• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what was this visit for Shackles? or can you not say?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you saw the Source 2 team?

No but I saw the "Left 4 Dead team" which were too numerous to just be folks working on L4D2.

so what was this visit for Shackles? or can you not say?

Someone from Valve (who was a huge fan and user of Enhanced Steam) contacted me about getting a job there.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out at this time, but when I told him I was going to be in the Seattle area this weekend I was invited to tour the facility and talk about Enhanced Steam.

The_Monk

Morning my good GAFfers, been a bit away lately so I'll just say that I'm crossing my fingers for you Shackles. :)

Aside of that, I tried Super Sanctum TD and I'm really liking it. Need more time to play that and Typing of the Dead too. Oh and I need to finish Dust too and Alpha Protocol and... Ugh. I need more time (and coffee).

I miss you all, only had a little bit of time to check GAF yesterday and it broke my heart to see that Thread where the Drive Club director felt the need to speak up about his decisions and about his son. So sad. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No but I saw the "Left 4 Dead team" which were too numerous to just be folks working on L4D2.

Someone from Valve (who was a huge fan and user of Enhanced Steam) contacted me about getting a job there.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out at this time, but when I told him I was going to be in the Seattle area this weekend I was invited to tour the facility and talk about Enhanced Steam.

damn :(

Rhaknar

I miss you all, only had a little bit of time to check GAF yesterday and it broke my heart to see that Thread where the Drive Club director felt the need to speak up about his decisions and about his son. So sad. :(

wait what?

edit: goddamn it double post, I meant to edit the previous. im sorry

Garcia

Don't you worry man! You're getting close, one step at a time. Just keep up the amazing job and things will fall down in place eventually.

Tomodachi

Just finished Burial at Sea Ep2, also 100% the game. Took it's time. Good to ge almost 40 GB of free space now.
Can't bring myself to delete the game, it's been there since I bought Infinite. I don't know, I might replay it again (and Burial just after that) in the near future. Sigh, I'll miss it.

Fantasmo

Man. I want to play or buy something (cheap) but I'm not sure what. I beat the Batman trilogy. Is Lego Batman 2 any good if you despise collectathons?
I beat FF7 years and years ago. I liked it a lot but I hate grinding/collectathons now.

I want something fun but I'm not sure what.

Some of my recent faves are:
Batman
DmC
Metal Gear Rising
Castlevania LoS 1
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Limbo

I have a few games just sitting in my library..

Bioshock 2 & Infinite, Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC, but no desire to play them though

Does anyone wanna run through Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with me?
Or maybe Lost Planet 2 or Dead Rising 2?

Anteater

Man. I want to play or buy something (cheap) but I'm not sure what. I beat the Batman trilogy. Is Lego Batman 2 any good if you despise collectathons?
I beat FF7 years and years ago. I liked it a lot but I hate grinding/collectathons now.

Batman
DmC
Metal Gear Rising
Castlevania LoS 1
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Limbo

Have you tried sleeping dogs? Might like it since you seem to like beat'em'up, it's a pretty simple and easy brawler with a mix of gta4 but it's kind of relaxing and fun if you like the setting.

Fantasmo

Have you tried sleeping dogs? Might like it since you seem to like beat'em'up, it's a pretty simple and easy brawler with a mix of gta4 but it's kind of relaxing and fun if you like the setting.

Amazing game but I beat the main story. How are Nightmare in North Point and the Bruce Lee DLC? Worth reinstalling for?

hohoXD123

bNHlHgp.jpg

Goat Simulator dev. Lol.

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Yet Another Zombie Defense -- MB-B501DD9151F40EFA - Taken by BernardoOne

Batman
DmC
Metal Gear Rising
Castlevania LoS 1
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Limbo

Bioshock 2 & Infinite, Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC, but no desire to play them though

Give Strider a shot if you own that, graphically it reminds me a lot of Bionic Commando Rearmed(I believe Double Helix says that BC:R was a big inspiration to them in how to recreate an old title for a modern audience)

Considering all those recent games you like are games I really liked as well, why not try out Dust: An Elysian Tail? The art style can turn some people off, but the gameplay is very fun and definitely worth a check.

Fantasmo

Give Strider a shot if you own that, graphically it reminds me a lot of Bionic Commando Rearmed(I believe Double Helix says that BC:R was a big inspiration to them in how to recreate an old title for a modern audience)

Considering all those recent games you like are games I really liked as well, why not try out Dust: An Elysian Tail? The art style can turn some people off, but the gameplay is very fun and definitely worth a check.

Strider is #1 on my wish list. I'm hesitating because it seems short for a $15 title that I know will have a sale to $10 in the next few months. I'll check out Dust in a moment.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Don't you worry man! You're getting close, one step at a time. Just keep up the amazing job and things will fall down in place eventually.

Thanks! One thing they told me is that things at Valve are changing all the time. So I'll keep doing what I do and I think everything will work out fine in the end.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bridge Project -- MB-B88D283DC87A24C2 - Taken by spindoctor. 13 entrants total.
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-F150BA2F61014955 - Taken by Aitor. 10 entrants total.

t1396115944z1.png
Good luck!

oipic

Odds and ends - have fun

I will! A very belated thanks, crazyrabbits. I've been been without internet for several hours, so this was a very pleasant surprise - thank you very much. :)

It was pretty cool getting the "inside" private tour. Last time I was there it was a lot of "you can't take pictures of anything" and "we can't go in THERE because people are working". This time it was "You can take pictures of whatever you'd like" (even though I didn't) and "Hey, let me show you the DOTA2 team - let's walk through their space while they're working and say hi."

Seeing the size of the various "teams" actually explained a lot about how things really happen there.

Thanks for the insight, jshack. I was madly F5-ing the thread while awaiting your posts while you were (in rather surreal fashion) at Valve HQ (!), and I'm so very glad to hear that the visit was an insightful and positive one. I sense that only good things could come from this, so fingers crossed for you as always.

Morning my good GAFfers, been a bit away lately so I'll just say that I'm crossing my fingers for you Shackles. :)

Yes, as always, what our dear resident Monk said so well earlier. :)

Fuck real life, went and played bb with a friend after some NBA2K13 rounds and fractured my leg

Never again

Damn. :(

I know there are no good fractures, but how badly hurt are you, 3cho? Hope you're doing alright, mate.

Just goes to show, bad things happen when we're away from the relative safety of our PCs!

Echoplx

Damn. :(

I know there are no good fractures, but how badly hurt are you, 3cho? Hope you're doing alright, mate.

Just goes to show, bad things happen when we're away from the relative safety of our PCs!

I just got back from hospital so I'm still under the effects of the painkillers, it's not too bad.

The fracture goes right across my tibia bone just under the knee, there was no displacement so everything is still where it's meant to be. With any luck it will heal naturally with a brace but I might need surgery depending on how the scans next week go.

On the plus side I found out hospital food is amazing! Might have to go there more often :p

Does L4D2 even receive any significant and frequent updates?

Thanks for the insight, jshack. I was madly F5-ing the thread while awaiting your posts while you were (in rather surreal fashion) at Valve HQ (!), and I'm so very glad to hear that the visit was an insightful and positive one. I sense that only good things could come from this, so fingers crossed for you as always.

Haha, same. I didn't go to sleep until jshack posted.

I liken it to a sort of hub with information about so many different things - new games, deals, bundles, or just general game discussion. It's a one-stop posting experience. :)

You are implying that there are other threads on GAF, but I only know of other Steam threads.

oipic

I just got back from hospital so I'm still under the effects of the painkillers, it's not too bad.

The fracture goes right across my tibia bone just under the knee, there was no displacement so everything is still where it's meant to be. With any luck it will heal naturally with a brace but I might need surgery depending on how the scans next week go.

Gee, it's pretty unusual to suffer a fracture that high in the leg, isn't it? Pretty bloody unlucky, that, I reckon. I see much gaming in your near future while you take it easy and recuperate (silver lining and all that).

On the plus side I found out hospital food is amazing! Might have to go there more often :p

I hear you - I had a 4-5 week hospital stay awhile back after my appendix exploded, and as much as I largely didn't feel like eating for much of that time, I genuinely enjoyed hospital food. It cops a bum rap, I think - or maybe it's very hospital-specific, and we're just the lucky ones.

JustinBB7

Does L4D2 even receive any significant and frequent updates?

Nope, only some small fixes and community maps and stuff. I have no idea why I still have to have a beta game in my library, the game is dead dev wise.. and with all the hints to 3.. seriously.. remove it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom