• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I got hired by Valve, I would still want to post here. One of the important reasons I feel that Enhanced Steam is as popular as it is because it's iterated on based on everyone's feedback. Customer feedback is a really important piece that I (personally) feel the people in charge of Steam are kind of missing out on.

If I weren't allowed to post on GAF, I would seriously question why that was. Sure there is some general silliness that goes on here sometimes, but you guys are a great bunch and have been a tremendous help in implementing new features into Enhanced Steam.

I don't think they wouldn't allow you to post here, unless you started leaking stuff. Which of course you wouldn't do.

1.jpg

They're like motion activated anal sphincters that open up to allow the passage of random foreign objects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYot_50vVig&feature=youtu.be&t=3m16s

... nice..!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't say I'm shocked:

Ubisoft Support said:
We apologize for the inconvenience that was created to you.

The issue is that we do not have any steam code for the game you requesting.

<snip>

Before closing the ticket myself I recommended considering expanding the Steam key partnership with Amazon to include the Settlers 7 games, but I'm not expecting anything to change.

Anteater

batman arkham origins looks pretty good, the game's dx11 performance seems better than arkham city, have to put physx on normal tho. Here's Batman beating up nicolas cage:

The game seems really focused on outdoors so far and I couldn't help but sidetrack and doing the enigma stuff, I think I'm going to stop doing those as I always get burn out, will just ignore them and continue on with the story stuff.

And batman is pretty badass in this game

I started playing Broken Sword shadow of the templars.

No wonder the game is highly regarded, it's a very nice graphic adventure, puzzles are logical and story is interesting enough.

Playing it made me remember why I used to love graphic adventures.

Batman AA
ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-792F357495BF5174 - Taken by _hekk05

Knurek

I started playing Broken Sword shadow of the templars.
No wonder the game is highly regarded, it's a very nice graphic adventure, puzzles are logical and story is interesting enough.
Playing it made me remember why I used to love graphic adventures.

And if you're playing the Director's Cut, the dead end in the hotel and goat puzzle in Ireland has been significantly defanged.

Ruruja

And if you're playing the Director's Cut, the dead end in the hotel and goat puzzle in Ireland has been significantly defanged.

Those are what made the game so special though. If you didn't get stuck at the goat in Ireland, you were doing it wrong.

So SteamGAF, I'm back. Did I miss anything in the last week? Tried to keep up with the news, but it's not easy when you're constantly working or sightseeing. :lol

Saw they're releasing GOAT simulator, too bad it's €10. I'd buy it for a fiver.

Tizoc

So SteamGAF, I'm back. Did I miss anything in the last week? Tried to keep up with the news, but it's not easy when you're constantly working or sightseeing. :lol

Saw they're releasing GOAT simulator, too bad it's €10. I'd buy it for a fiver.

GMG might have it available for purchase.
...and come on man 10 is the perfect price for the G( game )OAT!

Damn, I'm sooooo tempted to buy Arkham Origins and its Season Pass, but I've only paid 10€ once for a PC game
Mass Effect 3, yeah, sue me
and it just feels way too expensive...

I need my Batman fix :(

Parsnip

Huh. Seems like LoSMoFHD doesn't properly support 16:9. All those resolutions have black bars on the sides. I guess it's probably 5:3/15:9 since that's what 3DS is, and they didn't put any significant time on the port.

Oh well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Huh. Seems like LoSMoFHD doesn't properly support 16:9. All those resolutions have black bars on the sides. I guess it's probably 5:3/15:9 since that's what 3DS is, and they didn't put any significant time on the port.

Oh well.
Yeah my friend and I noticed that too. I guess I can understand with sidescrollers being designed around how much horizontal visual info you have, but I doubt expanding it would have broken anything.

Copons

Valve is a wonderful place. Unfortunately I don't have a job there yet, but it seems a lot more obtainable now.

WOLOLOLO

Catching up the thread and reading your adventures in Valve world actually made my morning!
I'm so so so so so happy for you and for the feedbacks you got from Valve employees using ES!

You man rulez so much and I can't believe there are a couple of strings translated by me in a software used by Valve employees! :)

Also, you other Italian translator: RELAX for fuck sake, I can't keep up with you! :'(

Leg-End

Well Neo Scavenger is pretty excellent, I've only played a couple hours admittedly but I went from having no idea and lasting less than a day to nearly making it a week in no time at all.

Great little game to dip in and out of.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-FE7742FC4CA3F1AA - Taken by Ruruja. 22 entrants total.

t1396106178z1.png

Tomodachi

Was Burial at Sea EP 2 any good? Haven't read anything about it yet.

Finished it last night. I can see this having a very divisive ending (it is already on the spoiler thread), I personally loved it. Probably helps if you actually focus a little and try and get what's going on instead of dropping the ball and call it nonsensical.
Amazing story and great tribute to the series. The twists on the gameplay are welcome changes as well.

Slyjss

I can confirm that the opening is incredible.

If you think that's incredible, just wait for the ending. Even without the "Mind = Blown" moments, and there are a lot of those, the stealth mechanics are really fun. It's the kind of game where you try to play without killing or being spotted by anyone as a personal challenge, rather than because the game forces you to. Much, much better than Episode 1, that's for sure. And twice as long at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bridge It Plus -- MB-F348A6009F5AF0ED - Taken by nature boy. 5 entrants total.
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 -- MB-7CB2D97B8F1602C9 - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.

t1396099068z1.png

Is anyone else having Steam crash constantly? I'm on the beta update channel and I swear it's been going down every time I re-start it for the past few days.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
How indicative of actual gameplay performance is the Batman Origins benchmark? With everything set to max except Phys-X at medium I got an average of 82fps but with it set to max it dropped to 50. I'm hoping that during gameplay it's be a solid 60 but if not I can revert back to medium phys-x.

Anteater

How indicative of actual gameplay performance is the Batman Origins benchmark? With everything set to max except Phys-X at medium I got an average of 82fps but with it set to max it dropped to 50. I'm hoping that during gameplay it's be a solid 60 but if not I can revert back to medium phys-x.

Gameplay is actually more graphic intensive I think, my benchmark was stable 60fps while in game I get some drops when there were smoke effects, so I had to turn physx to med but it still dropped to 50fps in this one room.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So has anyone who got Gun Metal from the Groupees bundle figured out how to get the right stick to function at all in the game? Using keyboard and mouse, the controls are fine, though not particularly optimal. However using a 360 controller, the right stick refuses to work and there's no option to enable it. It's really disappointing. =/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WOLOLOLO

Catching up the thread and reading your adventures in Valve world actually made my morning!
I'm so so so so so happy for you and for the feedbacks you got from Valve employees using ES!

You man rulez so much and I can't believe there are a couple of strings translated by me in a software used by Valve employees! :)

Also, you other Italian translator: RELAX for fuck sake, I can't keep up with you! :'(

It was pretty cool getting the "inside" private tour. Last time I was there it was a lot of "you can't take pictures of anything" and "we can't go in THERE because people are working". This time it was "You can take pictures of whatever you'd like" (even though I didn't) and "Hey, let me show you the DOTA2 team - let's walk through their space while they're working and say hi."

Seeing the size of the various "teams" actually explained a lot about how things really happen there.

It was pretty cool getting the "inside" private tour. Last time I was there it was a lot of "you can't take pictures of anything" and "we can't go in THERE because people are working". This time it was "You can take pictures of whatever you'd like" (even though I didn't) and "Hey, let me show you the DOTA2 team - let's walk through their space while they're working and say hi."

Seeing the size of the various "teams" actually explained a lot about how things really happen there.

Did you saw the Source 2 team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom