• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Played Just Cause 2 for about an hour, and I can definitely see why people love this series. Using the grappling hook to carjack people and for stunts is very satisfying.

My favorite past time: Jack a big truck, crash the gates at a base, blow everything up, jack the helicopter responding to the chaos, fly to nearby airbase, crash the chopper, steal a jet, and bullseye silos and other large ground targets with near immunity.

_hekk05

Banned
My favorite past time: Jack a big truck, crash the gates at a base, blow everything up, jack the helicopter responding to the chaos, fly to nearby airbase, crash the chopper, steal a jet, and bullseye silos and other large ground targets with near immunity.

Its even better once you download unbreakable tether mod and multiple tethers mod.

Tether airplanes that are taking off to light poles. Watch them orbit for hours on end!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GamersGate's Daily is still Blood Dragon. It was supposed to change more than 48 hours ago now.

How bad are the bugs in Arkham Origins? Is it really a bug-riddled mess, much worse than your average AAA game?

How would it compare vs. say, Assassin's Creed III (I heard that was the buggiest)? Cos I have that and (fingers crossed) haven't had any issues...

How bad are the bugs in Arkham Origins? Is it really a bug-riddled mess, much worse than your average AAA game?

How would it compare vs. say, Assassin's Creed III (I heard that was the buggiest)? Cos I have that and (fingers crossed) haven't had any issues...

I am comparing the 360 versions here, but Origins was nowhere near as buggy as ACIII for me.

Panzon

I haven't finished building my PC yet but I just bought 7 games from this weekend's deals. Am I crazy or amidoingitrite?

I found it pretty buggy. Commonly fell thru the ground into the void. There was a radio tower (mini puzzle, unlocks cool stuff, gated by progression metroid style) that was unattainable if it glitched out on you. To unlock it youtube helped, by showing another way to glitch out the game, so the physics system goes haywire and launches you a hundred meters in the air, which allows you to bypass the glitched section. I believe they patched that tho.

And sometimes bats would get stuck climbing down from one platform to another one a few inches below or above it, and get stuck. Only happened with shallow climbs though.

It runs decently, about as same as arkham city, although the city itself is now about 50% larger, so there is that.

But the falling through floor was very common, once every 5th or 6th lime loading up the game for me for me. Thats all I can remember for now, might have been more.

Thanks to Playfire Rewards I finally played Garry's Mod... And man, Elevator: Source is the GOAT. Half the fun is watching randoms leave because they don't understand what's going on :lol.

I haven't finished building my PC yet but I just bought 7 games from this weekend's deals. Am I crazy or amidoingitrite?

Son, you're making SteamGAF proud.

Approval-thumbs-up-GIF-36.gif

Sorry if it's been posted before, but Amazon has the Sons Of Abraham DLC for Crusader Kings 2 for 4.99 USD (Half price). It was not discounted in the steam midweek madness.

sheaaaa

Started it myself yesterday, and haven't encountered a serious bug yet. Only thing was a dude getting stuck behind a locked door and me having to beat him up through it. About 7 hours in.

Panzon

You're doing it right, I bought a few games here and there before building my pc too
Son, you're making SteamGAF proud.]
Feels good guys. Im kinda scared of scared of the amount of impulse buys I'm gonna be making though haha
You are totally doing it right, some deals are too good to pass it up. But remember this:
Definitely too good and not having to pay more than $10 is why I came to PC in the first place. You know you're winning when 7 good/great games amount to less than $45

nicjac

Just finished my legacy + in Rogue Legacy. This game is so great, I absolutely adore it. Tempted to just keep going until I max out everything!

Tizoc

Feels good guys. Im kinda scared of scared of the amount of impulse buys I'm gonna be making though haha

Definitely too good and not having to pay more than $10 is why I came to PC in the first place. You know you're winning when 7 good/great games amount to less than $45

This is just the begining young padawan.
Why I've spent near 2 years til I've gotten 400+ Steam games~

Bluth54

I only came across the radio tower glitch when I played, which has already been patched.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I actually have no idea what's the source of that picture, I just see it get posted around frequently.
:(
That's depressing.

And the 20$ from 1990 is now between the 5-10$ range.
Oddworld's (and Dark Souls) an exception for the rule. :p

:(
That's depressing.

And the 20$ from 1990 is now between the 5-10$ range.
Oddworld's (and Dark Souls) an exception for the rule. :p

Yeah if it's a game I really want then full price is okay for example I paid $45 for The Witcher 2. But if I have to think twice about getting something then it's the $5-15 range.

I've wasted so much money on games like Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider, Dragon Commander which I paid around $30 a piece for through keys/regional pricing thinking I got a deal but I never really played them.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes, but the Arsenal DLC isn't on Steam so you'd be paying more no reason (judging from a quick look at Amazon UK).

Thanks, I was wondering if the key activated anything different. I'm currently searching for some sealed copies of 2009/2010/2011 :)

Jawmuncher

I'm playing through Magical Diary right now. It's so corny I love it. If you played LLTQ you'll probably like this as well. Since a good chunk of the game is deciding on what classes to go to for certain spells for when the exams come up. Which can be completed in different ways.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Between Ravens Cry and their new Survival-Horror IP I think TW2 will be the last installment in the TW series from Reality Pump for awhile, so enjoy TW2.

Finished with nearly 40 hours on the clock :) Loved it overall, bit of a rocky start but it just got better and better. Well done Reality Pump, you've certainly made a fan out of me. I'm also very impressed with how few bugs I found whilst playing. There were a couple but it's only eurojank in terms of budget rather than actually being bug ridden. The team's obviously ambitious because the last two chapters seemed cut down a bit but still great game overall.

Now onto the Pirates.... expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom