• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-601678954C4F5E91 - Taken by Ionic. 34 entrants total.

t1396165941z1.png
Good luck!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just brought Sleeping Dogs from Amazon but the code has already been used..god dammit.

Time to see if their support is worth a damn.

Just push for a full refund or a new code. Try to stay polite as possible throughout the whole conversation. It worked for me once before, though under different circumstances.

Just beat Mirror of Fate HD.
While it wasn't the best metroidvania ever made, it was a solid experience. I'm impressed that this was a 3DS game at some point (I expect the same impression when I finally play RE:R). I'd recommend it, especially for the out of pocket cost of $5 I paid... even the $10-$15 range, it's a solid buy.

Even with the occaisonal slowdown I saw, it was a much much better experience than Strider.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
After a couple hours of digging I found my old FFVIII PC save, booted the game and got a bunch of achievements. Neat.
It's a bit bugged though, as some didn't unlock like "Card player", "First Salary" and "Ragnarok". Worst offender is "Obel Lake Secret" :(

I cry a little when I see Tomb Raider GOTY and Sleeping Dogs DLC collection in my activity feed.
I'm hoping the tears for the first are because it's shit, and for the second because they should've had it long ago.

Nabs

After a couple hours of digging I found my old FFVIII PC save, booted the game and got a bunch of achievements. Neat.
It's a bit bugged though, as some didn't unlock like "Card player", "First Salary" and "Ragnarok". Worst offender is "Obel Lake Secret" :(

I'm hoping the tears for the first are because it's shit, and for the second because they should've had it long ago.

The tears are because they both wastes of money and filled with cheats. They are both really good games, they just have lots of shitty DLC packs.

MUnited83

For you.
The tears are because they both wastes of money and filled with cheats.
Not true. There are a couple of cheats on Sleeping Dogs, sure, but most of the dlcs are not "waste of money". Unless you only want new story mission, which in that case then it would be true.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Man Of Steel for iOS is enjoyable as well.
For standard side scrolling beat-em-up, competent at least, Death And Return of Superman game on Mega Drive was fun.

Licensing issues prevent both from being on Steam though. Likewise Spider-Man is such a mess for all games made before 2000, and any non-movie based Spider-Man title is thrown into the warehouse, never to be seen again under currently structuring with Marvel Entertainment/Disney.

fernandes

The tears are because they both wastes of money and filled with cheats. They are both really good games, they just have lots of shitty DLC packs.

Square Enix is one of the worst when it comes to useless DLCs. Hitman Absolution is another example.

Nabs

Not true. There are a couple of cheats on Sleeping Dogs, sure, but most of the dlcs are not "waste of money". Unless you only want new story mission, which in that case then it would be true.

You can decide for yourself, but I consider it a waste when it ruins a persons game. I think it's best to go in and pick the pieces you think will enhance your game, rather than just blindly picking up the entire collection. Maybe that's just me.

MUnited83

For you.
You can decide for yourself, but I consider it a waste when it ruins a persons game. I think it's best to go in and pick the pieces you think will enhance your game, rather than just blindly picking up the entire collection. Maybe that's just me.

I do agree with you, but even without picking up all the dlc minus the ones that ruin it, the dlc collection is quite cheaper.

Also, you can fix it by doing this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/202170/discussions/0/846945955286761354/

What games allow for high PhysX effects without killing framerate without SLI/on midrange cards

because Arkham Origins seems even more taxing than previous Arkham games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What games allow for high PhysX effects without killing framerate without SLI/on midrange cards

because Arkham Origins seems even more taxing than previous Arkham games.

Older titles such as Arkham Asylum and Mirror's Edge should run acceptably.

What are some good spider-man games for PC? I tried Ultimate Spider-man before, but then gave up because the level where you have to chase Electro is just too damn hard... with KB/M control.

_hekk05

Banned
Holyshit playfire rewards finally works for me. All those tickets I sent finally paid off. Now I have 4.48 bucks just waiting to be spent ...

Now what?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What are some good spider-man games for PC? I tried Ultimate Spider-man before, but then gave up because the level where you have to chase Electro is just too damn hard... with KB/M control.

I liked amazing, maybe because I hadnt played a spidey game in so long. the swinging looked awesome, had some crazy camera angles going

catabarez

I liked amazing, maybe because I hadnt played a spidey game in so long. the swinging looked awesome, had some crazy camera angles going

Oh yeah unfortunately Amazing Spider-Man is the only one on Steam. I wish the others came to Steam but I doubt it will happen.

Played Just Cause 2 for about an hour, and I can definitely see why people love this series. Using the grappling hook to carjack people and for stunts is very satisfying. Will be putting a lot of time into that when I get DMC4 out of my system.

BTW, is there any way you guys can add me to NeoGAF's Steam group?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just spent another 4 hours or so playing more :p I definitely feel safe in calling it a great game/RPG. It has its flaws of course but it's one of the biggest jumps in quality from a dev for me in quite some time, fair play Reality Pump. Gets me very interested in Ravens Cry (well depending on what they have to work with since it's a switch of developers rather than them starting from scratch on their own game).

Looking forward to the expansion now too, got it sitting here for when I finish the main game which admittedly won't be for a while yet. 33 hours played in two days though, not done that for a while.

Between Ravens Cry and their new Survival-Horror IP I think TW2 will be the last installment in the TW series from Reality Pump for awhile, so enjoy TW2.

I remember some posters being excited about this so here's 20 minutes of Ultimate General: Gettsyburg beta gameplay from the dev's IndieDB page

This looks amazing, I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Ionic

Hopefully I did this right. Two games I enjoyed a lot last year.
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-505D796BA57A90F5
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-C76C261EB2CD79C4

t1396253600z1.png

That's a lot of DMC.

I went about 7 months without playing video games, and during that time I would occasionally look up combo videos of DMC4 and I told myself that when the time is right I will buy it on Steam. Haven't been able to put it down since I bought it 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom