• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugatu

Anyone know if The Bureau is worth $7.50?

I was interested in it before it came out but when it did all I heard were stories about how it's awful.

Ittle Dew is my twentieth Steam game at 100% achievements.

CcyBiIV.png

The speed run on this was a massive headache, I mapped a path out all nice and neat but you have little control over the boss behaviors and they really screw things up.

Next up to 100%:

Oniken? (one left)
Powerpuff Girls? (two left)
DuckTales (four left)

Or I can try to tackle my of my really low percent games:

Anodyne? (17%)
Dungeon Defenders (6%, do I really want this tho?)
Hard Reset (9%)
Left 4 Dead 2 (9%, wish I could bring over my 360 cheeves)
Orcs Must Die (29%)
Psychonauts (14%, my wife is yelling at me to do this one)
Revenge of the Titans (26%)
Trine (19%)

here's a question. I already have tomb raider.

if I buy the tomb raider game of the year edition....would I be able to keep all the DLC but gift the actual game since I already have the actual game?

<edit> nvm, they have just the dlc for purchase as a bundle available.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Hey now, don't yell at me or I may be tempted to throw a phone at you.
(Yes, I know that Crowe is from NZ, but "close enough" and all that. ;))

I though it was the same island
______________:p________________

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
here's a question. I already have tomb raider.

if I buy the tomb raider game of the year edition....would I be able to keep all the DLC but gift the actual game since I already have the actual game?

<edit> nvm, they have just the dlc for purchase as a bundle available.

To answer anyway, in rare cases you may receive a giftable copy of the game in question but generally speaking you just get a warning that you won't receive extra copies of any content within the sub that you already own.

CcyBiIV.png

The speed run on this was a massive headache, I mapped a path out all nice and neat but you have little control over the boss behaviors and they really screw things up.

Next up to 100%:

Oniken? (one left)
DuckTales (four left)

Anodyne? (17%)
Hard Reset (9%)
Orcs Must Die (29%)
Trine (19%)

Of those, I think Revenge of the Titans would be the easiest to increase. The game gets tedious after long sessions though. I quit at 3 hours with 48%

maty

CcyBiIV.png

Next up to 100%:

Oniken? (one left)
DuckTales (four left)

Anodyne? (17%)
Hard Reset (9%)
Orcs Must Die (29%)
Trine (19%)

Grats, Ittle dew is great little game.

I would listen to your wife and finish Psychonauts besides it's not very long to 100%.

Anodyne is another option, I did everything but the speedrun which will probably be a pain in the ass.

And if you want to get some achievements in L4D2, let me know I'd be glad to help and raise my % as well. I need to find my mic though xD

Thorgal

Just continued my play through of Shadow warrior And SWEET MERCIFUL LO WANG is the Sword the Best Melee weapon in a game ever !

Nothing is quite as satisfying as to run through 10 + enemies slicing and dicing and then turning around to see the utter carnage you left behind . then dropping a few Nukes to kill off the survivors .

Flying Wild Hog . i tip my hat off to you guys !

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's one of the only threads I even consider posting in anymore.

I lurk omnisciently but at this point I think my actual post history in recent months is 75% Steam thread, 15% Saoirse appreciation thread and 10% other.

Edit: Though I should note that my lack of heavy participation elsewhere is simply because I post a lot in here.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Listen to your wife, she sounds pretty smart.
I should replay and hunt achievements in Psychonauts as well. Someday.

"You shall engage the enemy in his own mentality. You shall chase his dreams, you shall fight his demons and you shall live his nightmares! For those of you who fight well, you will find yourselves on the path to becoming international secret agents. In other words: Psychonauts!!!
The rest of you... will die!"

Oh man, I love that game. So much. And that atmosphere, yum.

Tellaerin

Just continued my play through of Shadow warrior And SWEET MERCIFUL LO WANG is the Sword the Best Melee weapon in a game ever !

Nothing is quite as satisfying as to run through 10 + enemies slicing and dicing and then turning around to see the utter carnage you left behind . then dropping a few Nukes to kill off the survivors .

Flying Wild Hog . i tip my hat off to you guys !

*brofist*

Shadow Warrior was my pick for SteamGAF GOTY 2013. There's a reason for that. : )

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

CcyBiIV.png

Next up to 100%:

Oniken? (one left)
DuckTales (four left)

Anodyne? (17%)
Hard Reset (9%)
Orcs Must Die (29%)
Trine (19%)
Congrats man, I planned to complete Ittle Dew but that 15 minute achievement sounded troublesome and after trying one time I decided to leave 100% for a possible future. Fun game though, enjoyed my time with it.

I vote for Psychonauts next too, delightful game. Dat collectathon. There are a few missable achievements though, so make sure to keep those in mind.

Caveat emptor, Enslaved might be a fun game overall, but the PC port is all sorts of atrocious.

This is especially weird given the outstanding port Ninja Theory did for DmC. Honestly, anyone had the same problem as me?

I don't get the "pause" bugs in Enslaved, but whatever lighting/shader they use leads to horrific banded circular shading on the characters that is *extremely* annoying in cutscenes. It reminds me of those EGA images on title screens and whatnot, that sort of "well, we've only got 16 colors to work with here" sort of thing.

And yeah, DmC runs *perfectly* for me, go figure.

Tizoc

Aw yess Path of Exile and Awesomenauts Playfire rewards! I haven't played those yet but have them installed.
It may not be a lot of cash but every little bit helps hehe.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, me too. I don't post much but when I do I usually do it here. I browse the rest of GAF to check for news, but as of late most the other threads give me headaches.

I was all excited for the start of a new generation because I love all the stupidity that comes with a new cycle of CONSOLE WARZZZ! but now that it's here everything is so tiresome. Guess I'm just too old for that shit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just bought Arkham Asylum and City, was thinking of getting Origins but i played it on Xbox 360 and it felt like a buggy mess.

Not to come off like total shill or anything, but all of the major issues that the game had on release were patched and I just replayed it this week and it confirmed that.

Also, bitches hate anything that isn't Rocksteady.

Fantasmo

Are you playing on Normal or Hard? normal is good difficulty but Hard is for those that want a good challenge.
I'll replay it again someday on Hard mysefl~
I rarely play things on hard because I find most games are not balanced for it I imagine Strider is but I don't see myself doing that I don't want any show stoppers

Does anyone know if the stuff that is included with the Survival Edition of Tomb Raider is included in the Game of the Year version?

Edit: found an answer on the Steam forums.

Momentary

Banned
SF AE port was atrocious, they almost fixed it in a year or so. I wouldn't entrust minesweeper to these guys.

QLOC are one of the best in this business. I don't know what screwed up version of SSFIVAE you were playing, but my version was smooth as butter.

They've been praised time and time again here. You must have been playing the game on a damn toaster.

There are companies that warrant great discontent from people, but QLOC is definitely not one of them. They are the cream of the crop.

Fantasmo

Not to come off like total shill or anything, but all of the major issues that the game had on release were patched and I just replayed it this week and it confirmed that.

Also, bitches hate anything that isn't Rocksteady.
it's an amazing game and I encourage anyone to get it because it's so good. but there are still a lot of bugs and when I went to try new game plus I just crash to desktop and I have to mess with video settings in order to get it to work. when it works the game is great and I would put it on par with City. okay maybe not that good but pretty good anyway. The story isn't all over the place like City and the Detective portions are neat (probably not fun for a second playthrough but whatever, still really neat)

It's one of the only threads I even consider posting in anymore.
This thread is really chill, it's one of the main reasons why I signed up for NeoGaf in the first place, seeing a bunch of people just discuss games on Steam and acting really nice to each other was awesome.

This thread is great, and everyone I've met so far has been really nice.
I've also learned a lot about how steam works now thanks to this thread, as well as best places to buy games(I only learned about Nuuveem from this thread)

Aw yess Path of Exile and Awesomenauts Playfire rewards! I haven't played those yet but have them installed.
It may not be a lot of cash but every little bit helps hehe.

For the play for the first time, do they mean literally the first time ever, or first time while Playfire tracks it?

I'd hate for my 700 hours in Dota 2 to cheat me out of 10 cents.

Kaleinc

Banned
QLOC are one of the best in this business. I don't know what screwed up version of SSFIVAE you were playing, but my version was smooth as butter.

They've been praised time and time again here. You must have been playing the game on a damn toaster.

There are companies that warrant great discontent from people, but QLOC is definitely not one of them. They are the cream of the crop.
- Missing lighting effects
- Dropped resolutions, effed up non 16:9 resolutions
- Random lags
- This and a ton more I don't remember.
Perfect port indeed.

Effect

So glad I held off on buying Tomb Raider last night and instead got Sleeping Dogs. Got Sleeping Dogs for $4.99. Didn't bother with the other versions as I didn't want the DLC for the game unbalancing things since none of it can be turned off. Might pick up the story dlc if it's still on sale tonight or over the next few days. I want to actually progress in the game not have a ton of things unlocked. Tomb Raider was $11.99 for just the base version. Dropped to $4.99 today out nowhere. Decided to finally pick that up as well but the GOTY which was $7.49.

Been meaning to get these games for the longest time. Better late then never.

Tizoc

For the play for the first time, do they mean literally the first time ever, or first time while Playfire tracks it?

I'd hate for my 700 hours in Dota 2 to cheat me out of 10 cents.

I'm afraid its the former. If you have 0 play time in a game, you get the cash reward. If you've already played it before even for 1-2 minutes, you wouldn't get the reward.

Of those, I think Revenge of the Titans would be the easiest to increase. The game gets tedious after long sessions though. I quit at 3 hours with 48%
Yeah, I like the game, but I just haven't set time aside for it.

It reminds me of Red Alert in a strange way.

And if you want to get some achievements in L4D2, let me know I'd be glad to help and raise my % as well. I need to find my mic though xD
That would be nice, I love L4D but I am quite frankly terrible at it.

Congrats man, I planned to complete Ittle Dew but that 15 minute achievement sounded troublesome and after trying one time I decided to leave 100% for a possible future. Fun game though, enjoyed my time with it.
I drew up my path on paper, haha, and the solutions to the couple of harder "shortcut" puzzles needed for quick reference.

Since the run is short, it's not horrible to retry it a few times, but it is very frustrating when you lose so much time from bosses that you really have not much control over (although I may be overstating that a bit, and maybe just the final guy).

And to all the Pysconauts replies, I think I'll put that on the list to tackle after Half Minute Hero II so I can give it proper time.

How does steam cloud work? I have a whole bunch of games on my desktop that are saved to my cloud but my Surface Pro 2 doesn't seem to be pulling any of them :/

Firebrand

Steam really needs a way to disable DLC. Installed Bioshock via Steam sharing and it seems there's some cheat automatically enabled through the Season Pass, upgrading my guns automatically.

How does steam cloud work? I have a whole bunch of games on my desktop that are saved to my cloud but my Surface Pro 2 doesn't seem to be pulling any of them :/
It should prompt you if the files on cloud are different than local, although I haven't had to make use of it extensively.

Vibranium

Banned
Listen to your wife, she sounds pretty smart.
I should replay and hunt achievements in Psychonauts as well. Someday.

"You shall engage the enemy in his own mentality. You shall chase his dreams, you shall fight his demons and you shall live his nightmares! For those of you who fight well, you will find yourselves on the path to becoming international secret agents. In other words: Psychonauts!!!
The rest of you... will die!"

Oh man, I love that game. So much. And that atmosphere, yum.

Me too, me too. After Broken Age is finished Tim needs to start aggressively pursuing funding for Psychonauts 2, we've waited long enough. Costume Quest 2 (Can't wait!) is happening, so Raz and friends must return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom