• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Has anyone else had a problem getting Arkham Asylum to run on Windows 8.1? At first I was getting an error saying I did not have PhysX properly installed. I obviously did but I fixed that error. Next I had a Microsoft NET Framework Error and I didn't even try a fix for that one yet. I just tried the demo, but is this something that persists will the full version as well? If it's fixable I would like to get the full game before it goes off sale.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I had zero issues completing the full game from Steam on 8.1. It could either be a demo specific issue or you actually need to install the framework updates that should come with the game.

natertots

I had zero issues completing the full game from Steam on 8.1. It could either be a demo specific issue or you actually need to install the framework updates that should come with the game.

Thanks. This is good to year. Will definitely purchase now, I played a lot of Asylum on the console when it first came out. Looking forward to playing it all over again on PC in all it's glory.

hohoXD123

Repost

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ULTIONUS: A TALE OF PETTY REVENGE -- MB-4ECED9FB7BFEDD63 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 24 entrants total.
REDSHIRT -- MB-F15F6DDBD5A32D49 - Taken by Myshkin. 8 entrants total.

t1396208062z1.png

Decided to check the Community Page for Dark Souls II since it's pretty much my most anticipated game for PC in the upcoming month (but I will only get it in May, ugh) and the first thing I saw was this:

esdLlVE.png

...Why people waste their time with such pointless post is beyond me!

LOL 11/10 troll would read again

Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement :). I was set on playing it as a self-development exercise (lol), but you had me consider the fun of it all (games, duh!) I am curious as to what else is there that I haven't seen or tried in the game; it seems very deep. And I really did enjoy playing it the times I let my hair down, so to speak, and rolled with the punches. Fire Emblem, the only other game I've played of this style, rarely evoked this much hesitation. Maybe because saving wasn't as granular? Give me enough rope and I'll just end up hanging myself with it -_-

My pleasure :).

Well it's easy to lose sight of the fact that games should be about play, or in other words, fun :). I do it at all the time, fretting about my 'backlog' but not as much as I used to.

I would suggest starting a new playthrough on Easy Ironman. The inability to save scum will heighten the intensity and thus your satisfaction from success all the more but still be at a difficulty level that should be manageable. You won't get any game breaking/ending bugs although you might get one that sends your soldier clipping through the map to their doom or stuck in the ground and unable to move :p. Or, if you wish to "self improve" you can play without Ironman but just choose not to reload unless you get a bug/glitch i.e. if you mess up and bork a mission, lose a soldier or even the whole lot of them then you take it on the chin and keep on rocking. That's how my initial playthroughs on Easy were and it was challenging but enormously rewarding and fun.

Hm, should I get EU4 if I haven't really gotten into EU3 or CK2? More beginner friendly somehow?

It sounds like we're in the same boat when it comes to EUIII and CKII. I picked up EUIV because it was supposed to be more beginner friendly than EUIII, it is, but it's still the kind of game you'll have to put some time and effort into to learn how to play. There is a tutorial mode which walks you through the gameplay basics, I supplemented that with some of quill18's let's plays of EUIV and have had an easier go with IV than I did with III.

Which is the better deal, the Complete dition or the Collection?
To with, are the DLCs included in the Collection worth the way higher price?

I'm pretty sure most of the DLC is spurious, superficial stuff. Conquest of Paradise is the new expansion but outside of that, I dunno what, if anything, is worth purchasing. If Kabouter still bothered with this thread he'd probably be able to break it down in greater detail than I could hope to.

MUnited83

For you.
Seems that buy Day of Defeat on Gamefly's Valve sale will grant you a key that will give you the following games for 1$:

- Counter-Strike
- Team Fortress Classic
- Day of Defeat
-Deathmatch Classic
- Half-Life: Opposing Forces
- Ricochet
- Half-Life
- Half-Life Blue Shift

- Use coupon code: MAR20OFF (for EU the code is: UKMAR20OFF) .

Do be aware that it's probably a mistake and they might fix it.

Turfster

Seems that buy Day of Defeat on Gamefly's Valve sale will grant you a key that will give you the following games for 1$:

The same thing happens when you register a retail Half Life 1 CD key.
Don't know if they can fix it.

hohoXD123

ULTIONUS: A TALE OF PETTY REVENGE -- MB-4ECED9FB7BFEDD63 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 24 entrants total.
REDSHIRT -- MB-F15F6DDBD5A32D49 - Taken by Myshkin. 8 entrants total.

Huh, didn't expect that many people to want Ultionus. Here's the Desura key if you missed out:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ULTIONUS: A TALE OF PETTY REVENGE -- MB-5F17B517B338180D - Taken by Tizoc. 3 entrants total.

t1396209143z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh shit, it looks like the trolls have discovered 3G.

Alright, let's see if Wikipedia can shed some light here:

Numerous tales about trolls are recorded, in which they are frequently described as being extremely old, very strong, but slow and dim-witted, and are at times described as man-eaters and as turning to stone upon contact with sunlight.

Holy shit. Trolls run the cellphone companies.

rtcn63

- Counter-Strike
- Team Fortress Classic
- Day of Defeat
-Deathmatch Classic
- Ricochet
- Half-Life
- Half-Life Blue Shift

Likely won't play anything other than Half-Life- bought anyways.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I want to say that Ultinous is really a good game.

It took me a while to enjoy it but once it clicked it was pretty damn fun. One of the few games I got all the achievements.

Trollhunter is a cool movie btw.

I normally can't stand "found footage" movies but I really liked Trollhunter. It was a fun ride that, due to just a smidgen of winking at the audience, never became too serious and remained enjoyable throughout.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got back from Seattle, it's good to be home.

Logged in to Steam and saw this... what should 1,700 be?

8xhmHu6.png

I wonder if anyone managed to get someone hired at Valve and get the entire Steam catalog as a gift from Greg Coomer. He said the deadline was around Valentine's Day.

8xhmHu6.png

HL3 ;P

nampad

The bots have contingency plans...

At first I thought it looked cool but then I saw that creepy face and those eyes.

- Counter-Strike
- Team Fortress Classic
- Day of Defeat
-Deathmatch Classic
- Ricochet
- Half-Life
- Half-Life Blue Shift

I can confirm this, thanks for the heads up.

AHA-Lambda

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but for the new carmageddon game that just went up, it asks for a minimum of 1GB vram, I only have 512mb and am not due to upgrade my PC for a while yet unfortunately.

Are minimum requirements really very hard and set or could I get away with 512mb?

I fund it hard to believe I can play titanfall but not carmageddon tbh

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm sure this is a really dumb question but for the new carmageddon game that just went up, it asks for a minimum of 1GB vram, I only have 512mb and am not due to upgrade my PC for a while yet unfortunately.

Are minimum requirements really very hard and set or could I get away with 512mb?

If it does need that much you will get a lot of hitching which was unpleasant in BF3 back in the day.

I can play any game but GTA4 for that reason. So, bad optimization exists.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

8xhmHu6.png
Mind that said game count is still incorrect for some reason, the only one truly correct is the one from the client... although I'm pretty sure you knew that :p

I'd say something to make company to those featured games like Deadpool, Outrun, Wheelman or Bulletstorm

Aerocrane

I'd say something to make company to those featured games like Deadpool, Outrun, Wheelman or Bulletstorm

You might as well try to become an astronaut instead of trying to get a Steam version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, it would be easier.

Mind that said game count is still incorrect for some reason, the only one truly correct is the one from the client... although I'm pretty sure you knew that :p

The client count always seems off to me -- like it counts things twice in some cases...

Pachimari

Came to think of it. Can games actually be taken away from me?

I'm pretty sure I had 146 games and now 145 is listed but it's probably my mind playing tricks on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom