe the game is coded to sporadically recalculate lightmaps/shaders/whatever?

This is especially weird given the outstanding port Ninja Theory did for DmC. Honestly, anyone had the same problem as me?

This is especially weird given the outstanding port Ninja Theory did for DmC. Honestly, anyone had the same problem as me?

DMC port ain't all that good either. I've had loads of problems with it, the most noticable one being that the audio gets choppy the longer I play. Often I've had to restart the game after or halfway through each level because it just gets too bad. It doesn't happen all the time, probably more like 60%, but it's annoying as hell. It also crashes and sometimes has frame rate issues, which frankly should not happen on my machine.

Sajjaja

Just bought Arkham Asylum and City, was thinking of getting Origins but i played it on Xbox 360 and it felt like a buggy mess.

The Steam reviews for Origins are so negative. Like the ratio is 30% positive and 70% negative or something. I doubt it's that bad. Wonder what's up.

Just bought Arkham Asylum and City, was thinking of getting Origins but i played it on Xbox 360 and it felt like a buggy mess.

I've heard it is. Devs also straight up said that they aren't fixing any of the bugs in favor of working on more DLC. They said that if they do decide to fix bugs, they'll only fix the ones that completely halt progress. Think about that for a minute. They just said that they might, might fix bugs that are literally gamebreaking, but they're not gonna do that right now cuz of dat DLC.

The Steam reviews for Origins are so negative. Like the ratio is 30% positive and 70% negative or something. I doubt it's that bad. Wonder what's up.

I think some of that is probably because of the statements devs made about the bugs.

Tellaerin

I've heard it is. Devs also straight up said that they aren't fixing any of the bugs in favor of working on more DLC. They said that if they do decide to fix bugs, they'll only fix the ones that completely halt progress. Think about that for a minute. They just said that they might, might fix bugs that are literally gamebreaking, but they're not gonna do that right now cuz of dat DLC.

"We know your car's running like crap right now, but try to look past that for a minute. Wouldn't you like to buy these upholstered bucket seats? No? How about this awesome cup holder?"

It's sad when things have come to this.

aku:jiki

I just really tried to give Alien Zombie Megadeath a chance but that game is impossible to like. Everything about it is just frustrating. Why does my guy move so slowly? Why do all the score pickups and powerups fade away so quickly? Why can't I shoot up or down? Why did I just wast an hour on this shit?

(Because it's by the same guys who made Mutant Storm Reloaded, aka the best dualstick shooter ever made, and I keep hoping that they strike gold twice but it never happens. Everything else they make is just awful!)

Ninja Theory didn't do the port of DmC, it was outsourced to QLOC, who have done previous Capcom PC ports like Super Street Fighter 4:AE and Street Fighter X Tekken.
They most recently have worked on RE4: Ultimate HD Edition, which is a fantastic port and easily the definitive version of RE4(Best graphics, PS2 extras, mouse control, Beautiful)

They most recently have worked on RE4: Ultimate HD Edition, which is a fantastic port and easily the definitive version of RE4(Best graphics, PS2 extras, mouse control, Beautiful)

While I have issues with their work on the DMC port I totally agree with you about RE4. Game still controls like complete and utter ass but it's supposed to. The only issue I have is the use of X and C for QTEs. Kinda inconvenient.

Miker

While I have issues with their work on the DMC port I totally agree with you about RE4. Game still controls like complete and utter ass but it's supposed to. The only issue I have is the use of X and C for QTEs. Kinda inconvenient.

RE4 just got a beta patch that lets you rebind the X+C QTE via .ini. At first I thought the port was great, but honestly it has a lot of small problems that have added up for me, e.g. poor positional audio, 30 fps rifle reload animations, apparently inaccurate gamma/color settings, questionable HD textures, and some other stuff. I'd still say it's tied with the Wii version played in Dolphin as the definitive version.

RE4 just got a beta patch that lets you rebind the X+C QTE via .ini. At first I thought the port was great, but honestly it has a lot of small problems that have added up for me, e.g. poor positional audio, 30 fps rifle reload animations, apparently inaccurate gamma/color settings, questionable HD textures, and some other stuff. I'd still say it's tied with the Wii version played in Dolphin as the definitive version.

I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!!! That rifle animation has been bugging me for a while. There was also 1 cutscene that they forgot to scale up and another one where they forgot the audio.

Still, the rest of the port was pretty good, I can forgive the few issues. The X C rebinding option is nice to hear though.

Anteater

I'm liking it so far, maybe I'm not a big fan of the previous games but if I'm to nitpick all I've noticed that's worse are the maps that might look a bit too similar to city and that there are some visual glitches here and there, the game feels pretty cool and there are some minor changes and improvements here and there.

Boss fights so far aren't very cool but neither are the ones in previous games.

I also kind of like the story so far.

Miker

I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!!! That rifle animation has been bugging me for a while. There was also 1 cutscene that they forgot to scale up and another one where they forgot the audio.

Still, the rest of the port was pretty good, I can forgive the few issues. The X C rebinding option is nice to hear though.

Haha yeah, it's pretty blatant when ONLY LEON slows down to 30 fps just to reload. And apparently they don't have the animation files for it or something, so it won't be fixed either :(

I'd still say it's a solid port, and I think the $20 price isn't bad. Maybe a tad bit steep in the face of the millions of other ports of RE4, but I paid $16 for a pre-order and it felt like a great value.

Haha yeah, it's pretty blatant when ONLY LEON slows down to 30 fps just to reload. And apparently they don't have the animation files for it or something, so it won't be fixed either :(

I'd still say it's a solid port, and I think the $20 price isn't bad. Maybe a tad bit steep in the face of the millions of other ports of RE4, but I paid $16 for a pre-order and it felt like a great value.

Yeah, I pre-ordered it too and I feel like I got my money's worth. The port's not perfect, but it's not exactly bad, controls are tight and for the most part it looks quite nice.

JaseC

I feel sorry for you Aussies. It seems like you're never are allowed to have any fun.

It's okay, I can still browse Tumblr and stumble upon images of a ballet-clad Saoirse Ronan standing in-between two jack hammer-wielding muppets.

Hey, you still have Kylie Minogue, right? >.>

She probably defected to the US like all the other famous Aussies. :p

Aren't you aussies too busy fighting in bars to watch music videos?

You're thinking of the Irish. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom